Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Northern Pike

Cooking Pike

(1/3) > >>

patchadams17:
Hey Bud's
I was wondering if anyone had some great recipes for cooking pike.
                                                                    Thnaks, Chris

kjay:
Bake it in tin foil with butter or margerine lemon juice, and put montreal steak spice on it. CUt up tomatoes onions peppers what have you. Bake till done. Either on barby or in oven. Take Y bones out with a V cut.

KJay

sbfPA_Mike:
MMMMMMMMMMMMM  FISH!  There is nothing better in this world than fresh fish cooked back in camp.  Oh,  did I say for breakfast linch and dinner? :P

AdkGuidesForHire:
i agree with kjay, or fillet and bone out, cut into large bite sized pieces then fry with scrambled eggs and onions with crumbled bacon mixed in, a dose of green pepers if you have them.

depending on the thickenss and size of the pike you may want to partially fry first then add to finish with the eggs. just don't over cook it.

cold_feet:
Pike the other white meat
Flour,Egg wash, Corn Flake crumbs. Fry to a golden brown. Get out all the bones and if the fellet is thick split it to keep it about 1/2" thick.
Now for the best
Fish Gumbo
1/2lb bacon, 1c.ea onion, celery, greenpepper, red pepper diced
1tsp garlic chopped 1/2tsp ea white pepper thyme oregeno 1/8 tsp cayenne or to taste, 8c. chicken broth, 1lb smoked sausage sliced on the bias 3/4" thick, 1lb or so fish cubed 1"
Fry bacon and reserve  Heat the bacon fat untill it smokes and add a equil amt of flour. Whisk untill roux turn the color of a brown paper bag. In a soup pot add all the ingredients except the sausage, fish, and bacon  simmer for 15 min. Add the sausage, bacon and fish simmer for about 7 min Serve over cooked rice Season with salt and pepper. Great with French bread. Northern Pike works great for this.
Cold Feet      :P :P :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version