Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Walleye

Tipping with Plastics

(1/2) > >>

Frenchman:
Thinking about tipping spoons and jigging raps with plastics this year instead of dealing with minnows/heads.

Looking for suggestions on plastics to try out. 

Thanks!

esox_xtm:
Berkley has a Gulp Ice Minnow Head and Northland makes an Impulse Minnow Head. I still like natural and believe that salt always helps so I save all my dead or unused minnows, salt 'em heavy and pop 'em in the freezer. If they're salted enough they don't freeze real hard so they're always ready for a trip. After all, you're gonna rip their heads off anyway. Very handy, effective and value minded.

Rebelss:
I've used Berkley Gulp! minnows, and sometimes a cut half-body from one before, with limited success. I'll still stick with the real thing. Still have 3 or 4 pkgs of 'em in the tackle boxes.  ::)

Junkie4Ice:
A lot of small business making micro plastics these days, always nice to support local!

I prefer P3-plastics out of Winona, MN. They have a good selection, they're sold at Scheels and quality has been great! I don't believe they make an actual minnow or minnow head but if you're using artificial with spoons/raps aren't you going more for the action vs the look?

Frenchman:

--- Quote from: Junkie4Ice on Nov 20, 2020, 09:16 AM ---A lot of small business making micro plastics these days, always nice to support local!

I prefer P3-plastics out of Winona, MN. They have a good selection, they're sold at Scheels and quality has been great! I don't believe they make an actual minnow or minnow head but if you're using artificial with spoons/raps aren't you going more for the action vs the look?

--- End quote ---

You are correct.  Another option I have seen is using the Coconut Crab from 13 Fishing.  I will have to check out P3 Plastics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version