Author Topic: Montreal lake  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Timetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Montreal lake
« on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Has anyone been out to Montreal/bittern lakes, wondering  how much ice? Thanks

Offline REM7600

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Montreal lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:52 AM »
I heard 14" on Montreal. Haven't been there myself yet though.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:37 AM »
my dad was just there  said it was slow

Offline cburns94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2018, 09:15 AM »
I was out Saturday at the beach. Walleye were coming in steady on the camera. We were able to catch a few and one pike. about 150-200 yards out there was 14 inches. We drove on.

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2018, 08:43 AM »
Anyone out yesterday? Still easy to drive around?

Offline Walleye Annihilator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Ice is about 20 now ..... have to sharpen spud and spike on jigger before I go again.

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2018, 12:47 PM »
winter camped on bittern the last few days, fished bittern friday and saturday.  Lots of snow had fallen while we were there, but it was still not too bad to break a new trail anywhere by the time we left sunday morning.  When all that fluffy snow hardens, travelling off trails will become more difficult.  Fishing was pretty good, mix of small walleye and small pike, spread throughout the day kept us entertained, but not as good of luck as we have had on the ice at bittern 2 years ago and prior.  We tried in roughly 6 different spots to see if we could stir up more action.  We had our best success shallower than we usually do, caught most in ~4-5fow under the ice, did catch at 7 and 10 fow too though. 

Fished montreal sunday, snow conditions similar to bittern but perhaps less?  we stuck to the trails mostly there, but didnt have any trouble pulling off to find our own spot away from the groups.  Fishing was good in my opinion, i have only fished montreal once before and we didnt get lucky that day.   the walleye and pike were bigger on average at montreal and reasonably active.  we only fished it for 4 hrs but caught 3 nice walleye and a much larger pike than at bittern.  Had some other bites and fish were often under us too.

From what i seen the ice on bittern was as thin as about 14-16 inches (a bit thicker in some spots) and the only spot we tried on montreal was about 16-18 inches (approximate measurements to ice, not snow).

Offline whale1979

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Just wondering if anyones been up there lately ?  Hows the driving and access at timber bay?
Thx.

Offline Cujo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2019, 08:40 AM »
We went on at Timber Bay a week ago on sleds and there was a pile of snow with no recent trucks tracks

Offline Doggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Is anyone driving on from the school to the point or further to the river? I haven’t been out there for three weeks.

Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.