Alaska > Ice Fishing Alaska

Lake Louise report thread 2020/2021

<< < (3/15) > >>

TundraT:

--- Quote from: Akhardwater on Dec 02, 2020, 02:37 PM ---I wish there was 10 guys on here so we could talk back and forth.  It’s pretty sad when you think about what this board used to be like.  I messed my back up and have been on the couch for the last 3 weeks so I cant offer any reports other than that the lake looks beautiful on the webcam.  Hopefully I’ll be able to make it out for New Years.
Hopefully you wont.
--- End quote ---

iced:
I have not been on Ice shanty for a few years. I used to fish Louise a little more back in the day with AK Hardwater. I still make it up there a few times a year. I dont have a machine so I have been walking to Larson and a few other spots. The numbers of people on Larson bay has skyrocketed in the last few years and that is why I fish it less now. I did make it out there a few weeks ago. fishing was slow but I did catch a nice laker a little over 30 inches but super fat. I am thinking of heading up that way this weekend maybe. I will post if I do.   

kasilofchrisn:
My mom and dad are up there now.
They're not fishing though just hanging out at the cabin and bringing in a few supplies.
No reports other than they made it in fine all the way to blueberry cove.

Akhardwater:
It’s good to see you on here again iced, that makes like 5 of us now.  Louise defiantly isn’t what it used to be when we fished together.  Patrick has pretty much destroyed most of the fishery and he is targeting spawning Lakers so we are loosing our big mature breeders.  I’ll be up over Xmas and New Years so we should try to catch up.

iced:
I will try to go up for New Years. With Friday being the 1st I will drive up that day and stay Saturday, come back Sunday.  I might take my son in-law with me. He has not caught a fish under the ice yet. He lost a few char a couple weeks ago one nice one. It would be nice to get him a big burbot or Laker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version