Author Topic: any new snow at Lake Dauphin??  (Read 1914 times)

Offline RC

• IceShanty Rookie
any new snow at Lake Dauphin??
« on: Mar 23, 2005, 07:47 PM »
heading up to lake Daupin tomorow. wondering if there is any new snow since last week end? ??? wondering wat to bring for vehicle? any info. appreciated(Y)

grumpymoe

Re: any new snow at Lake Dauphin??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:15 PM »
fresh light snow this way.....driving onto the lake at dauphin really shouldnt be a problem even with 2wd...but stick to the trails.....do go out to the pressure ridge for fun and fish.....see you out there on saturday for sure if you make the same day....Grump and Mountainmama ;D

Offline RC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:31 PM »
thanx for the reply Grump we are going to fish dauphin tomorrow.have to work saturday otherwise we would see you there,still catching out around RBs shack we did allright in that area saturday of the derby.what day are you MM headin to delta? think we will hit delta on wednesday ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:42 PM »
RC....one last gasp at the shanty on dauphin saturday....least i think so.....delta for sure on Monday with the gang....maybe even tuesday... ;D ;D...just have to see how the high temps play out....Grump

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:53 PM »
You guy's make me sick. I am so jealous. ;D ;D ;D Good luck to you. Hey grump can you try to fish out my ice rod when you go to dauphin. I think sitting at the bottom of the lake for the last few months is long enough. ::) ::)
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Rock Bottom

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2005, 09:08 PM »
Driving on the lake should be good as long as it does not get too warm, im heading out in search of perch with Gord Pyzer, the local press, and the past pres of the fish enhancement here in Dauphin. We are gonna fish the west side of lake Dauphin tomorrow and then on the east on friday. I will post up tomorrow on how we did..Rod

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Good luck RB. Should be a great time.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2005, 06:23 AM »
Driving on the lake should be good as long as it does not get too warm, im heading out in search of perch with Gord Pyzer, the local press, and the past pres of the fish enhancement here in Dauphin. We are gonna fish the west side of lake Dauphin tomorrow and then on the east on friday. I will post up tomorrow on how we did..Rod
COOL go get em!! Let  Gord know about  Iceshanty ;D

Offline stiff rod

• IceShanty Rookie
Lots of snow at the Valley River
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2005, 10:50 PM »
I was at the Valley River today (thursday).  If you're going....bring a shovel.  I got stuck and it took me an hour to shovel out...when I looked behind me, there were two more vehicles stuck that had pulled onto the ice.  The snow and drifting in the past couple days has made it pretty difficult to get around.  And, once it warms up later on in the afternoon, the snow is even slipperier.  The fishing was still good though...caught my limit of eyes in about an hour and threw a few back that were over 18".  All in all, a good day...but the shovelling just about killed me.  There wasn't even a breaze to cool me off once I started sweating. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.