Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2017  (Read 93240 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2017
« Reply #630 on: May 30, 2017, 04:06 PM »
I wonder if the seasons of good ice from New Years until March 31st are gone forever...
If not for lots of peeps working together, these conditions would have been difficult!
Thanks for the look back on what went on as I was home recovering from foot surgery!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #631 on: May 31, 2017, 07:54 PM »
I wonder if the seasons of good ice from New Years until March 31st are gone forever...
If not for lots of peeps working together, these conditions would have been difficult!
Thanks for the look back on what went on as I was home recovering from foot surgery!

Well I know the big lakes were a little tough and spotty this year Mow, but this was one of those GREAT years for all other bodies of water. My season this year started December 10 and last day on the ice was April 12. It was one to remember.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #632 on: May 31, 2017, 09:05 PM »
Well I know the big lakes were a little tough and spotty this year Mow, but this was one of those GREAT years for all other bodies of water. My season this year started December 10 and last day on the ice was April 12. It was one to remember.

Good for you!
I pretty much stick to Newfound and don't branch out much but you're right about smaller lakes.
Also had foot surgery which is screwing up my ability to do anything this spring...except try and get healed.
Better days ahead!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #633 on: Jun 01, 2017, 07:05 PM »
So....i've been working on episode 25 "The Ice Shanty Gathering".

I had my brother from Arizona in last week and haven't had time to work / finish this episode. This episode started out over 2 hours of footage and i've gotten it down to around 29 minutes so far. I think that is still too long.

Trying to cut it down even further but i might not be able to publish it for next Tuesday. I'm trying now though but it's still a ton more work to be done.

Stay tuned!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #634 on: Jun 02, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Jiggin hope you had a great time with your brother. Once again thank you for all the time you put in making the Newfound Circus videos between shooting the footage and editing to a time frame most people would watch. Just a suggestion if possible break down the Ice Shanty gathering footage into two video episodes. 
Steve

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #635 on: Jun 02, 2017, 12:20 PM »
J Just a suggestion if possible break down the Ice Shanty gathering footage into two video episodes. 
Steve

Thank you Steve. Appreciate your feedback and comments. I'll definitely take that into consideration.

I think last night i got it down to 27 mins with music added or so, but i sorta feel that is still too long. I'm trying to get it done for Tuesday so I might just release it as it is (long form) with a few more edits.

Stay tuned!

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #636 on: Jun 04, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Jiggin hope you had a great time with your brother. Once again thank you for all the time you put in making the Newfound Circus videos between shooting the footage and editing to a time frame most people would watch. Just a suggestion if possible break down the Ice Shanty gathering footage into two video episodes. 
Steve

Is this the same Mr. Clean that posts on LOU in Fairhaven?  If so I have seen your videos and reports.  I fish out of there a few times a year.  I appreciate the videos and reports.  They are great. I hope the water goes down soon. I'm skinnywater on LOU.

Tom

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #637 on: Jun 05, 2017, 04:23 AM »
Sorry Green Shack I reside in southeastern New York and not on LOU . My screen name comes from working majority of my life as a custodian.
Steve

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #638 on: Jun 05, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Thanks

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #639 on: Jun 06, 2017, 05:51 AM »
Episode 25

Ice Shanty Gathering.....a bit long. So much happened during the day, i didn't want to exclude.

Enjoy! And again thanks to NHTF and all the supporters for their hard work! Great event.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #640 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:26 AM »
And the Oscar goes to..... Jiggin... thanks for capturing a great event - and to NHTF for making this thing huge!

No worries about the video length - it zips right by...

See you next time...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #641 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:59 AM »
I second DConIce's statement another great video. Going to have to make the road trip from southeastern NY. one of these years to attend the gathering.
Steve

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #642 on: Jun 09, 2017, 04:56 PM »
Pretty bummed I had to work that day
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #643 on: Jun 10, 2017, 08:15 AM »
Great job with the footage once again Jiggin! And like you said, a big thank you to Keith, NFS, Troutfreak and ALL those who make this event possible. And its great to have the Newfound Circus host, what a beautiful place. Best ice fishing party in NH!!!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #644 on: Jun 11, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Awesome Video Jiggin. Was great to meet everyone there. I like the fast track at the end we look like a bunch of ducks waddling around.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #645 on: Jun 13, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Episode 26

We brought back out our bob house. Season is winding down.....really hard to leave.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #646 on: Jun 13, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Jiggin thank you for giving me and others our Tuesday ice fishing video. I'm sure you have been asked this before but why do you and other Newfound Circus member prefer to use jig sticks over rod and reel for lake trout fishing.
Steve

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #647 on: Jun 13, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Another awesome ice video Jiggin! I love footage of lakers coming up to the hole.
Thanks for putting in the time to keep all of us entertained.

