Author Topic: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!  (Read 116651 times)

Offline duckslayer56

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #270 on: Jan 10, 2013, 10:18 PM »
I am fishing in the valley mostly, but willing to drive pretty much anywhere for a big laker.

Offline Stanbiker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #271 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:37 PM »
Hi, I'm Stan

I've lived here for about 7 years and fish a lot in the summer, but today is the first time I've ever been ice fishing. Looks like I'm going to continue! I bought a couple of poles and a shelter. Need to start looking at augurs, and trying to figure out what to buy for tackle. I will probably fish in the valley most of the time, but the friends who took us out today want to go try Summit and Hidden next.

Offline Fishcatcher907

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #272 on: Feb 10, 2013, 05:27 AM »
Hello everyone I'm Kris.
I was born in Minnesota, but raised in Oregon. 
One would think ice fishing is in my blood, it probably is. I really enjoy it, but I can't catch a pike to save my life!  I must say it really bothers me too! 
I moved up here the first week of January and have only fished for pike for three days. I know I can't expect to be successful every time, but you'd think I'd get something!  I use to be a steelhead fisherman and now I'm trying to fill the void!  I guess that's why it's fishing and not catching! Lol. I'll get it figured out sooner or later.
If you see a gray Toyota with a U of O sticker on the canopy stop by and introduce yourself.

Cheers, Kris
Cheers, Kris

Offline cweg94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #273 on: Mar 01, 2013, 01:57 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Cody. I'm from Petersburg in southeast. Right now i'm going taking the industrial electricity course at AVTEC in Seward right now. This is my first year ice fishing seeing as how there isn't much opportunity back home. Been trying around town at grouse lake but haven't had any luck. Hoping I can catch something by the end of the season

Offline wesak81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #274 on: Mar 12, 2013, 03:37 AM »
Hey i am Wesley St.amand,   i am currently living in Anchorage moved from Glennallen,  getting used to fishing in this part of the state, i am 31 years old,  i am always looking for people to fish with and learning,   i just recently, purchased a few ice ugly sticks to fish with and buddy heater, a eskimo flat fish 3 shelter,  hummingbird ice 45 learning on how to use it,  and a 10 inch power auger,  i been mainly fishing a few small lakes in palmer and wasilla,  you will see my posts on here on suggestions, hope u guys dont mind me,   i have fished lake louise quite a bit if u want info how to catch lakers and burbot on that lake , just message me! 

good luck all of u   thanks ;D
NOTHING IS BETTER THEN BEING ON THE WATER

Offline CSilook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #275 on: Apr 09, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Hello all, my name is Curtis. I've lived in Alaska almost all my life. I'm not new to ice fishing, although I'm new to ice fishing in this part of the state. I grew up fishing the Bering Sea and surrounding lagoons when the ice did form. Most of the places I've fished so far with my family are the stocked lakes in the Valley, and Hidden Lake.

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2013, 03:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name's Geoff, I'm from Whitehorse, YT, (hopefully there's no rules against saying 'eh' in the alaska forum..).

I've been poring-over old posts in the Alaska forum for tips on river fishing for burbot.  I've had great success set-lining in lakes, and I'd love to find em and learn to catch em in the Yukon and Takhini rivers near Whitehorse.

Anyone who's thinking of some cross-border fishing, fire me a PM!

Gorf

Offline redneckalaskan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #277 on: Oct 16, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Hi everyone lived her my whole life, and just love to get out on the ice live in the eagle river area. cant wait for the lakes to freeze

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #278 on: Oct 18, 2013, 01:20 PM »
I've been here a month now, stationed on Jber, ready for ice!

Offline justicemedic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #279 on: Oct 27, 2013, 06:11 PM »
Hello everyone, Moved up to Alaska in 2009 from Indiana. I do alot of Pike Fishing in the Susitna Valley. Really want to get into spearing this winter.  Bring on the hardwater.

