The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: What did you buy.........................  (Read 10955 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: What did you buy.........................
« Reply #90 on: Nov 14, 2022, 12:43 PM »
Scooped a used FL8 and like new 8 inch nils hand auger for $150.  Hard to pass up!

That’s a great deal..👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Nov 14, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Just got a dual beam transducer for my Garmin  Striker 4+. Got it (The Garmin) for my kayak but it is just too good to not use ice fishing. Th ducer it came with is firmly glued in a scupper on my yak so... My old fl-18 is still kicking but this has so many more features; really looking forward to using it n the ice.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Nov 16, 2022, 01:57 PM »
Also may have purchased a few more lip less crank baits ;)

Online Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Nov 22, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Prolly going to be picking up a lithium battery. My old acid batteries were on there last legs last year and I did nothing this summer to maintain them. ::)

Offline absolute_

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Dec 01, 2022, 06:59 PM »
Whole lotta new gear: challenger bibs, jawjackers, eskimo 450xd, sled, rods, thermal tipups to chase big pike up north, jigs, heater, the lot. This is only my second season but I'm pumped. I've been watching too many videos of the Canadians having a blast on the hardwater and I can't wait for some good ice to hop on. Hoping cold spells start to show up.

Offline The Walri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Dec 02, 2022, 08:12 AM »
8” strikemaster lite flight, Milwaukee hammer drill, second sonar unit so the kids stop stealing mine and some creepers for the little guys to keep them upright more (when they’re not sliding around purposely on their bellies🤣)

Offline DeadYote

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Dec 02, 2022, 10:37 AM »
Bought a buddy heater for ice season. Used it when quartering out our deer this week and am really impressed with it.

And then this weekend I am going to buy way too many K-Rip lures. With that we'll be all set for first ice up here. Cannot wait.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #97 on: Dec 02, 2022, 11:49 AM »
Hyfax for my sled..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Rogger2006

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Dec 02, 2022, 11:57 AM »
Garmin Ecomap UHD 93SV with LVS-32 Livescope system! My buddy has had one for a few years and I absolutely had to have one. My son (6 year old) is going to love it.
`````````````````'/\
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                 Thanks, Roger
                                 \/

Offline russelln114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Dec 10, 2022, 09:03 AM »
Well I sold the gas auger to you RuttNutt and I went ahead and bought the strikemaster 24v.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Dec 12, 2022, 01:59 PM »
Nice try Russell, but you couldn’t PAY ME to take one of those dinosaurs! 😜

But glad to hear you finally made it out of the Dark Ages!  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Dec 15, 2022, 09:45 AM »
Just bought an 11# propane tank, fuel filter, and hose with gauge for the Mr Buddy.  Added a JT gold digger blank too :).

So happy JT decided to sell ice blanks!!!  Decent pricing too.

Offline Nitz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Dec 15, 2022, 07:04 PM »
I acquired two pieces of ice fishing gear this week.  First up, Engel 13 qt bait cooler in High-Viz Orange (ENGLBC13-N-OHV).  I have been rocking mostly minnow buckets over the years, a couple coolers here and there.  I have about had it with the buckets, too much spill hazard.  We will see how it performs, but this unit seems very well constructed.  I am planning to coat the lid seal with something in attempt to mitigate it freezing up.  Also, it has the SS hinges (not the latches on front, but the hinges on the back) already on it.  I was prepared to order the SS hinges to replace the plastic hinges, which the 7.5 qt version still has (or at least the units at the store I went to had).

Next, and much more exciting lol, I came across a DEC 2007 build Stanley 1.1 qt thermos (the classic green units) at St. Vinny's - $6.99.  Could not pass it up.  It is in great shape and the stopper seal still works.  It will be on the ice with me this winter.

Offline DeadYote

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Dec 16, 2022, 07:15 AM »

Next, and much more exciting lol, I came across a DEC 2007 build Stanley 1.1 qt thermos (the classic green units) at St. Vinny's - $6.99.  Could not pass it up.  It is in great shape and the stopper seal still works.  It will be on the ice with me this winter.

I have a weird attachment to my Stanley thermoses, I don't know why but I'm always so stoked to use them.

Also, Stanley will send you replacement gaskets or stoppers if yours break. I got two new stoppers for old thermoses I salvaged last year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.