The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Some HELP Needed!!!  (Read 492 times)

Offline Rollio

• IceShanty Rookie
Some HELP Needed!!!
« on: Jan 06, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

A couple of buddies and I came up to Michigan to do some ice fishing. We came up yesterday and start d on Houghton. We have since then been to Cadillac and Mitchell. No luck so far...I was wondering if we need to find a smaller lake or if we if it is slow fishing everywhere. Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated!
Thanks Robert

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
Re: Some HELP Needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2012, 06:36 PM »
From what ive been reading Cadillac and Mitchell have been pretty slow for everyone.......  :(
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline LOH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Lights Out Hunting on FB
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Since the storm this last weekend reports have it that Cadillac and Mitchell have been slow, hope it's better this weekend. Some friends of mine and I are heading up there tomorrow morning for the weekend. Check out www.bucsfishingreport. com for more reports and more indepth reports on some lakes where you are at right now. Hope it helps and good luck!
If I dont catch a fish, Im gonna catch a buzz...

Offline Jam32rob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2012, 01:55 PM »
I drive eight hours up here the other day and haven't seen anything at all that I would say that its a great fish I thinka few extra hours I will go to MN

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Cadillac & Mitchell have both been slow since the storm and high winds last weekend! I bet there was over 250 people on the ice today!! I live by the school camp and it was stupid packed there. I made it a point to get away from the crowd and scored on 3 walleyes (a 20,18, and 16")right before dark. The bite was quick and stopped once it was dark. Found them in 12ft of water and got them on a #3 Firetiger Glow jigging rapala tipped with waxies. Marked several more...goin back tomorrow evening!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline Rollio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Well guys im finally back home from our trip. We fished 5 lakes including Houghton, Cadillac, Mitchell, St. Helen and another one on the way home today.  I forget the name of it. It was in Clair county. Fishing was pretty slow everyday. Today was by far the best day of them all for fishing. We caught 15 perch 2 northerns and a largemouth bass. All in 2 hrs. I just wanted to say I really enjoyed my time in Michigan and the fishing seems to be getting better. Good luck out there and thanks for the help!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.