Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2017  (Read 93131 times)

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2017
« Reply #540 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:05 AM »
Just called them, all out. It's a crap shoot so far! Lol

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #541 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Awesome thanks guys. How's the ice holding up around wellington?!? Still doing ok?!?

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #542 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Stop in at AJ's in Meredith....That's where i go when i need bait.

I also trap my own bait due to times like these.

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #543 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:22 AM »
Jigging,

Aj's is usually my go to guy but he is out of bait until late Friday!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #544 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:40 AM »
Thanks MattyD. Good to know but surprised too.

Offline ihunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #545 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:54 AM »
Have you tried WH sports in Concord off clinton st?
Wayne Hall  225-5355

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #546 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Yeah he is right up the street from me, he was all done with bait last weekend

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #547 on: Mar 21, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Just a heads up, the Barnstore in Salisbury is all done as well.

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #548 on: Mar 22, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Wow what a windy day today on newfound, never have I had my 37 pound ice auger blow across a lake. Lol

Wellington is locked up pretty good now but it sure does get thinner the farther north u go. I'll be back Friday to try my luck again!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #549 on: Mar 23, 2017, 04:31 AM »
Wow what a windy day today on newfound, never have I had my 37 pound ice auger blow across a lake. Lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #550 on: Mar 23, 2017, 02:31 PM »
Episode 13

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #551 on: Mar 23, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Hey any of you guys have any luck out off the wellington beach area on the other side of the point from the launch?? Just wondering, I've never fished through the ice over there and usually don't see people over there. I know that it drops off pretty quickly

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #552 on: Mar 23, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Hey any of you guys have any luck out off the wellington beach area on the other side of the point from the launch?? Just wondering, I've never fished through the ice over there and usually don't see people over there. I know that it drops off pretty quickly

When i was younger I used to fish there with my godsons. We used to fish in 17 fow before underwater cameras. Can see crystal clear if you darken your house. Caught lakers and cusk out there.
Some pretty good stories growing up on that side ice fishing....but thats for another time. Funny memories.

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #553 on: Mar 23, 2017, 06:26 PM »
Episode 13

Love the double down on the Alice In Chains. Thanks for all the shots this year Jiggin
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #554 on: Mar 25, 2017, 06:32 PM »
3/25/17

Today we held our Newfound Circus Get Together. All week we kept watching the weather and last count today was suppose to be the best day of the weekend. Turned out it was and not related to the weather. We had a lot of laughs today. A ton of food cooked on our new grill starting off with Breakfast through Lunch / Dinner.

Lush caught 2 lakers right off the bat this morning and CH soon followed owning the board with the longest laker. Lush then caught one bigger than her ruling the board until Scruffy caught one longer. Scruffy ended the day with the longest laker of the day. Lush ended the day with the most, 5 lakers for the day.

Mimi, Jake, DaJu, Frog, Psycho and Polar Bear all hooked up as well. Seemed just about everyone did except Laker Taker and I, we were shut down today :)

Great day and a season closer for most of us. I still have my house out there with Laker Taker and Beerhog. CH and I have next week off so we'll close out the season next week bouncing around the lake using the house as a portable. More to come.....and plenty of video footage from today.

Thanks to all the Circus members, Today was one of the best days i had on Newfound this season and i hardly fished. I ate way too much and Laughed even more.

Cheers.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #555 on: Mar 25, 2017, 07:11 PM »
Sounds like fun! Nothing better than beer, fish,and friends  :tipup:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #556 on: Mar 26, 2017, 07:57 PM »
3/26/17

Took me a while to hook up with Gumption this morning. Got to the lake a bit late today for some reason :) and Gumption and I decided to bounce the house. Moved south to 28 fow. Caught a cusk around 11:30 am 21". Saw it on the camera but visability wasn't too good. Beautiful morning out weather wise. Thinking this mornings weather would of been great yesterday but in the afternoon it clouded over and started to get cold. Cooked up some bratwurst for lunch on the grill. Had a laker coming around all day but didn't want anything offered. Got tired of watching that same laker so decided time to move. Bounced to the other side of the lake, over to the Condos on Whittemore. Dropped off the house and hitting that tomorrow morning.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #557 on: Mar 26, 2017, 09:04 PM »
Way to keep on keepin' on  Jiggin!
Sounds like you'll have a great last week of your 2017 season and it also sounds like conditions really came together for it to happen!
Typing this as I am on my back with my 10 day old foot surgery looking forward to better days.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #558 on: Mar 27, 2017, 07:30 PM »
3/27/17

CH and i went back out today. Raining but not cold around 34f out. Boat launch side doesn't have too much slush however over by the condos has about 5" of slush by the end of the day. Still 14" of ice measured with a tape measure.

