Canada > Ice Fishing Alberta CA

Sylvan Lake 2023

(1/5) > >>

jpohlic:
After numerous years at Gull Lake, we put the "Hickie Hut" out on Sylvan Lake this year at Palm Bay. From Jan 5-7 we saw and caught more fish at Sylvan than we saw at Gull all of last year! So far I've only caught a 5" perch but my wife caught a small pike and her first ever burbot - she was so excited. We saw a lot of whitefish on the camera and had numerous nibbles but couldn't hook up on any. Also saw quite a few burbot and numerous pike and perch, but no walleye yet.

Headed back out on Friday night to camp out for the weekend!

Shotgun:
Congrats.   Her first burbot had to be  fun.

I found the camera usually spooks the whites so you might try keeping it out when chasing the whites.  Try 15-25FOW for the walleye

SHOTGUN

SNAPFisher:
Yeah, BIG congrats man!  I recall you thinking of moving it last year.  Sounds like the right decision.  I hope to see some more pics before or at end of season.  Have a great one out there!

jpohlic:

--- Quote from: Shotgun on Jan 11, 2023, 12:09 PM ---Congrats.   Her first burbot had to be  fun.

I found the camera usually spooks the whites so you might try keeping it out when chasing the whites.  Try 15-25FOW for the walleye

SHOTGUN

--- End quote ---

Yeah, she was sooo excited!!!

Good to know about the camera... what about using some old aquarium plants to camoflage it??? Our shack is right on the very edge of a weed bed/sand flat

Shotgun:
You can actually buy some artificial weeds that you wrap around your camera cable and camera,  I used to have some but they seem to have been lost.

Check out the internet you should be able to find some.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version