Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

LITHIUM BATTERY CARE/INFO 2020

<< < (2/3) > >>

RyanW:

--- Quote from: 3300 on Jan 17, 2020, 09:29 PM ---which lithium do you have? if it's the 12 volt for sonar then yes. always charge it when you get home and it's up to temp. keep it top charged always. if it's 12 or 18 volt for tools then no. use your charger to discharge the battery if it's fully charged to 62% roughly. two solid bars with one flashing it close enough if you have four leds on the battery. leave the charger unplugged and insert the battery ino the charger to discharge it.

i didn't write that article, but wanted everyone to know more about the batteries they use.

--- End quote ---

Odd. I had a Milwaukee 2ah in an unplugged charger for the last 4 months and it was still fully charged when I pulled it out last week. Didn’t discharge a thing. Still says 4 bars as I look at it now.

3300:

--- Quote from: RyanW on Jan 18, 2020, 06:16 AM ---Odd. I had a Milwaukee 2ah in an unplugged charger for the last 4 months and it was still fully charged when I pulled it out last week. Didn’t discharge a thing. Still says 4 bars as I look at it now.

--- End quote ---

bummer deal, ridgid discharges in the charger. other way would be to watch it take a charge at end of season or when you don't want to store them fully charged and pull the plug when the third light starts blinking. another way would be to drain off some charge in their light or power adapter or other tool. hard to do on a 12 volt power tool lithium. you'd have to look up voltages to find what voltage 62% would translate over to.

i use mine year round, so i'm good keeping them topped off and they are under a lifetime warranty.

my dji drone uses smart batteries that self discharge after ten days and is user adjustable, but ten days is what the manufacturer has set up.

HWP:
Any advice specific to the 40 volt on the Ion G2 auger? Top-offs after minimal previous day use or no?

3300:
Shouldn't hurt to keep them topped up. I do on my daily batteries.

regulator:
As the NORSK 15AH battery is out of stock, I settled for the 7.5AH. Just got it yesterday, out of the box it was at 51%. Put it on charger for 6 hours last night and it topped out at 87%. I do like the 2A charger, as it has a status indicator light that goes from red to green during the charge cycle. Assuming that once it goes green, the charger switches into maintenance mode. To make a long story longer, I will give it a test run this weekend with my Lowrance Elite LCD, and will see how much run time I get out of it from the 87% charge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version