Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2017  (Read 93018 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2017
« Reply #510 on: Mar 14, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Episode 12 watch in HD

CH kicking me and her brothers butt in a fish off. Wont do that again. :(

The Lady is a jiggin' machine! She ate u up an spit u out! 
Awesome! Me and Shobizz were doing the same all (the short) season and couldn't jig even one up... :'(

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #511 on: Mar 14, 2017, 01:29 PM »

Great video... thanks for the details and shots of the underwater camera and sonar... very interesting.

Congrats to CH on a double digit laker season... or was that just for the day :)

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #512 on: Mar 14, 2017, 03:11 PM »
Nice

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #513 on: Mar 14, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Another sweet short. That bobhouse is top notch... as is CH's Tip n' Rip on that jig stick.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #514 on: Mar 15, 2017, 06:54 PM »
Congrats to CH on a double digit laker season... or was that just for the day :)

Most were caught that day....she's up to 21 for the season so far. All jigged up.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #515 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:01 PM »
   I've Ben fish' @ newfound qwite often I haven't seen a sole houses r all on the side
Of the lake no 1's seems 2 B fish' it has Ben very cold the past 2 weekends
Haven't seen many since the rotory derby.  25/ 30 inchs of ice no fisherman or fisherlady's
🐟🎣❄️.         

Mother Nature pulled a fast one on us....warm weather with rain and no let up in the forecast so we all pulled off when the going was good and then 2 weeks of cold. Started thinking of bringing my house back out last week, Then 20+" of snow which would make a mess out there right now i.e.: Slush Fest. Glad i didn't bite.....

Almost Mother Nature.....almost.  :nono:

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #516 on: Mar 16, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Headed up to the get together Saturday and was hoping to get in a couple lines off Wellington beach before lunch like last year. I know NHTF said good ice south of Mayhew, but am I still ok off Wellington in 3-8 FOW? Hope to see some of the circus folk I met out there last year.
Thanks guys and gals..
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #517 on: Mar 16, 2017, 12:04 PM »
Headed up to the get together Saturday and was hoping to get in a couple lines off Wellington beach before lunch like last year. I know NHTF said good ice south of Mayhew, but am I still ok off Wellington in 3-8 FOW? Hope to see some of the circus folk I met out there last year.
Thanks guys and gals..

So i checked the ice off the beach before the storm. Ice was fine and getting on and off was no problems however since the snow (which i haven't checked the ice after the storm). i would imagine it would be deep snow drifts and perhaps slushy too (certainly after you drill a hole). We got 20+" of snow this past week. The wind will blow all the snow right into the beach area.

Just something to think about.

Looking forward to seeing you at the get together! Should be a hoot!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #518 on: Mar 16, 2017, 01:05 PM »
So i checked the ice off the beach before the storm. Ice was fine and getting on and off was no problems however since the snow (which i haven't checked the ice after the storm). i would imagine it would be deep snow drifts and perhaps slushy too (certainly after you drill a hole). We got 20+" of snow this past week. The wind will blow all the snow right into the beach area.

Just something to think about.

Looking forward to seeing you at the get together! Should be a hoot!
Gotcha. Thanks Jiggin, I thought the drifts may be an issue. I'll find a spot somewhere, even if it's right off the launch in a couple feet of water, unless that's junk too.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #519 on: Mar 16, 2017, 03:06 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks Jiggin, I thought the drifts may be an issue. I'll find a spot somewhere, even if it's right off the launch in a couple feet of water, unless that's junk too.

I plan on doing the same...no matter what it'll be my last trip of the season... time  to spark up the green  house and figure out what Im going to do with the space that came from having to remove 6 trees after this storm..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #520 on: Mar 16, 2017, 04:48 PM »
I'll find a spot somewhere, even if it's right off the launch in a couple feet of water, unless that's junk too.

So....i checked the launch too before the storm. It looked like it caught again and was passable. I did not check it with a chisel but just looked at it from my truck. There was a slight pressure ridge in front of the launch but it would only be a few inches deep water. Going out from the launch and heading to the right, you should be all set....I think. Going Left from the launch was not very good all season but it might be ok now after the couple of weeks of cold however i really don't know so please use caution / chisel.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #521 on: Mar 16, 2017, 05:08 PM »
J, Maybe you can pay CH to give you two lessons on jigging up some lakers ! :)

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #522 on: Mar 17, 2017, 09:24 AM »
Most were caught that day....she's up to 21 for the season so far. All jigged up.