Offline DannerAK

• IceShanty Rookie
Yooper in AK
« Reply #280 on: Nov 14, 2013, 12:47 PM »
Hey all. I fish a lot. Have been reading stuff on here for a while now and decided today that I should probably join and maybe contribute a little bit. I'll try not to be too sarcastic most of the time.  I grew up fishing hardwater in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan targeting walleye primarily. Been in AK since 2003 and fished the interior for a number of years before relocating to Palmer. Ain't life grand? Cheers and see ya's on da ice!

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #281 on: Nov 14, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Welcome to Ice Shanty and welcome to the Valley.  Just need the freezing rain to stop and we can get some good ice to form and FISH !!! Bad start to the winter season hope we are not dealing with overflow all season. :tipup:

Offline DannerAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #282 on: Nov 14, 2013, 01:31 PM »
Welcome to Ice Shanty and welcome to the Valley.  Just need the freezing rain to stop and we can get some good ice to form and FISH !!! Bad start to the winter season hope we are not dealing with overflow all season. :tipup:
Thanks Russ!
I've been in Palmer for almost 3 years and last winter got back into icefishing after a couple years hiatus. Good fun and my little boy sure enjoys it!

Offline Hiteshow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #283 on: Nov 30, 2013, 11:52 PM »
Been a wallflower  the past year. Time to chime in I suppose, lifelong Alaskan living in the valley.

Offline marty424

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Alaskan Pike Assassin
« Reply #284 on: Dec 10, 2013, 11:22 PM »
I just started ice fishing for Pike last winter, I'm a lifelong Alaskan and have never done that much ice fishing until last year. I live in Anchorage so most of my pike fishing is in the valley, I'm going to try to do some fishing for lake trout, rainbows and grayling this winter. Has anyone ever fished Byers lake it's the one by the veterans memorial not sure if I spelled it right LOL, I was wondering how the fishing was there. Also has anyone done any fishing for grayling that's not a days drive.

Offline Mochag

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #285 on: Dec 13, 2013, 07:25 PM »
Hey I am a life long Alaskan and am currently a new member to Ice Shanty.  This sight is pretty cool however hard to understand how to negotiate through the process.  I want to join in on the 2014 tourney.  I am not sure I got signed up right.  Any suggestions?

Offline Lunker Layne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #286 on: Dec 15, 2013, 01:50 AM »
hi my names Layne i was born and raised in Alaska i have ice fished since i was a kid I'm 27 grew up in Nikiski still Thar thought i would try some of thees tournamt for our area thank you for allowing me to join team Alaska  :)

Offline esaauten

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #287 on: Dec 27, 2013, 01:07 PM »
My name is Esa and I just moved to Palmer with my family.  I have three daughters of who 2 love to fish only if they are biting),  we are heading to finger lake today as I here to bite is on.  I grew up ice fishing in North Idaho to it has always been a family tradition along with a way to get outside in the winter.  I like long walks on the beach, books and cuddling.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #288 on: Dec 28, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Hey I am a life long Alaskan and am currently a new member to Ice Shanty.  This sight is pretty cool however hard to understand how to negotiate through the process.  I want to join in on the 2014 tourney.  I am not sure I got signed up right.  Any suggestions?

Click on this link then follow the directions.It is very easy to do.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=261764.0
Once you are signed up check back in after January 1st. You will then be able to print off your Derby card. Be sure and follow the derby rules for pictures etc.
All of this can be found by clicking on Community in the gray bar above your avatar when you log in. Then click on the 2014 team iceshanty tourney.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline captainwill_ghost

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #289 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:53 PM »
hello!
long time alaskan from Ninilchik, recently started going to avtec in seward. hope to see ya out there!

Offline Alaska_rook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #290 on: Jan 09, 2014, 02:10 PM »
My name is Dan, my wife and I just moved up here last month. I'm stationed at Eielson and looking to ice fish in the winter and do fishing and hunting when the weather is better. Looking forward to trying out ice fishing.

Offline Kingsalmon52

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #291 on: Jan 22, 2014, 12:50 AM »
I just joined.  I been in Alaska since 2000.  I am originally from the Great Lakes area northern Indiana.  I love to fish, fish, fish, and fish some more. I am glad to be apart of the team and I look foraward to reading and learning from others and I hope to share some of my experience.

