Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2017  (Read 93240 times)

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2017
« Reply #300 on: Feb 09, 2017, 12:28 PM »
 Can't believe they have cancelled the AFD derby ! Winni has a lot more thin ice and they are still on. The AFD is two weeks away. Seems a bit premature! Anyone know of any other derbies that weekend?

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #301 on: Feb 09, 2017, 02:03 PM »
What you have to realize is that the Rotary Derby is state wide, were as AVFD is just Newfound. The north end of the lake is questionable at best :'(

Offline Cherwnvega

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #302 on: Feb 09, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Well that sucks about the derby ....the north end is sketchy but it's been cold the past few days and the weeeknd
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day"

Offline Scott3984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #303 on: Feb 10, 2017, 03:29 AM »
How much ice is out there?

Offline Rackbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #304 on: Feb 10, 2017, 04:41 AM »
Can't believe they have cancelled the AFD derby ! Winni has a lot more thin ice and they are still on. The AFD is two weeks away. Seems a bit premature! Anyone know of any other derbies that weekend?

I believe the Webster lake derby is February 18

https://m.facebook.com/websterlakefishingderby/

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #305 on: Feb 10, 2017, 05:16 AM »
Any word on the access at Cummings and snowdrifts on the lake. Want to hit the ice after snow clean up this morning

Offline outdoorslife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #306 on: Feb 10, 2017, 08:21 AM »
Snow drifts arent to bad. My wheeler in 2 wheel drive is making it fine. Last night there was alot of snow on the parking lot but ill plow it alittle to make it down the hill.

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #307 on: Feb 10, 2017, 08:37 AM »

Two years in a row!
Marking anything?

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #308 on: Feb 10, 2017, 08:39 AM »

There are at least 4 other derbies going on Feb. 25th:

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/fishing/tournaments-ice.html
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #309 on: Feb 10, 2017, 12:06 PM »
Went out by the boat ramp today. Lots of half frozen slush on top. Headed north towards the peninsula and had a decent amount of ice by shore. Went out a ways and only had a couple inches. Caught this guy on a tilt near shore.
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #310 on: Feb 10, 2017, 12:08 PM »

Pretty Fish - congrats!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #311 on: Feb 10, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Good Looking Rainbow. Congrats

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #312 on: Feb 10, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Pretty bow! Nice going!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #313 on: Feb 10, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Nice job, doesnt look like much snow. Did you get to the end of or near end of peninsula?
Salmonemia

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #314 on: Feb 10, 2017, 01:16 PM »
All the snow must have blown away. The stuff that is there is slushy when you step on it. We only went like halfway to the peninsula but you could probably go further if you stayed by shore. We went out from shore probably 50-60ft and it was sketchy. Ended up packing up the pop up and sticking by shore. Some other people came out and stayed right to the left of the boat ramp but then took off, they must have thought it was too thin.
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline outdoorslife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #315 on: Feb 10, 2017, 02:37 PM »
My pops and i plowed out cummings beach parking and the the hill to get down.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #316 on: Feb 10, 2017, 02:39 PM »

Thank you Chris and "pops"
We appreciate it!

Offline chasingflags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #317 on: Feb 10, 2017, 02:50 PM »

Were you the one plowing as a grey tacoma was trying to get unstuck?  If so thank you very much.
gbp on myfishfinder

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #318 on: Feb 10, 2017, 03:06 PM »

Nice work ZZ and ODL! Thank you.

Be safe out there.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #319 on: Feb 10, 2017, 03:07 PM »
Went out by the boat ramp today. Lots of half frozen slush on top. Headed north towards the peninsula and had a decent amount of ice by shore. Went out a ways and only had a couple inches. Caught this guy on a tilt near shore.

Nice looking Newfound Bow! Congrats, thats a beauty.

Hopefully no one drilled any holes too close to the launch.

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #320 on: Feb 10, 2017, 04:00 PM »
Nice looking Newfound Bow! Congrats, thats a beauty.

Hopefully no one drilled any holes too close to the launch.

A couple people came out while we were out, one had a chipper and the other a shovel. It looked like they were just checking the ice and then they took off.
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #321 on: Feb 10, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Chris and Pops, thanks for plowing. Couldn't get to it today

Offline Toadie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #322 on: Feb 11, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Well I pissed about the AVFD being cancelled , but now I know why. One drowning at Alton bay and one missing at Ctr Harbor. No need for this. People hear DERBY and assume ice is safe. Just trying to have fun. This sucks!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #323 on: Feb 11, 2017, 06:23 PM »
Well I pissed about the AVFD being cancelled , but now I know why. One drowning at Alton bay and one missing at Ctr Harbor. No need for this. People hear DERBY and assume ice is safe. Just trying to have fun. This sucks!