CH caught 3 losing one that got hung up under the ice. I got one when she wasn't paying attention probably texting Butterfly. A laker came flying in, right up to her jig (she never saw it). I high jerked my jig, it came right over and up it came. I was ok with that. :)

No one on the lake as far as we could tell. It was nice and quiet. CH cooked eggs and bacon for Breakfast. I cooked Chicken and Cusk on the grill for lunch / diner. Afternoon the rain stopped.

Left the house there, gonna fish that area again tomorrow and then bounce to another spot on the lake for fishing on Weds. Trying to load some pics but photobucket SUXS!!!

More later.....

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #559 on: Mar 28, 2017, 04:53 AM »
I'll be out there somewhere tommorow as well with the wife. Just look for the big blue clam shack 👌 ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #560 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:06 PM »
3/28/17

Tough going this morning with all the slush. Slow day of fishing, saw 4 on the camera at one time, they seemed aggressive but turned out they were just messing with us.
Around 1:30 pm decided to bounce the house back across the lake. Was going to go into Pikes cove but decided not to due to slush. It generally gets packed in there when it snows and the wind is blowing.
Decided to hit the fingers in 50fow. 14" of ice. After moving the house i brought CH back to shore so she could get some chores done at home. Not thinking, i loaded the fish finder and underwater camera in her car. Got back to the house and drilled 2 holes and started fishing "blind". Nothing with the Kastmaster and cut bait so decided to put down a #9 Pimple with cut bait. Bounce that all over the bottom. Put a piece of chum on the Motorvator.
After 20 mins of jigging, i got a hit but missed it. Then hit again, this time brought it up. Soon after the Motorvator went off and screamed lined. Unfortunately i dubbed that one and lost it.

Left the lake around 5 pm. On the way back checked where my house was off the boat launch prior to moving to the condos. Checked out my holes and only 8" of ice there. Will stay at the fingers until Friday i think then pull off.

But....back at it tomorrow.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #561 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Glad to see you still at it Jiggin...I'm surprised the boat launch has held up so well this late.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #562 on: Mar 29, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Yes holding up so far. No traffic. Got 2 so far today and lost 3 on the motorvator due to pre-jerk-ulation watching them take the chum instead of letting them run w it. :( Got too excited I guess. I'm still 3 less than CH for the season, trying to catch up.
Breezy today. Might pull back to the launch at the end of today. Snow storm coming Friday. Heard heavy wet.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #563 on: Mar 29, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Yes holding up so far. No traffic. Got 2 so far today and lost 3 on the motorvator due to pre-jerk-ulation watching them take the chum instead of letting them run w it. :( Got too excited I guess. I'm still 3 less than CH for the season, trying to catch up.
Breezy today. Might pull back to the launch at the end of today. Snow storm coming Friday. Heard heavy wet.

Way to hang in there Jiggin. Thank CH again for the jawjacker fished with it 3 times no jacketing yet but I will be giving it a try tomorrow. Good idea moving the house to the launch sucks with that storm coming.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #564 on: Mar 29, 2017, 04:26 PM »

How heavy you figure your log cabin is Jiggin?
I was wondering how you get it on a trailer from bare ground...some kind of winch?

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #565 on: Mar 29, 2017, 04:29 PM »
I love still seeing reports of people fishing. Way to keep after it.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #566 on: Mar 29, 2017, 09:12 PM »
3/29/17

Decided after much thinking....to bring the bob house home. Was gonna push it for another day but with the snow storm coming, decided best to get out, put the bob house away for the season and get ready for the storm.

Laker Taker and Beerhog took theirs off too.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #567 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:17 AM »
A couple from Yesterday...finally got photo bucket to work....

This one put me 3 behind CH for the season....

Panorama shot from one end of the house to the other

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #568 on: Mar 30, 2017, 09:37 AM »
That last shot looks like a lonely...lonely place...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #569 on: Mar 30, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Episode 14

Watching Lakers all Day.....could think of worse things to do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.