Not sure how that ranks at the Circus, but 21 seems like a heck of as season.  Way to put the house where the fish are, and congrats to her for jigging them up.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #523 on: Mar 17, 2017, 09:52 AM »
J, Maybe you can pay CH to give you two lessons on jigging up some lakers ! :)

I need jigging lessons  :-\

Offline oldspud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #524 on: Mar 18, 2017, 07:50 AM »
Anyone know if there is any fishable ice left on Newfound?

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #525 on: Mar 18, 2017, 10:52 PM »
Yes we had around 12" off wellington bost ramp and ice lookrd good from there to the foot of the lake

Catch A Buzz

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #526 on: Mar 19, 2017, 04:54 AM »
It is certainly fishable... but proceed with caution....  Where I was dropped from 12 down to about 7 as I headed out just north of the launch.

Still good ice, but check as you go... as always.

Offline rockbottom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #527 on: Mar 19, 2017, 07:20 PM »
HI Guys - Attended the outing Saturday for the fourth year in a row.  Great time.  Nice talkin' to Jiggin' and seeing familiar faces, and putting faces to names we hear on the radio.  Keith did a great job on the event as always. FYI, my son Andrew is taking over Hyland33 and I will be Rockbottom.  Time to get the flyrod ready since I wont be there next weekend.  Jiggin keep the videos coming - great job!  Rocky

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #528 on: Mar 19, 2017, 08:32 PM »
3/19/17

What a beautiful day to fish today. CH and i both got skunked but did see lakers all day. We made it out to the North End of Mayhew. Took the wheeler out, got set up and then decided to go back and bring out the sled due to deep snow. It was a little slow going out on the wheeler. Sled was much better.
After some thought while the lakers weren't biting, Decided to bring back out the Log Cabin bobhouse. Went home, shoveled off the trailer, pulled it out and loaded up the bob house. Out in 35fow off the boat launch now. Hoping to get some cusk fishing in during the week.
Thanks Psycho, Laker Taker and Beerhog for pulling it out for me from the launch.

I think Laker Taker ended up with 5 lakers, Psycho 1 and Butterfly 1. Beerhog spent part of his morning cleaning the bottom of the lake of tree branches until he finally decided to bump.

Laker Taker and Beerhog both have their houses out too. We're back.....

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #529 on: Mar 19, 2017, 08:57 PM »

Great to hear the Circus is back in town for a second showing... weather looks like you'll make it until your scheduled closing date too...

Good luck with the cusk and end of season event.

Offline Fishermanx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #530 on: Mar 20, 2017, 12:02 AM »
3/19/17

What a beautiful day to fish today. CH and i both got skunked but did see lakers all day. We made it out to the North End of Mayhew. Took the wheeler out, got set up and then decided to go back and bring out the sled due to deep snow. It was a little slow going out on the wheeler. Sled was much better.
After some thought while the lakers weren't biting, Decided to bring back out the Log Cabin bobhouse. Went home, shoveled off the trailer, pulled it out and loaded up the bob house. Out in 35fow off the boat launch now. Hoping to get some cusk fishing in during the week.
Thanks Psycho, Laker Taker and Beerhog for pulling it out for me from the launch.

I think Laker Taker ended up with 5 lakers, Psycho 1 and Butterfly 1. Beerhog spent part of his morning cleaning the bottom of the lake of tree branches until he finally decided to bump.

Laker Taker and Beerhog both have their houses out too. We're back.....
   I've Ben fish' @ newfound qwite often I haven't seen a sole houses r all on the side
Haven't seen many since the rotory derby.  25/ 30 inchs of ice no fisherman or fisherlady's
🐟🎣❄️.         

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #531 on: Mar 20, 2017, 06:05 AM »
🐟🎣❄️.         

Thanks for the update.

25 /30" of ice.....that's gotta be at the foot of the lake but doubtful that much. No where else on the lake has that much ice from what i can tell. It would be interesting to know if that was taken with a tape measure or by eye balling?

