The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Woods pond ice conditions .  (Read 3921 times)

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Woods pond ice conditions .
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Similar, but imagine it on a MUCH smaller body of water with not as great rewards.  It can be a zoo somedays

It can at least be entertaining at times.  I watched a group of guys lug a couch out onto the ice and proceed to get absolutely trashed.  One guy was yelling at the top of his lungs about wanting to get into it with someone, tried to take his hoody off, slipped on the wet ice and was rolling around in the puddles on the ice while stuck in his hoody.  He passed out on the couch afterward in front of the fire but looked miserable.  Karma
westernmas on the finder

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:38 AM »
It can at least be entertaining at times.  I watched a group of guys lug a couch out onto the ice and proceed to get absolutely trashed.  One guy was yelling at the top of his lungs about wanting to get into it with someone, tried to take his hoody off, slipped on the wet ice and was rolling around in the puddles on the ice while stuck in his hoody.  He passed out on the couch afterward in front of the fire but looked miserable.  Karma

Yikes!
Sounds like a Russian YouTube video.

Offline REDGIANT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:09 AM »
I was there once and the sleds coming off of O Mountian were screaming across the ice most of the day.  One dudes throttle got stuck or he forgot to let off when getting to the other bank.  Needless to say he ended up leaving in an ambulance.
TIP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:24 AM »
So basically this place is like the canal

Na the canal has quiet times still thank god.  My favorite shore based striper spot ever.  Social media and fb live feeds during blitzes killed it.

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:26 PM »
Na the canal has quiet times still thank god.  My favorite shore based striper spot ever.  Social media and fb live feeds during blitzes killed it.
yes it does all of November till april ;)

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:28 PM »
so how did you do?

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2022, 03:34 PM »
 :tipup:

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:07 PM »
We got some fish on the ice . Nothing to grand . Good outing though no complaints

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:09 PM »
gd deal ! ;)
how was the crowd 

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Our group and one other group. Was a week day

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2022, 05:18 PM »
kool
u must of hit it at the right time  :clap:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 19, 2022, 06:53 AM »
congrats on a good trip. in surprised it wasn't as busy. you hit it perfectly as there is usually much more people.

Offline bassMASSter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:08 AM »
I still have the video of a russian family catching a small pike below keeper size, and throwing it in a trash bag to keep.  They kicked the bag back across the ice to their setup and left the fish flopping around inside to die

Offline Yukon Cornelius

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 03, 2022, 09:50 AM »
vigilante justice

Offline Atta Boy!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 03, 2022, 10:07 AM »
Funny someone mentioned Russians.  I met a group of Russians Ice fishing a few years back.  It was a freezing cold day and they were dressed for church.  crap you not they all had on dress shoes.  The craziest thing was the had a portable drill with a butterfly bit.  They made a small hole with the drill and stuffed an M80 or something bigger in the hole.  Lite it and boom.  It was crazy I thought someone was going to lose an eye or worse.  One of the most interesting things I have ever encountered on the ice.  Surprisingly they lasted the day.  I'm sure the vodka helped with the numbing cold.  ;D

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 03, 2022, 03:53 PM »
Funny someone mentioned Russians.  I met a group of Russians Ice fishing a few years back.  It was a freezing cold day and they were dressed for church.  crap you not they all had on dress shoes.  The craziest thing was the had a portable drill with a butterfly bit.  They made a small hole with the drill and stuffed an M80 or something bigger in the hole.  Lite it and boom.  It was crazy I thought someone was going to lose an eye or worse.  One of the most interesting things I have ever encountered on the ice.  Surprisingly they lasted the day.  I'm sure the vodka helped with the numbing cold.  ;D

Saw the same thing one time.  Like a 9 year old kid kicked an about 10lb pike across the ice over to their stuff.  I nicely informed them that there are PCBs in the water of the housy and it may not be safe to eat.  I was informed "We boil, no worries".  I can understand maybe eating some migratory waterfowl out of the housy but prob wouldn't be eating the Chernobyl stew they were making.
westernmas on the finder

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.