Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Northern Pike

Single hooks opinion

<< < (2/5) > >>

burtmcgurt:
I don't think anyone I fish with uses treble hooks on their tip-ups.  This could be a regional (Maine) approach since most the videos I see on youtube from out west or Canada seem to use treble hooks.

primepin65:

--- Quote from: burtmcgurt on Oct 05, 2021, 11:11 AM ---I don't think anyone I fish with uses treble hooks on their tip-ups.  This could be a regional (Maine) approach since most the videos I see on youtube from out west or Canada seem to use treble hooks.

--- End quote ---

I still use trebles on my tip-ups, but I rarely use my tip-ups anymore. I only use them if I'm taking a group of people out or if I'm walleye fishing and set up in the last spot of the night.

800stealth:
Single point hooks work just fine under a trap... It's all we can use in NH with bait and we catch fish. I'm a big fan of the Owner single replacement hooks as are most of the folks I fish with...
https://www.ownerhooks.com/product/single-replacement-hooks-x-strong/

Mr.Seaguar:
I use a single Gamakatsu #2 red Octopus for tipups or dead sticking chubs. Works great.

river_scum:
always had good luck with large kahle hooks.  lest several years i been using a kahle hook and a small treble above that.  bigger baits need more hook. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version