New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Regarding NY Lake Reports and Conditions Board  (Read 25582 times)

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
Regarding NY Lake Reports and Conditions Board
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 06:22 AM »
This is a little reminder to all;
 The reports and condition board is for just reports and conditions. We try and keep it clear of cluttering posts or simply Banter. I know its early and everyones getting excited about the new season but lets not clutter those pages with stuff not related to what it was designed for. For simplicity the idea was to be able to go there especially this time of year and get a quick look at what is going on for the lakes you want to fish. Adding pages of just common chit chat only makes it more difficult to find out the information you might need in a hurry. Bring that chit chat to NY general start a new topic about any lake you wish to chat about, use it to meet up with guys or any other idea you have but lets keep that section for reports and conditions. Any other posts not related to specific reports there is subject for removal without any notification. Keeping it simple in that section will help everyone.

Thanks for all your help

Offline HOOTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOOD N U
Re: Regarding NY Lake Reports and Conditions Board
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2010, 01:41 PM »
DELTE LAKE STARTING FREEZE. IF THE WEATHER HOLDS IT WONT BE LONG
LIFES LONG SHE'LL ADJUST
hard water is not always hard
down there, been down, not fun

Offline northernmaddness

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Canal is covered in herkimer. Might try drilling a hole 2maro to find out how thick. Should definatly be good by this weekend

Offline northernmaddness

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 01:31 PM »
4" on canal near fort herkimer church

Offline adkman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2010, 06:14 AM »
Tupper Lake area.  Simond pond has 4-6" good solid ice with little snow cover.  Raquette pond has 4-6" with some snow in areas due to drifting.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2010, 03:39 PM »
This thread is just a reminder of rules regarding R&C. Post questions regarding lakes by starting new topic in General dont add them here.

Offline lamp519

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2010, 08:21 PM »
6-8 inches on copake and have been fishing Queechy for about 2 weeks.

Offline chefie111

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2010, 09:38 PM »
Queechy Lake, 6 to 9 inches, browns and pickerel are hittin' hard. Have fun!

Offline fishman11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:40 AM »
anyone know how ice is on alma pond sunday 1/2/11?
jig pull fillet eat

Offline Spudder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2011, 01:44 PM »
8" on rollway bay black lake... just went out today to check it. no snow

Offline oldhuts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2011, 11:27 PM »
hey! folks,,,any chatter on sodus at n-w corner,,, ice thickness ,,,tks...

Offline seansean1444

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2011, 06:51 PM »
yes i was there ice has been safe at the village was a little sketchy with 3 in

Offline hardwater Rick

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE SMALL ONES BACK!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:36 AM »
This thread is just a reminder of rules regarding R&C. Post questions regarding lakes by starting new topic in General dont add them here.

Can you guys read this!!!!!  After cold feet posted, you guys keep adding report threads.Please respect what the moderators say. NO REPORTS AND CONDITIONS HERE.. Each state has a General thread page, and A reports and conditions page.. use them.. this thread is just a reminder.. common guys help out..

Offline harvs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:58 AM »
NEW PARKING IN CHAUMONT!
People can park at the Duck Stop Diner and they will give people a ride to the place where they want to fish for a $5 charge!You can bring snowmobiles and others they have a hitch and a trailer!
We are trying to help with the inconvenience of the parking being closed on rte 125!
Thanks

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2011, 12:52 PM »

Can you guys read this!!!!!  After cold feet posted, you guys keep adding report threads.Please respect what the moderators say. NO REPORTS AND CONDITIONS HERE.. Each state has a General thread page, and A reports and conditions page.. use them.. this thread is just a reminder.. common guys help out..
Perhaps this should be posted in the Oneida condition board too :) . Please guys respect the mods! If you have a question or a condition to report post it in the conditions board! Thanks

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2011, 03:57 PM »
This is pretty funny  -  all he had to do was make the post and lock the thread.  I like to read so it doesn't bother me much.  ;)

Offline fishingaddict

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just wana Be FISHING sumwhere
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:39 PM »
 :)
Why are you reading this,?  when you could be on the water!!!!

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:32 PM »
anyone know the ice conditions on sylvan lake in dutchess county??

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:15 AM »
You ROOKIES really have to stop postong on here and check out the Reports and Conditions Board... ;D ;D

Click on this link and it will bring you there..  Once there look for the water you want to fish..
  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=50.0 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:25 AM »
OMG how funny. I guess we really see how much guys check posts for reports before asking Hows the ice. Wow the only thing that come to mind here is the song the tin man sang in the Wizzard of OZ. "If I only had a brain"

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:28 AM »
sorry guys ive actually been checking that post and ive been searching and i clicked on ur little link and cant find the lake

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:29 AM »
If you are going to respond to a thread, dont you think you should read the whole thing before posting?? ;D ;D ;D

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:33 AM »
This is a little reminder to all;
 The reports and condition board is for just reports and conditions. We try and keep it clear of cluttering posts or simply Banter. I know its early and everyones getting excited about the new season but lets not clutter those pages with stuff not related to what it was designed for. For simplicity the idea was to be able to go there especially this time of year and get a quick look at what is going on for the lakes you want to fish. Adding pages of just common chit chat only makes it more difficult to find out the information you might need in a hurry. Bring that chit chat to NY general start a new topic about any lake you wish to chat about, use it to meet up with guys or any other idea you have but lets keep that section for reports and conditions. Any other posts not related to specific reports there is subject for removal without any notification. Keeping it simple in that section will help everyone.

