Author Topic: new to shabbona ice fishing  (Read 1588 times)

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
new to shabbona ice fishing
« on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:26 PM »
used to shore and boat fish shabbona a bit back in the mid 90s while at NIU, but haven't been back since. was planning an outing with my girl next weekend and coincidentally they're having a night fishing night saturday night. everything i've read talks up the structure in the lake. so i'll focus on that, any other advice?

Offline BuzzWood

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: new to shabbona ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:06 PM »
I was out that weekend. Caught a few in NMZ, over channel. Then over cribs by campground. Bright jugs with spikes, 4mm.  Going back this weekend too. Good luck.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:15 AM »
Deep trees near the dam and the old farm house site are my favorites. Many people love to fish the old bridge a little further east of the farm site.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline BuzzWood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Went out both days,this weekend. Caught 1 crappie over cribs. Moved all over,not much action. Fog was unreal Sunday.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2018, 08:07 PM »
I fish Shabbona often. Visit bait shop. Guys there know the lake and will tell you where to fish.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:38 AM »
Fish are on/next to structure.  Sonar and/or camera are essential at Shabbona. Good luck.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:39 AM »
Fish are on/next to structure.  Sonar and/or camera are essential at Shabbona. Good luck.

Offline Jimmy Bomanti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2018, 06:47 AM »

How is the water clarity in Shabby?  I heard the water was stained during/after the warm-up we had mid Jan.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.