Thank you,

Offline roth1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #292 on: Feb 16, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Hello all,
Grew up in Minnesota ice fishing all winter with my dad when I was young and then whenever I could once I was driving.  Joined the Air Force and didn't get to do it after that, until now.  Finally made it to Alaska (in 2009) and getting back into ice fishing.  A lot different up here and was surprised that not many people out there and no permanent house out on the lakes like MN.  Anyway, just found this site last night and always looking for tips, advice, good lakes etc.  Thanks,
Troy

Offline East Shore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #293 on: Mar 25, 2014, 09:11 AM »
Just wondering if these Tip-Ups were legal to use in Alaska? http://www.eastshoreoutdoors.com/the-ice-heave.html

Offline Hooner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #294 on: Mar 29, 2014, 10:55 PM »
Hi Everyone!!  Lifelong Alaskan and can't get enough hunting and fishing in the Big AK. Been checking out the boards here for a while figured it was time to say hi and share anything I have learned in my 38 years here. Hope to see some of you out there on the ice and Good Luck to everyone.

Offline kcantu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #295 on: Nov 02, 2014, 09:10 PM »
Hello Anglers!,

I'm somewhat new to Alaska, (moved away 10 years ago). Now that I'm back, I want to get on the hardwater. Been cutting holes down in Wyoming for the last few years and am hooked! I'm looking to catch Rainbows, Macs, and Northerns. I live in Palmer and am looking for a few good spots to check out near by. Anybody got an suggestions? Any advise is really appreciated.

Happy fishin' fellers.

Offline rbodo1969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #296 on: Nov 05, 2014, 11:52 PM »
hi all.I moved to Alaska from Michigan in January lived in big lake for a few months now I live in Seward. got to get a few trips out on the ice up in the valley loon lake and bear paw in Houston and did the finger lake tournament got my first Dolly there and caught a lot of nice rainbows on loon lake six twenty inchers and quite a few sixteen to nineteenth inchers. really stoked to try some of these Kean peninsula lakes. so if anybody has some suggestions on were to go would greatly be appreciated.
Robert

Offline rbodo1969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #297 on: Nov 06, 2014, 12:18 AM »
Hello Anglers!,

I'm somewhat new to Alaska, (moved away 10 years ago). Now that I'm back, I want to get on the hardwater. Been cutting holes down in Wyoming for the last few years and am hooked! I'm looking to catch Rainbows, Macs, and Northerns. I live in Palmer and am looking for a few good spots to check out near by. Anybody got an suggestions? Any advise is really appreciated.

Happy fishin' fellers.
I lived in big lake last winter and did some ice fishing out that way lot of good lakes around you I did OK on finger lake caught some nice trout on loon lack out in Houston and big lake is supposed to be good.I bought a matsu susitna fishing map at sportsmans warhorse in Willa and it was really helpful a lot of lake's in the valley.so I would say just get out there and check them all out if you can find that map start with the lakes that they have hi lighted that's what I did and it worked out pretty good
Robert

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #298 on: Nov 09, 2014, 09:56 PM »
hi all.I moved to Alaska from Michigan in January lived in big lake for a few months now I live in Seward. got to get a few trips out on the ice up in the valley loon lake and bear paw in Houston and did the finger lake tournament got my first Dolly there and caught a lot of nice rainbows on loon lake six twenty inchers and quite a few sixteen to nineteenth inchers. really stoked to try some of these Kean peninsula lakes. so if anybody has some suggestions on were to go would greatly be appreciated.

Check the ADF&G stocking info pages. They have lake maps and directions as well as the stocking data on what species and how many they put in.
Another good one is the book the highway angler ice fishing Alaska by Gunnar Pedersen. I really only use it to find the public access to the lakes in my area but it is good for that as many lakes have acccesses that are hard to find.
It is nice as he has a lot of the road system lakes listed with species available and directions to the public access.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Kenaijim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #299 on: Dec 18, 2014, 12:17 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is kenaijim and I am an ice fishing fool. I have lived in south central AK for most of my life. This is the first forum I have been involved with. I fish everyday I can,all over over south central. I have been a fishing guide for 21 years on the Kenai river,Big Lake, and the lake Louise drainage.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.