Cummings beach this time of year or after Jan, tends to die down in terms of producing a lot of fish. Maybe rainbows but Lakers seem to slow down in this area. We migrate to different parts of the lake after Jan or as soon as we can.

Everyone pulled their houses off the lake as Mother Nature pulled a fast one on us. Warming up for a few weeks with rain and then hitting us with 2 weeks of cold and super high winds. Its a pain to bring houses back after bringing them home but some of us ended up bringing them back. Round 2 so to speak.
I know of 3 houses on the lake, possibly more by this weekend. Still have a couple weeks left but the last week weather is looking iffy again.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #532 on: Mar 20, 2017, 11:38 AM »
Thanks for the update.

25 /30" of ice.....that's gotta be at the foot of the lake but doubtful that much. No where else on the lake has that much ice from what i can tell. It would be interesting to know if that was taken with a tape measure or by eye balling?

They made the same post on the previous page.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #533 on: Mar 20, 2017, 12:08 PM »
Yeah, I know but was ignoring it actually.

Personally I think he borrowed CH's tape measure......

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #534 on: Mar 20, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Hello, I enjoy reading the many post on your site. It seems to be a great group of folks on Newfound and that is why I have decided to put my house out there next year and enjoy the fun. With that being said I am looking for opinions on what the best underwater camera to buy is (I am looking to get an off season deal). I will hopefully learn a lot more from you all over the off season. Thanks for your reccommendations.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #535 on: Mar 20, 2017, 07:29 PM »
Hello, I enjoy reading the many post on your site. It seems to be a great group of folks on Newfound and that is why I have decided to put my house out there next year and enjoy the fun. With that being said I am looking for opinions on what the best underwater camera to buy is (I am looking to get an off season deal). I will hopefully learn a lot more from you all over the off season. Thanks for your reccommendations.

Welcome and thanks for reading the posts. Appreciate it and any comments / updates.

The best camera unfortunately is not in business any longer and can't get them. It was C-Fish which rotated within the camera housing. For $214.00 included shipping you couldn't go wrong I wish i knew they were going out of business cause i would of bought another.

There are so many great cameras out there. Some things to consider are:

How deep do you plan to fish = how long of a cable you should be looking at
Camera Clarity = The deeper you go, the harder it is to see.
Panning or Not = Panning is nice
Monitor size = bigger the better
Color or no color = Color really doesn't matter but its cool.
Lights = Adjustable lights are nice but i really never use them. At night, i put the camera away however that said i haven't seen lights effect cusk at all.
DVR or no DVR = to record onto SD cards.
Budget = no explanation.
Hardside mount = Where can you comfortably mount or place the monitor / camera and also run cable out of the house easily.
Think about some way to mount the cable in the middle of the hole so when it freezes you can easily chop it out without cutting the cable. I made a PVC pipe similar to a tip up to mount my cable inside so i don't chop it in half.

Some cameras to think about are Marcum. They have very good customer service. They have an cable panner which rotates your camera but it basically twists your cable. Another is Aqua View but personally i don't like the fish shaped camera. It doesn't seem to bother the lakers though nor excite them either. Vexlar makes one too.

During the off season you have plenty of time to wade through them all. Best to start now though while the iron is hot for research.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #536 on: Mar 21, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Great information Jiggin, thank you

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #537 on: Mar 21, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Hey guys,

I've been trolling this site for a couple years and finally I am joining. Lol thinking of fishing newfound tommorow wondering where the hell I can get some shiners in this state right now?!?! Everyone seems to be all out. I'm in the Concord area but will be traveling north tommorow. Any help is appreciated!!!

Matty

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #538 on: Mar 21, 2017, 10:56 AM »
Loudon country store usually has bait.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #539 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Hey guys,

I've been trolling this site for a couple years and finally I am joining. Lol thinking of fishing newfound tommorow wondering where the hell I can get some shiners in this state right now?!?! Everyone seems to be all out. I'm in the Concord area but will be traveling north tommorow. Any help is appreciated!!!

Matty

Matty
I just called Newfound Trading Post ( Newfound Sales) near the lake on 3A in Bristol...he has "small shiners" and is expecting more bait on Thursday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.