New York > Ice Fishing New York

Ice fishing laws, rules & reg.s

<< < (2/2)

USMC130FE:
Retired ECO,

Thank you for the clarification on this subject.  I personally do not use "TIP_UPS" but it is great to see that the director is in fact PRO Outdoorsperson friendly.  Good luck to all this winter, be safe, and have fun enjoying the Great NY outdoors!!

Tight Lines,
Steve

ol crawdad:

--- Quote from: archbishop on Dec 08, 2005, 06:58 PM ---here is a quote from TJC on the slammer issue and an e-mail he recieved from robert lucas. i will post the thred at the bottom

--- End quote ---

Not that it matters much but I was the one who asked Bob about the questions about the slammer, and the letter was a response to me...

here is the original thread...
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=25245.0

IceGeek:
Thanks Jud,
    I'm happy to hear about the tip-down issue.  I actually got hassled up near Buffalo once.  The guy didn't write me a ticket, but he said that he was pretty sure they weren't "legal".  I told him how on the fingerlakes everyone uses them for perch and he found it hard to believe.  Thanks again for everything!

Retired ECO:

--- Quote from: ol crawdad on Dec 09, 2005, 11:01 AM ---Not that it matters much but I was the one who asked Bob about the questions about the slammer, and the letter was a response to me...

here is the original thread...
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=25245.0

--- End quote ---

A big apology from Retired ECO Ol Crawdad, and I keep telling my wife that I'm perfect!!!!   Please don't tell her about my goof !!!!    Jud

Slammerman:
Ol Crawdad has it right. He gave me permission to repost that letter at slammertipup.com in the Q & A section. I changed the return email address to protect ol crawdad's identity.

Glad to hear that New York is basically "pro-fisherman" instead of "pro-fish" as in some other states where you the fisherman aren't trusted to use "new techniques" and "high tech" gear ..... oh no ... you might start catching too many and be inclined to violate using your special equipment and techniques THAT WORK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version