Author Topic: Pflueger is now making Inline Ice Reels, Including the classic President!  (Read 9746 times)

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just saw this posted elsewhere and figured I'd share. I'm a big fan of the president spinning reel so this is an exciting thing to see. Hope it's well made as I know many inlines have all sorts of issues.

Team Comfy Skunks

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
inlines are still a thing?

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
inlines are still a thing?

I own one (received as gift) and occasionally use it for panfish. I'm not the biggest fan but know lots of turny guys swear by them because they help prevent line twist, which causes a spinning jig. The ability to "freefall" the spool helps you get to a desired depth a little quicker too. If these are well made I will pick one up to try.
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The ability to "freefall" the spool helps you get to a desired depth a little quicker too.

i've never had a inline that actually did this compared to a spinning reel. 

my comment was tongue in cheek.  most of all the diehards i know have all moved back to spinning reels.  some reluctantly.  I started my inline infatuation with okuma fly reels (after IDO started using them) and eventually switched back over after the freefalls never freefalled 3mm tungsten. 

i like you keep one just in case but it mostly collects dust.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity

I to like their spinning reels
 I also use in lines , they are out of stock

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
a lot of new ice products are out of stock before companies actually release them on the market

Catchin' Fish

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
I love my Presidents on the soft water.
Gotta give the inlines a try

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
a lot of new ice products are out of stock before companies actually release them on the market
Remember this Past year hasn’t been typical by no means , time will tell
 Mat I hope your right as I would like to see the economy get rolling again as it was before Covid 👍 most  products are made overseas ,

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
They haven't been released yet, so they show out of stock, for now.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity

From a tackle rep I just talked to

http:// Nope just the opposite actually, factories and buyers are making and buying all they can right now due to the massive increase in demanded, get what you want now for Ice stuff if you can because there will be major shortages just like this summer

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Do you know if they will be made in the USA.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone know if they are a RH or LH retrieve? Links really don't say.

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone know if they are a RH or LH retrieve? Links really don't say.

They convert to either R or L, per the "details" tab about them.

I like in-lines EXCEPT for the drags that are usually not very good.  Let's hope they fixed that with these.

Offline Pudsky

• IceShanty Rookie
I have a few 13Fishing inline reels and have come to really like them.  I like the way they sit in my hand.  I will probably check these out.  I have another custom rod I need to order soon from DH custom Rods and Tackle in Elk River!

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have a few 13Fishing inline reels and have come to really like them.  I like the way they sit in my hand.  I will probably check these out.  I have another custom rod I need to order soon from DH custom Rods and Tackle in Elk River!
Matzilla makes some  awsome rods, the sensitivity is unreal

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
They convert to either R or L, per the "details" tab about them.

I like in-lines EXCEPT for the drags that are usually not very good.  Let's hope they fixed that with these.

Ah I see that now. I missed it! Pflueger makes good reels. Might have to handle one to compare to others. I have one of the 13 Tickle Stick/Ghost Inline combos. I didn’t give it a try yet.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Following.

I would love to see Shimano follow.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Tmuskie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The original Black Betty I like. 37" PB Pike on it.
There's a hole in the Ice,  Dear Liza, Dear Liza.
There's a hole in the ice, Dear Liza, a hole.

Well fish it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Dear Henry
Well fish it Dear Henry. Dear Henry, Fish it.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
 I would be interested in checking them out ,  my first run 6067 black Bettys have landed some nice lakers and big walleyes

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Matzilla makes some  awsome rods, the sensitivity is unreal

Thank you sir!  ;D

Catchin' Fish

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thank you sir!  ;D
they are well worth the shout out!!

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Has anyone seen these in stores yet?
Da Pack!

Offline cerhardt161

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone buy one or pick one up in stores? My opinion on inlines has always been to buy the 2nd or 3rd variation with the kinks worked out. Ive heard 13 fishings freefall reels have gotten alot better with the new line guide so i might get one

Offline Lamar84

• IceShanty Rookie
I ordered one and got it about a week ago. Put 6 lbs fluorocarbon on it and used it for brookies through the ice today. I was happy with it but the brook trout around here were not enough to test out the drag. The free spoiling is good but you have to hold the button. With light tackle in shallow water I found it was quicker to just pull the line out by hand but I still need to play around with it to get it dialed in. Beats my eagle claw in line, and I like that reel. Overall I like it but need to get into some bigger fish to truly test it out.

Offline cerhardt161

• IceShanty Rookie
I ordered one and got it about a week ago. Put 6 lbs fluorocarbon on it and used it for brookies through the ice today. I was happy with it but the brook trout around here were not enough to test out the drag. The free spoiling is good but you have to hold the button. With light tackle in shallow water I found it was quicker to just pull the line out by hand but I still need to play around with it to get it dialed in. Beats my eagle claw in line, and I like that reel. Overall I like it but need to get into some bigger fish to truly test it out.
Was this the cheaper combo setup or the 65$ inline? And do you think it would drop a 3mm tungsten?

Offline Lamar84

• IceShanty Rookie
It was the $65 presidential. It would drop the 3mm tungsten but depending on how you have it set up it might be faster to just pull against the drag.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just a heads up guys... Amazon is selling the president reel itself for $57 today, it was 55 a couple days ago when I ordered. Waiting patiently on the FedEx truck...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Just a heads up guys... Amazon is selling the president reel itself for $57 today, it was 55 a couple days ago when I ordered. Waiting patiently on the FedEx truck...

Just an fyi. I buy a LOT of stuff off Amazon. And one thing I noticed. If you  are undecided about buying something, and keep going back to "look at it", they know. And sometimes they will raise the price...on your page/account...to get you to pull that trigger. Ever notice the "recent products you have looked at" section? Yup...they know. Good idea to put it in your cart first thing, then price will freeze. You can always empty it.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just an fyi. I buy a LOT of stuff off Amazon. And one thing I noticed. If you  are undecided about buying something, and keep going back to "look at it", they know. And sometimes they will raise the price...on your page/account...to get you to pull that trigger. Ever notice the "recent products you have looked at" section? Yup...they know. Good idea to put it in your cart first thing, then price will freeze. You can always empty it.

Maybe, but I've been checking every few days for weeks waiting for availability and it has always been at the retail of 65 like everywhere else. Then a few days ago it became available and that's when the price dropped to 55. Not that it really matters but, I got it from the Pflueger store through amazon.
Prices change on amazon on the daily, I have several subscription items and they are never the same price month to month, sometimes lower sometimes higher but never the same...
Either way it's the lowest price for a president inline I could find right now.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.