The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Lazer Pro Issues  (Read 468 times)

Offline markrazzy

• IceShanty Rookie
Lazer Pro Issues
« on: Feb 04, 2014, 02:11 PM »
Hey all, my auger is just over 3 years old.  For the most part, runs great.  Flies through the ice and has been pretty dependable.  Just wondering if anybody else is having any of the issues I've had:

So, my issues started last year when my auger would bog down  every once in a while towards the end of a hole.  Tried new fuel, etc, turned out to be the air vent was clogged at teh bottom... poked it a few times with a needle, no more issues.  Also, towards the end of last season, the off switch quit working.  So for the remainder of the season, I was choking it to kill it. 

Took it to a shop at the beginning of the season to get the switch repaired - ended up being a wire issue.  When I get home, I'll double-check to see what else they did, if they adjusted the carb or not.  Was running great for about 6 weeks, now the last few times out, I've noticed that it's been a bit harder to start, and it's idling at a higher rpms (the auger actually will spin if you lift it off the ice, never quite idles) and the thing is FLYING through the ice.  To the point I'm a little worried I'm going to burn it out.  Do I need to get it re-adjusted?  Or will it be ok... I'm digging how fast it's going through, but just a bit worried. 

Also, anybody else have like a oily-greasy residue that builds on the silver shaft part?  I don't think it's oil, I would think I could smell the gas... but I'm not a gear-head by any means. 

And not to turn this into a ethanol/pure gas issue... every tank has been run with non-ethanol 91 octane gasoline with seafoam and amsoil sabre, originally at 50:1, now down to 80:1. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.