The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: underwater cameras  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: underwater cameras
« Reply #30 on: Dec 24, 2020, 08:13 PM »
Well I took out the 9''Eyoyo out and think that it's got a better picture than my old Pancam. It's got a adjustment knob for the light but can't shut it off but does have its own plug connection that if unplugged gets rid of the light. Even in bright clear water the light screws up the picture. I have only tried it for a few minutes but found that if I go straight down its got a pretty good picture. I could see about 8 feet and it got clearer as it got closer to the bottom but the sight picture gets smaller as it gets lower. If I keep it horizontal I can only see a few feet So next time I'm going to aim it downhill to about 7-8 o'clock so I can get more structure in the picture. We'll see how that works out.

Ken..........

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 23, 2022, 09:57 AM »
 Adding to an old post. I have been using the 9'' eyoyo for two years now and it's still working. I got a Marcum panner for it so I can sit in my chair and turn the camera back and forth to see the jigs. I fish two holes about 7 feet apart with the camera in the middle amnd usually can see pretty good. The only problem that I have with the Eyoyo is the battery  only lasts about 5 hrs so I got an extra from the company and will switch it out next time. Also the dvr records to a micro sd card but when I try to watch it on the tv or computer it says that it's not formatted right so I'm lost on that problem.

Ken.............

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Dec 23, 2022, 10:30 AM »
Adding to an old post. I have been using the 9'' eyoyo for two years now and it's still working. I got a Marcum panner for it so I can sit in my chair and turn the camera back and forth to see the jigs. I fish two holes about 7 feet apart with the camera in the middle amnd usually can see pretty good. The only problem that I have with the Eyoyo is the battery  only lasts about 5 hrs so I got an extra from the company and will switch it out next time. Also the dvr records to a micro sd card but when I try to watch it on the tv or computer it says that it's not formatted right so I'm lost on that problem.

Ken.............

SD cards have to be formatted ..if you can contact with Eyoyo they may have some tips or an actual video to help you out

This video is the basic way..if you knw what format that Eyoyo uses

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Jim F

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2023, 10:00 AM »
Get bit!

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2023, 10:29 AM »
I just sent back the 7" Eyoyo camera. I used it in super clear water (could see bottom in 18FOW on a sunny day) and I could tell I was looking at my bait from about 2 feet away but otherwise it was completely blurry. The very cold really messed with the screen pixels. I guess I got what I paid for.

Offline pmmpete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2023, 08:07 PM »
I've been real happy with my Marcum Pursuit HDL.  For examples of underwater video footage I took with it, see the following YouTube videos:

Offline detoff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2023, 10:13 PM »
I bought a marcum last season and have used it on a few different lakes now.  I'd echo everything listed above about visibility and usefulness.  One thing I'd add though is to make sure the one you buy has a camera direction indicator on the screen.  It makes it so much easier to find your hooks to watch, or to know which direction the structure or weedlines might be. 

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2023, 10:52 PM »
I've been real happy with my Marcum Pursuit HDL.  For examples of underwater video footage I took with it, see the following YouTube videos:

Nice footage, man those kokes are finicky eh. Was that just a treble with red sleeve and bait? We always fish them with a dodger or attractor…but that might be something new to try.

Offline West593

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2023, 10:32 PM »
Has anyone had any good luck with the cheap Amazon cameras

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.