Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2017  (Read 93247 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2017
« Reply #330 on: Feb 12, 2017, 03:39 PM »
Jiggin
Did you happen to take a peek at mine in front of Mayhew?
Sounds like a fun day...had to go to a b'day party for my daughter...would rather have gone fishin'   >:(
On another note, I picked up a set of talkies down in the flatlands...all set on 5.5!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #331 on: Feb 12, 2017, 06:59 PM »
Jiggin
Did you happen to take a peek at mine in front of Mayhew?
Sounds like a fun day...had to go to a b'day party for my daughter...would rather have gone fishin'   >:(
On another note, I picked up a set of talkies down in the flatlands...all set on 5.5!

Yes sorry, we swung by and all looked good. Nice job.

Glad to hear you got the talkies. Holler our to us!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #332 on: Feb 12, 2017, 07:08 PM »
You bet!
Thanks for checking!

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #333 on: Feb 12, 2017, 08:30 PM »
Won myself the aluminum shack at the rotary derby awaiting pickup either tomorrow or Tuesday , not sure as to where to put it but I would like to get it out onto newfound before end of season to do some laker jigging , look for the other aluminum orange bobhouse other than mowbizz's! Tight lines everybody
Trout -the real pink meat

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #334 on: Feb 13, 2017, 02:48 AM »
Won myself the aluminum shack at the rotary derby awaiting pickup either tomorrow or Tuesday , not sure as to where to put it but I would like to get it out onto newfound before end of season to do some laker jigging , look for the other aluminum orange bobhouse other than mowbizz's! Tight lines everybody

Congrats on winning the shack... enjoy

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #335 on: Feb 13, 2017, 03:14 AM »

Congratulations Buddy! What a great prize you have won!!
With luck like that, we all might as well beach our own houses as you are undoubtedly, going to clean out the laker population at Newfound now!
Looking forward to seeing you and the new house soon!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #336 on: Feb 13, 2017, 03:55 AM »

That is an awesome prize you have won,it will last a lifetime ! Congratz!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #337 on: Feb 13, 2017, 06:20 AM »
Congratulations Buddy! What a great prize you have won!!
With luck like that, we all might as well beach our own houses as you are undoubtedly, going to clean out the laker population at Newfound now!
Looking forward to seeing you and the new house soon!
I wouldn't worry about me catching to many fish as I can only fish Sunday's and I haven't had to much luck this year up on Stinson, been catching some decent fish but no lakers yet.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #338 on: Feb 13, 2017, 07:52 AM »
Congrats to you man!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #339 on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:12 AM »
Congrats to you man!
Thanks! I'm sure you'll see it around it'll be at my house for a few days before I figure out where I want to put it, nice little setup to compliment my much bigger 7x13 . Never can have enough bobhouses

Offline Kraken

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #340 on: Feb 13, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Me and the family are going to be comming up to the lake for the week next week and its a bummer to hear the derby got cancled but i'm still planning on making it out to fish a coulpe days out of the week. Its been a while and I excited to get back out there.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Feb 13, 2017, 11:35 AM »
Bob! Good to see You posting. Funny to see You here instead of work. Lol

Offline Kraken

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #342 on: Feb 13, 2017, 12:23 PM »
Maybe i'll get to see you on the ice.

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #343 on: Feb 13, 2017, 04:19 PM »
Took a ride around Newfound today after plowing out. Punched out Cummings Beach, but with the wind it will need to be done again. North end of parking lot plugged tight from drifting snow.  Wellington hadn't been touched. Unable to see much due to blowing snow. Hopefully the wind will help settle the snow and make it passable for the wheeler. Hate the thought of having to walk out, but if that's what it takes I'll bite the bullet. After all it is winter in New Hampshire. Plan on fishing Thursday.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #344 on: Feb 13, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Took a ride around Newfound today after plowing out. Punched out Cummings Beach, but with the wind it will need to be done again. North end of parking lot plugged tight from drifting snow.  Wellington hadn't been touched. Unable to see much due to blowing snow. Hopefully the wind will help settle the snow and make it passable for the wheeler. Hate the thought of having to walk out, but if that's what it takes I'll bite the bullet. After all it is winter in New Hampshire. Plan on fishing Thursday.

Dragon, thanks for plowing!
My wife and I did the same today (checked Cummings and Wellington) and they were pretty much a mess.
We are going to try to get out tomorrow and will most likely have the wheeler and a snowmobile if the wheeler fits on the same trailer...never tried it but I think it will.
If you show up and can't ride, if we are there you are welcome to a ride to your shack...I have the Walkie talkie now so if you holler out I'll come pick you up (if you also have a radio)
If you are there before us nothing we can do but wish you luck with the wheeler!
I may have to do some drift blowing at home before heading out but we will be there at some point.
If you don't have a radio, PM me your phone number and I'll do the same.
No reason to hoof it if we're on the lake.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #345 on: Feb 13, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Episode # 7

Watch in HD....

Offline outdoorslife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #346 on: Feb 13, 2017, 07:16 PM »
I love how you can see threw the ice and see the sandy rocky bottom! I wonder hoe much snow will be blown off by friday!

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #347 on: Feb 13, 2017, 07:30 PM »
Another sweet video!
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #348 on: Feb 13, 2017, 07:42 PM »
Episode # 7

Watch in HD....

Great videos, Jiggin! I recognize some of the footage from my trip there last month. I heard your drone fly over my pop up, but I couldn't get out in time to wave! Hoping to get back there again soon.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #349 on: Feb 13, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Episode # 7

Watch in HD....