Casts a dark cloud over things, that's for sure...too bad that in seconds a life is lost.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #324 on: Feb 11, 2017, 07:58 PM »
2/11/2017

Was sick yesterday but mustard enough gumption to get my arse out there this morning. The season is only so long. Snowed most of the day today but very low winds. Very scenic today.

Was not looking forward to cutting holes under the house due to flooding but was ready to bump the house over if need be. Wasn't too bad and by the end of the day the water around the house was about 3" deep. Jacked it up and put additional blocks under the house, high and dry now. It was cold enough so the water that did come up would freeze, so there was a layer of ice and water underneath then ice beneath that. At the end of the day I went around the house and made sure to break it up and pack down the top layer of ice so that the water under that layer would come up and freeze over night.

Everyone seemed to have a pretty good day today.
Right off the bat i got my lines down and missed one. Totally caught me off guard. That one would of caught me up to CH.
CH and I got doubles today (that was a first), 3 came in and 2 came up. Third one was swimming around looking around for his buddies.
I ended up with 2 Lakers for today and CH ended the day with 5 lakers. This puts me 4 behind her.  ???
Psycho struggled but got a few including one that pooped in his beer (he found out later why his beer tasted like sh!t) and another that wrecked his breakfast knocking it all on the floor, Tippin matched his PB best with 7 or 8 and Laker Taker finished the day with 12 or 13 lakers. Last i knew he was still out there chasing cusk. I believe Dragin, ZZ, Outdoor life, Asha and others got into em today as well.

Tomorrow brings more snow and lots of it. See what that brings.

Our doubles from today...

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #325 on: Feb 11, 2017, 08:33 PM »
 Jiggin, what is it that makes the water come up?
Is it the weight of snow pushing the ice down?
Haven't been out since the day of the first storm this past week but only went out to check things out anyway.
Too much damned snow removal lately is keeping me away...hope to get out after this next blast of winter weather.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #326 on: Feb 11, 2017, 08:42 PM »
Jiggin, what is it that makes the water come up?
Is it the weight of snow pushing the ice down?

Yes it is the weight of the snow, house, wheeler etc etc....but yes the snow. It pushes down the ice causing the water to come up. The snow "wicks" the water so the cold air can't get to it to freeze it up. Then you have slush. You need to get the water to the cold air so it freezes but usually what happens is the water gets a top layer of ice but the water underneath doesn't freeze so you break through.

With the amount of snow i hear we are getting tomorrow, i'll either bump my house off the holes at the end of the day or make sure it's jacked up and pack it down around the house. If i was smart, i wouldn't fish tomorrow and let it all freeze up tonight...but I'm not smart.

I can stop by and check your house tomorrow.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #327 on: Feb 11, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Yes it is the weight of the snow, house, wheeler etc etc....but yes the snow. It pushes down the ice causing the water to come up. The snow "wicks" the water so the cold air can't get to it to freeze it up. Then you have slush. You need to get the water to the cold air so it freezes but usually what happens is the water gets a top layer of ice but the water underneath doesn't freeze so you break through.

With the amount of snow i hear we are getting tomorrow, i'll either bump my house off the holes at the end of the day or make sure it's jacked up and pack it down around the house. If i was smart, i wouldn't fish tomorrow and let it all freeze up tonight...but I'm not smart.

I can stop by and check your house tomorrow.

Thank you Jiggin...appreciate it!

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #328 on: Feb 12, 2017, 05:56 AM »
Made it out to the house yesterday. Snow drifts slowed me down a little. Hopefully we'll get some wind after the storm to help clear the way some. Spent the first 2 hours jacking up the house and getting set up. Fish were in the camera most of the day. Iced two and rolled several. Think I need to increase hook size. All fish hitting a chrome Kast Master with cut bait. Back out after the storm. Make sure you stay ahead of the settling ice and jack the house. No fun chiseling them out.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #329 on: Feb 12, 2017, 03:04 PM »
2/12/2017

Wow another fun day. I got 2 lakers and CH tied me for the day. She also lost 4, got em started but didn't quite get a good hook set in. She was struggling a bit today. I had control of the board for a little bit until Laker Taker kicked in. i think he ended the day with 4 or 5? Saw lakers non stop but they were being finicky.

Ladybug got her second one for the season jigging again in her new house. They showed me her secret bait, While we were there we did see a really nice one on the camera, they are in a good spot.

Snowed was coming down starting around 11 am today. We made sure we were high and dry, strapped down good before leaving getting ready for the high winds tomorrow. Total white out coming back to the launch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.