Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

Central Il. Hardwater Get together/Tournament?

(1/3) > >>

Iceman Cometh:
Hey Fellas,
I'm looking to do a little traveling this winter and share in God's greatest sport- any of you guys meet up for "fishing weekends"/tournaments (anywhere from 25-50 miles from peoria-galesburg area)? I'm thinking of trying to get a group up to go on one of my favorite lakes here in Yates City (where the BULLGILLS average the size of the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket-no fish story-VERY private lake!)--my get together/tournament would mainly have to be catch and release, though--We could really damage the above lake/resource in a quick amount of time-very small lake,plus it's the owner's front yard! That's why it's obviously so private! Anyway, I thought I'd start a new topic so we could get together, fish, philosophize, and have some fun!

illinoisicer:
     Hey Iceman,
 That sounds like a good idea.I'm in Mendota.There are some good places around here if you"d be willing to drive up here for some get togethers  on both private and public lakes.Count me in ,willing to put something together on my end.
                                                                            Don :tipup:

zaraspooker:
For fishing that good I would travel the 2 hours it would take me to get there.  Keep us informed.  I am lucky to have all weekends off, so anytime anyone needs help drilling holes and finding fish just let me know.

Lonzo:
That does sound like a good idea Iceman!  Keep us posted and let us know what comes about.  If I don't have to work on Saturdays I'd make a weekend of it.  Theres only one catch we gotta use your new rule of thumb 4 inch's of ice  ;D

Now lets get some ice :D

Lonzo

bluegill63:
Im in to I am also from Mendota so it is not to long of a drive for me either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version