Jiggin. What day was this taken? Awesome
Salmonemia

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #350 on: Feb 14, 2017, 04:18 AM »
J, Awesome footage and that camera must be top notch for that incredible resolution.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #351 on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Jiggin. What day was this taken? Awesome

End of January.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #352 on: Feb 14, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Went out for early breakfast and a ride to check access at Cummings and Wellington.
I guess no one has plowed the "ice access" pathway and the lot is barely wide enough for a vehicle and a half...Wellington has not been plowed at all yet so we decided to cancel today's outing and wait for better access.
At 67 no way I'm walking anywhere pulling a sled in possible drifts and slush.
Hopefully, someone with a plow will open things up a bit...
I was wondering why the town doesn't keep the lot at Cummings plowed? It would be a 5 minute job for a town truck...

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #353 on: Feb 15, 2017, 04:09 PM »
Boy, the circus is quiet this week?
The weather has got me down, that's for sure but tomorrow, we jig!
Hope to see others out there with cabin fever too!
Can't wait!

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #354 on: Feb 15, 2017, 05:16 PM »
We're all that's left Mow. LOL Was planning on fishing tomorrow, but have to go back to doctor's plus clean-up. Maybe Friday. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #355 on: Feb 15, 2017, 05:25 PM »
We're all that's left Mow. LOL Was planning on fishing tomorrow, but have to go back to doctor's plus clean-up. Maybe Friday. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.

Will do Dragin!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #356 on: Feb 15, 2017, 07:51 PM »
2/15/2017

Laker Taker, Tippin and I took a ride out on the lake checking houses.

Mowbizz, your house is high and dry. You may want to get 4x4" blocks so  you don't have to jack up often. Right now your all set.

Dragin, your house will need to be chipped out a bit on the runners. Not bad but should be chipped out, probably about an 1" or so frozen up your runners. Be careful, the snow drift on your north side is big and the ice behind your door (south side) has a skim coat of ice but water underneath.

Suggest before cutting holes under the houses, block up first then cut holes otherwise you'll probably be doing it standing in water.

ZZ and Outdoorlife, your houses are high and dry. Nice job.

Rest of the houses were posted up on our Newfound Circus FB page.

Don't know if you can view the below but its of the argo cutting through the deep snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jean.doucette.56/videos/599366340268655/

Im high and dry

The boat launch is not plowed out. If it isn't plowed out by Friday, I'll make a pass through with my plow truck. The parking lot as you first come into Wellington on the right is plowed out but the left is not, just packed down.
At the boat launch, once on the lake stay right and don't go left or north, Thin ice.

Conditions on the lake is deep snow. There is water under some spots of the snow. Slush. I think we are all stuck for the moment where we are. Not much you can do to move the houses but maybe go south where your snow drift isn't. We packed a trail down to your house Mowbizz and Dragin but it might still be a tough ride out on Wheelers with more snow happening right now. Personally if i were you, i would park at Wellington rather than Cummings beach. Cummings beach is plowed out but only one end, we'll need either a state plow truck or a front end loader to get that snow banken out.

Now we just wait it out and keep blocking up. High and Dry.

Ps, best to have waterproof boots this weekend. Gonna be wet i think.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #357 on: Feb 15, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Jiggin, looked up "helping your fellow anglers" in Wikipedia...Saw a huge portrait of you!  :clap: 
If you're not a class act, I don't know what is.
Kudos to you.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #358 on: Feb 15, 2017, 11:02 PM »
2/15/2017

Laker Taker, Tippin and I took a ride out on the lake checking houses.

Mowbizz, your house is high and dry. You may want to get 4x4" blocks so  you don't have to jack up often. Right now your all set.

Dragin, your house will need to be chipped out a bit on the runners. Not bad but should be chipped out, probably about an 1" or so frozen up your runners. Be careful, the snow drift on your north side is big and the ice behind your door (south side) has a skim coat of ice but water underneath.

Suggest before cutting holes under the houses, block up first then cut holes otherwise you'll probably be doing it standing in water.

ZZ and Outdoorlife, your houses are high and dry. Nice job.

Rest of the houses were posted up on our Newfound Circus FB page.

Don't know if you can view the below but its of the argo cutting through the deep snow.

https://www.facebook.com/jean.doucette.56/videos/599366340268655/

Im high and dry

The boat launch is not plowed out. If it isn't plowed out by Friday, I'll make a pass through with my plow truck. The parking lot as you first come into Wellington on the right is plowed out but the left is not, just packed down.
At the boat launch, once on the lake stay right and don't go left or north, Thin ice.

Conditions on the lake is deep snow. There is water under some spots of the snow. Slush. I think we are all stuck for the moment where we are. Not much you can do to move the houses but maybe go south where your snow drift isn't. We packed a trail down to your house Mowbizz and Dragin but it might still be a tough ride out on Wheelers with more snow happening right now. Personally if i were you, i would park at Wellington rather than Cummings beach. Cummings beach is plowed out but only one end, we'll need either a state plow truck or a front end loader to get that snow banken out.

Now we just wait it out and keep blocking up. High and Dry.

Ps, best to have waterproof boots this weekend. Gonna be wet i think.

Jiggin, Thank you for this! I'll bring out some 4x4 blocks. 
As Coffin Dodger said, You guys are the best!
I'll be out on Thursday after cleaning up this latest snow...

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #359 on: Feb 15, 2017, 11:03 PM »
Jiggin, looked up "helping your fellow anglers" in Wikipedia...Saw a huge portrait of you!  :clap: 
If you're not a class act, I don't know what is.
Kudos to you.
I've been reading this thread for awhile and I couldn't agree more. It is outstanding to see such comradery out on a little village on a frozen lake. It's super cool! I've never fished that lake but it's on the list for sure.
Every fish is a good fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.