Thanks for all your help

THIS IS NOT A REPORT PAGE DO NOT REPORT ABOUT LAKES OR FISHING HERE!!!!  READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!   IT IS JUST A COMMENT FOR MEMBERS TO USE THE REPORTS AND CONDITIONS BOARDS PROPERLY. THERE ARE NO LAKES HERE OR FISH HERE IN THIS POST!!!!!! THEY ARE IN REPORTS AND CONDITIONS BOARD.

There maybe shouting will help!   I hate to lock it yet this is too funny.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:50 AM »
NOOOOO..  Dont lock it..... ;D ;D ;) ;)

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2011, 09:15 AM »
I guess my age and grumpness are coming out.
The thing was started as a REPORTS and conditions board. To my mind reports include when you were there. What you fished for, what you caught, where(maybe), sometimes a picture or two of your success on that lake, so a little banter is sure to follow. As it is when someone posts ice thickness and conditions, almost without fail someone else will post a ? asking hows the ice. SOOOO, whats the real problem here???? It's apparent that the speed and ease of finding conditions of a lake were the concept behind this post. But if I post lake X has Y amount of ice today, and someone posts a ? of hows the ice on Friday night, whats the problem. Are we experiencing issues with the servers? Again... Do we want people to limit the amount of posts? It's quite apparent they can't read or don't read anyways. So I guess my question or problem with all of this is, if it isn't hurting anything,(the board has always seemed to work up until now) Why are we trying to enforce more restrictions? I may just be to dang ignorant to get it.
I do know I'm getting to dang grumpy to be here as much as I have been.
OH and as a newbie posting on the NY general board, I too would get very discouraged quickly. On a busy time here your post can go three to four pages back in the matter of an hour. As it is it seems the only posts people seem to be extremely respondant to are complaining or B@t#^ing. This being yet another post complaining about what people post where. Maybe this site should consider going to a paid membership. Then the administration could control and moderate what people did or didn't do.
Sorry if my rant angers anyone or causes a problem. Feel free to remove if you feel you need to Cold Feet.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #25 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Not too bad yet.  ;D  We only got 2 pages of posts.  Good times :P

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Ok I give this is hilarious...perhaps using caps and red flashing letters will work Cold Feet! Can we make this into a bs thread?  :roflmao:

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:47 AM »
I guess my age and grumpness are coming out.
The thing was started as a REPORTS and conditions board. To my mind reports include when you were there. What you fished for, what you caught, where(maybe), sometimes a picture or two of your success on that lake, so a little banter is sure to follow. As it is when someone posts ice thickness and conditions, almost without fail someone else will post a ? asking hows the ice. SOOOO, whats the real problem here???? It's apparent that the speed and ease of finding conditions of a lake were the concept behind this post. But if I post lake X has Y amount of ice today, and someone posts a ? of hows the ice on Friday night, whats the problem. Are we experiencing issues with the servers? Again... Do we want people to limit the amount of posts? It's quite apparent they can't read or don't read anyways. So I guess my question or problem with all of this is, if it isn't hurting anything,(the board has always seemed to work up until now) Why are we trying to enforce more restrictions? I may just be to dang ignorant to get it.
I do know I'm getting to dang grumpy to be here as much as I have been.
OH and as a newbie posting on the NY general board, I too would get very discouraged quickly. On a busy time here your post can go three to four pages back in the matter of an hour. As it is it seems the only posts people seem to be extremely respondant to are complaining or B@t#^ing. This being yet another post complaining about what people post where. Maybe this site should concider going to a paid membership. Then the administration could control and moderate what people did or didn't do.
Sorry if my rant angers anyone or causes a problem. Feel free to remove if you feel you need to Cold Feet.

very well said agreed!

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:49 PM »
Actually Oldtimer this threads topic was started exactly the way it reads now  REGARDING  NY Lake reports and conditions board. I never changed that at all. It was meant to tell members to keep the banter off R&C and bring it to general. Which for instance doesn't work anyways. I also re posted it a second time and told people to please don't posts reports here. Even through all this no flags no foul I just find it funny that others here post to members this is not a reports board and guess what they still do. I love it and am laughing harder now I understand how threads get out of controll. A select few members read previous posts. Others pick a topic and post whatever.  By the way hows the ice? Did it start freezing yet? I'm watching Oprah and don't want to get off couch and look out window.

Stay safe fellow ice men
Thanks for the laugh

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 13, 2011, 01:16 PM »
Actually Oldtimer this threads topic was started exactly the way it reads now  REGARDING  NY Lake reports and conditions board. I never changed that at all. It was meant to tell members to keep the banter off R&C and bring it to general. Which for instance doesn't work anyways. I also re posted it a second time and told people to please don't posts reports here. Even through all this no flags no foul I just find it funny that others here post to members this is not a reports board and guess what they still do. I love it and am laughing harder now I understand how threads get out of controll. A select few members read previous posts. Others pick a topic and post whatever.  By the way hows the ice? Did it start freezing yet? I'm watching Oprah and don't want to get off couch and look out window.

Stay safe fellow ice men
Thanks for the laugh
The ice is awful and no matter what mother natures does it just will not form...Stay home and watch Oprah you're better off  :blink:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.