The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone else started thinking about icefishing?  (Read 9406 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone else started thinking about icefishing?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 12, 2020, 07:03 PM »
Just picked up my copy yesterday.
People at the check out line were giving me looks like I was crazy!
They may be right, but who cares?

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 12, 2020, 07:11 PM »
I’ve been thinking about ice season since I first ice fished at 12 years old....I’m 53 now. How’s that for thinking about ice season? 😁🎣🕳

“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 12, 2020, 08:42 PM »
got some bait in the tank

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 12, 2020, 08:50 PM »
I'm always thinking about icefishing can't  wait to get those tasty perch in the freezer.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 14, 2020, 06:57 AM »
If you haven't gone icefishin ya jus wouldn't understand :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #35 on: Oct 14, 2020, 07:24 AM »
Started going through my ice gear yesterday.  Checking things out, no big additions "planned" yet, might add a couple jigging combos.  One more ATV trail ride tomorrow and then time convert the 4-wheeler to ice-fishing mode.  Looking at building a rack to haul the Otter XT Hideout without dragging it.

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Oct 14, 2020, 09:16 AM »
Been thinking about it since August when I started picking up some lures, I think this pandemic will sell out alot of gear quit this year. Currently shopping around trying to decide what tip ups I should get to replace my JawJackers.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 2020, 09:21 AM »
Yes, hopefully better weather than last year.  I’m thinking about putting an adapter on a six inch auger, any advice on what size & make of drill to get.

All in our group use kovac Ice master 2 adaptors

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 14, 2020, 10:05 PM »
Every time I fish my local lake I think about it, since ice fishing is prohibited. >:( Also I purchased some new 6" replacement blades for my Lazer. I didn't  absolutely need them but at 16$ and change shipped it wasn't to be passed on. Yes they are Swedish. ;)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #39 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:30 AM »
If there was ice today, I'd be going. Only thing left to do is new flags for tip ups (ordered),1 more rod holder (but not necessary), and a way to pack/carry my tip ups ( plans and development are in the works ).

Update: I am ready. Going in a couple of weeks to pick up a seasons worth of spikes. Buy waxies and minnows as I need them.

But while I do have some time waiting for ice, I'm playing around with a new jigging rod and reel. Something that is old but new(er) again. Just having some fun.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #40 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Yup..Im pumped

Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Da Pack!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Oct 15, 2020, 07:55 AM »
Yep, just have a few rods left to change line on and decide what jigs to tie on.  May even make a visit to a tackle shop and see what I can find. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Oct 15, 2020, 08:15 AM »
How big was that crappie?? Caught in Maine?
16”. Caught in Maine!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Oct 15, 2020, 11:44 AM »
16”. Caught in Maine!

Maybe its time to think about scheduling a visit to a Maine lake!!  Nice catch!!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Oct 15, 2020, 11:49 AM »
We have a healthy crappie population here in Maine. 14-16” are common, and not hard to track down

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Oct 15, 2020, 11:52 AM »
Very nice.  Just noticed that you have a YouTube channel.   Will have to check this out. 

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Oct 15, 2020, 12:48 PM »
Very nice.  Just noticed that you have a YouTube channel.   Will have to check this out.
Cool. Over 200 videos. All the 4 fish I posted are on the channel!!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Oct 20, 2020, 02:57 PM »
Saw this clip on youtube.

Gave me an idea for this year- gonna try the 10" Ion bit with my Milwaukee Fuel!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #49 on: Nov 09, 2020, 06:12 PM »
Just can't wait to get out.  I haven't had my boat out for about 3 weeks, but was excited the other morning when I saw ice in the puddles on the side of the road.  Nez

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Nov 09, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Just got some new Wolfram jigs in the mail so...yeah.

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #51 on: Nov 10, 2020, 08:38 AM »
Trying to hide my anticipation and not talk to others who don't ice fish is my current issue. People look at you like your nuts during your summer vacation at the beach talking about drilling holes in ice.  Basically I'm ready and have been thinking about it since it melted last season. 
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Nov 10, 2020, 09:08 AM »
I e got the ice bad! I e been building a sled mod and it’s almost done. I can’t wait. I’ve been looking at new gear coming out and not seeing a whole lot that makes me impressed. But what I really enjoy is everyone hear sharing ideas and the great feed back that’s comes back. Spent my morning reading jokes.
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Nov 10, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Ripping bindings off old skiis to build a smitty sled. Winterize the Truck. gonna get the flip out n go over it maybe add a battery, light etc. checkin the gear over, change some line, tie up a few lures. start reading Ice Shanty........ NO haven't givven it a single thought.... NOT
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Nov 10, 2020, 10:18 AM »
I ordered a deadsticking rod that arrived.  Been keeping my eye out for a sale one the Okuma baitfeeder reels to pair with it.  Still plan on spraying my hub with some waterproofing before we get ice.  Might get to that this weekend.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline HeclaHardWater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Nov 13, 2020, 07:45 PM »
I never stopped thinking about it!

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Nov 14, 2020, 05:56 PM »
Yep and actually got my tip-ups out this afternoon and rigged up new leaders and hooks. Makin' sure they pop up smooooooth....
If we don't get ice here is SE Pa I'm heading north!
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Nov 15, 2020, 01:18 PM »
I use dock fishing here in northwest PA as a ramp-up for ice season.  It helps tighten up my light bite hooksets and helps me get my jigging gear squared away and ready.  I also spent some time in the kayak with a soft water 'ducer this year mapping some of my key ice fishing spots, finding structure, underwater topography, etc and saving it in my Garmin Striker 5 (my ice sonar).  So yeah, I'm ready for the ice to start.  Pretty much once the good bird seasons and archery end, my outdoors focus just falls on waiting for ice.  I hope I'm not let down this year...AGAIN.

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #58 on: Nov 16, 2020, 08:21 AM »
had stuff half ARSE loaded and ready,,, hopefully i wont be drivin around with it to long before being able to put it to work,, goodluck stay safe.   :tipup:
youngster

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Nov 19, 2020, 10:30 AM »
I'm jonesing fellas!  On Sunday I sprayed my hub down with water proofing.  Saw on Facebook that black moshannon had a skim of ice on it this morning.  Unfortunately, they're calling for upper 50s and 60s here for the next few days. 

Thinking I might have to get the bass boat out and look for some big open water crappies this weekend.  The lake with big crappies never freezes enough! 

I'll still probably put my 38" tickle stick to work with a 5mm and plastics if the wind isn't blowing.  And if the wind is blowing, then we fish for bass!
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.