Cheers,
Keith
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #648 on: Jun 13, 2017, 05:26 PM »
I'm sure you have been asked this before but why do you and other Newfound Circus member prefer to use jig sticks over rod and reel for lake trout fishing.
Steve

I think it was the way most of us grew up ice fishing around Newfound. I've tried fishing with rod and reels, in fact my brown bob house "girls girls girls" was designed around a specific fishing rod. I swore that i was going to use it and not the jig stick any longer after seeing a friend of mine catch an 18lb laker on a rod and reel. He fought it for nearly 30 mins and finally landed it. It went by the hole several times, taking line with it.
I don't know if i could of done that with a jig stick at that time. Since then my wife and i have planned it out to help each other paying out line on our jig stick and keeping it under control when and if we do land a big one. I've caught 10lb'ers on a jig stick before with no problems. The weight of a heavy laker on a jig stick is awesome plus it's instant hook set.

The first time i had my new brown bob house set up on Newfound with my new fishing rod and reel and caught a laker, after setting the hook I immediately threw it to the side and hand lined the laker....cut my fingers up a bit, did this twice and then threw the rod and reel outside never to use it again in the house. Back to jig sticks however from time to time i do use a rod and reel when fishing outside bouncing around the lake.

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #649 on: Jun 13, 2017, 07:27 PM »
 Jig stick jigging is an art form. The guy that taught me how to ice fish always used one and cut me my own. I grew up bass fishing and the lack of drag always freaked me out. That said, you watch somebody like that handling on a jig stick and it's just downright impressive. Sometimes like jiggin said, it almost requires a second man to act as a drag. I still break out my handmade jig stick as a tribute but I don't quite trust it the same.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #650 on: Jun 14, 2017, 02:36 AM »
Jiggin, Hottuna5150 gentlemen thank you for your explanations on the jig stick usage I figured it might be a personal choice or regional preference.  Jiggin I did notice in the episode 26 video you assisting your wife in landing some of the fish she caught on her jig stick.
Steve

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #651 on: Jun 14, 2017, 05:47 AM »
Jiggin I did notice in the episode 26 video you assisting your wife in landing some of the fish she caught on her jig stick.
Steve

Yes, I try to help out when i can, after all she's my wife. When the laker is thrashing around, the fluorocarbon line can cut into your hands. I use 40+ lb test fluorocarbon line as a leader for her so the line isn't too thin in diameter. The rest of the line is dacron or squibbing around the 100+lb test again for diameter purposes, something to grab onto.
I've caught many lakers in my time that its really about her experience that's important to me. It also gives me a personal challenge to try to get ahead of her in terms of numbers by the end of the season when I'm behind. This season she beat me again, 2nd season now. :(
In addition, its a great stress reliever setting the hook and yanking them up. Had a bad day, take it out on a lake trout's snout.

Beats kicking the dog.....   :)

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #652 on: Jun 14, 2017, 03:47 PM »
In addition, its a great stress reliever setting the hook and yanking them up. Had a bad day, take it out on a lake trout's snout.

Beats kicking the dog.....   :)

Amen
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #653 on: Jun 20, 2017, 01:32 PM »
Last episode....

Episode 27. Fishing by myself ending the season. Last video, enjoy.

Offline zack-attack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #654 on: Jun 20, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Yo jiggin, sweet videos , love seeing the lakers on camera, top shelf!

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #655 on: Jun 20, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Welp, there goes the allure of Tuesday's.

Cheers Jiggin. Nice work.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #656 on: Jun 20, 2017, 07:30 PM »
Last video on the day before the 1st day of Summer!
Thanks for the hard work Jiggin!
See you next season (mowbizz n' shobizz have some new toys for next season)  ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #657 on: Jun 21, 2017, 11:25 AM »
Jiggin once again thank you for shooting and editing your Newfound Lake ice fishing video footage. Since Summer is officially here I know when the heat and humidity arrive I can come to this thread and watch your videos while dreaming of being on a frozen lake. A good Summer to you and your family.
Steve

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #658 on: Jun 29, 2017, 08:14 AM »
Thanks guys for your input and feedback. I really appreciate that. I start to run outta ideas and your input is extremely valuable to me. Your appreciation makes it a worthwhile effort. Cheers!

At the moment, I'm working (slowly i must admit) on wrapping up another video (slide show of pictures) which hopefully i can publish during the 4th holiday.

Stay tuned.....and thanks again.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #659 on: Jul 21, 2017, 11:18 AM »
A slide show of random pics from Season 2017

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.