New York > Ice Fishing New York

Crappies in the Adirondacks?

(1/4) > >>

ChenBassHead:
I'm really looking forward to getting on the ice this year.  Last year, I really started to fish for crappies at night...but that was at home. This year I'm here at Paul Smith's College, and I can't seem to find any places up here that have any. I've checked the DEC contour maps, and they don't list any places here in Franklin County with crappies...but I know from experience at home that just because they don't list them, doesn't mean they aren't there!  ;) So my question is, are there any lakes or ponds in the Franklin County area where I can catch some? or am I pretty much going to be limited to catching them at home? I see that in Essex County there are a few places, but they're on the far (Lake Champlain) side of the county, which is quite the trip with no car (relying on friends with cars). Any info at all would be appreciated. Thanks!  :)

-Zach

Chucker:
Few and far between up there.  I distinctly remember being told that the little pond on the east side of Saranac right next to 86 had crappies, but it's a tiny pond, and 100% posted.  Other than that, you've got some driving ahead of you.

coldbum:
I think I remeber someone posting about crappie in the king?

camo_fish:

--- Quote from: coldbum on Nov 15, 2005, 10:00 PM ---I think I remeber someone posting about crappie in the king?

--- End quote ---
there are some nice crappies in George, but difinatly need to know what rock to look under to find that needle in a haystack.  ;)

Fishmon:
Brant Lake and Paradox Lake can be good at times.  Hard to find them since they suspend in winter and both lakes are fairly large with lots of potential areas to explore.  Electronics are a necessity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version