The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: nils  (Read 1648 times)

Offline icefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
nils
« on: Oct 30, 2017, 02:00 PM »
Does nils make a ten in. bit . Someone on the site said they do . But i can't find any place to buy one. ideas in.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: nils
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2017, 02:34 PM »
Marine General

Offline IceMan100

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2017, 01:58 PM »
I think that's just the Replacement blade. Maybe they stopped making them and are just servicing the ones that are out there by keeping replacement heads available?

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2017, 03:53 PM »
I have a 10 inch mounted to a Tanaka 350cc powerhead.  Tanaka is no longer making these and as far as I know Nils has not marketed a replacement.  I would contact Nils USA directly to see what the status is. You can also get the 10 inch flighting directly from them if you already have a powerhead.  I have used my 10 inch Nils on a Clam conversion plate with a gear reduction box and a Milwaukee M18 drill; it works well.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2017, 04:09 PM »
I have a 10 inch mounted to a Tanaka 350cc powerhead.  Tanaka is no longer making these and as far as I know Nils has not marketed a replacement.  I would contact Nils USA directly to see what the status is. You can also get the 10 inch flighting directly from them if you already have a powerhead.  I have used my 10 inch Nils on a Clam conversion plate with a gear reduction box and a Milwaukee M18 drill; it works well.
Sounds like a great setup!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2017, 05:06 PM »
There was a hand auger for sale at reedssports.com for around $360... but it looks like some one gobbled it up?? Try there next summer see if they have one.. if not don't know what to do.. so many people  looking for 10's this year ..

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2017, 10:48 AM »

Hitachi/Tanaka were or are in the process of retooling  to produce newer gen power heads.  Or at least was as of last year.  NilsUSA will quickly refer you to Tanaka which is owned by Hitachi and I will tell you...getting someone on the horn there is next to impossible. 

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2017, 12:08 PM »
If you are planning on turning a nils 10" by hand, Don't. You can't. It takes over twice the force to turn compared to an 8".

If you're having a hard time finding a 10", we have one or two kicking around. They were a big flop in sales. I credit the lack of interest to their high cost.

-Dylan
Marcel & Dylan Larose
559 minot ave (207) 783-0388

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2017, 02:57 PM »
How much are the 10 inch ?   Also interested in the clearance beaverdams ?

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2017, 04:14 PM »
How much are the 10 inch ?   Also interested in the clearance beaverdams ?

$299.99 for the 10" nils, UR1000PS. And those plastic beaverdam trap holders, BD-BB are $5.99ea.

-Dylan
Marcel & Dylan Larose

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2017, 08:49 PM »

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2017, 08:53 PM »
There was a hand auger for sale at reedssports.com for around $360... but it looks like some one gobbled it up?? Try there next summer see if they have one.. if not don't know what to do.. so many people  looking for 10's this year ..

Reeds shows the 10in but it isn't in the store. I called and talked to a guy from reeds today. He said that they didn't have any on hand, and that nils USA has been terrible over the last 1 1/2 yrs. to do anything with. Claimed the inventory they are selling for nils was leftover from last year. He questioned if nils USA was going to be around much longer.

I've been trying to find one myself.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:12 PM »
$299.99 for the 10" nils, UR1000PS. And those plastic beaverdam trap holders, BD-BB are $5.99ea.

-Dylan

Is that $299 shipped? I'd have interest in one.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2017, 02:11 AM »

I see you found the post ..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2017, 02:13 AM »
Argonomist you May want to contact dags see link below for other info..

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=348690.0;topicseen

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2017, 10:48 AM »

No.

-Dylan
Marcel & Dylan Larose

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2017, 11:07 AM »
In the future can we all please use the PM function for specific questions about pricing and shipping of products that Dag's might carry. I don't want to cloud up the forums with my shameless marketing.

-Dylan
Marcel & Dylan Larose

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2017, 11:15 AM »
In the future can we all please use the PM function for specific questions about pricing and shipping of products that Dag's might carry. I don't want to cloud up the forums with my shameless marketing.

-Dylan
The whole point of this thread was finding out who had a 10 inch Nils s and what price point they were looking at. I would rather buy from you as a sponsor and might not have the chance to see the details if you are using personal messages with others that we don’t see. I would be curious to see what your shipping price is? If you care to share, you can do it here or p.m. me. Thanks! Also, thanks for being a sponsor on the site!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.