Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615582 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16260 on: Jul 06, 2019, 11:06 AM »
Good morning again :bow:

I collected the camera cards and picked out a couple to share. I hung a different camera so I would have a new angle, it paid off well.

45 hope all went or goes well Sir!

TT I hear you on the phone BS. I pretty well keep up on what the family is all doing, especially around Holiday's. My sister and brothers have a hard time communicating with each other and at times I pull my hair out. This was the week my brother makes his pilgrimage from Green bay WI to Minnesota for a few days. He has been up since Tuesday visiting his daughters and high school friends. Today he comes here for a visit and tomorrow will go to my sisters for a party then head for home around 2pm.

I have had them both call me no less than 3 times each wondering what the other is doing.  My sister wants to know when my brother is coming up, where he is all visiting, when he will be coming to her house. My brother has called wondering if I had talked to my sister, because he doesn't know when he is supposed to go there, and doesn't want to bother her if she has plans. I tell them both TO CALL EACH OTHER!!! I also have my oldest brother who calls to ask about the other two ???

Here are the best of today's videos. I have seen some more chicks but so far they have been eluding the cameras Lol

IFF this is for you :roflmao: Not sure what the total number is yet.............

Enjoy the day everyone :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16261 on: Jul 06, 2019, 04:28 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Started out very humid this morning. It rained here a little while ago and still humid. Had my infusion this morning. Hoping it kicks in soon. My poor wife had to bring me for the infusion and then brought me home. Then she had to go back to the hospital to work.

Tom Turkey, It’s to bad the police didn’t want to listen to you. Hopefully the humidity breaks there.

Whopper Stopper, Happy Birthday to your brother. Thank you for sharing that information about wake boards. Thank you for sharing the videos of the turkeys and raccoons.

WallyWorld, I hope you had a good day. Hopefully you have good weather for your trip.

Ice Wanderer, Are you enjoying the peace and quiet.

I hope everyone had a good day and stayed cool and hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16262 on: Jul 06, 2019, 08:00 PM »
Hello all. Today the temps were a lot more tolerable as was the humidity. Had my daughters family here over the forth holiday from NH. Took the grandson and son in law fishing and we got a good bluegill dinner out of it. Not as tasty as hard water gills, but still awesome. Had to take down the bird feeders again this year as a very big sow with three cubs had their way with it. Now they are spending time around a food truck down the road. Imagine that...…..EH! Hope everyone had a great forth. The end of this month is the big canoe race/marathon. Brings in a lot of people from all over the country. After that I start thinking about more hard water fishing as it will be here faster than you can imagine it. Here's hoping ya'll have a great remaining summer.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16263 on: Jul 07, 2019, 05:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Much more pleasant weather conditions today than yesterday. 62* with a nice light breeze, high of 79 today. Humidity and dew points are way down... :thumbsup: 

Marv...Thank You for sharing those pictures I sent, no need for any apologies here Sir, very much appreciated!  :thumbsup:   Hope you had a wonderful time spent with your brother yesterday, Happy 70th Birthday wishes sent to him!   :clap:  Glad you and the ladies were able to get on some fish, and thanks for bringing us up to speed on those wake board boats....I honestly wasn’t familiar with them. The videos continue to be a great watch, any plans on those raccoons?   :clap: :thumbsup:
   Wally....have a safe trip to Erie this am, hope you find those big walleyes this trip....enjoy!   :thumbsup:
  Hoserman...nice job getting out with the family and hooking up with a nice bluegill fish fry!  :clap:
  I-45...will be looking forward to your report today, hope the infusion worked!!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...can’t understand why people are unwilling to wear PFD’s when the conditions warrant them...unfortunately some will pay the price. 
  OG...thanks, I’ve never seen this many slugs and snails around on my property. Thinking it’s going to be an endless battle. How are the garage sales treating you?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope your wife and granddaughter had a safe trip yesterday!   :thumbsup:  Did you get hit with a lot of rain yesterday? 
  H2... hope you got the barbecue in yesterday with your daughter.  Looking like a decent week of weather coming, best of luck with the fishing!   :thumbsup:

We got pounded on pretty good with the rain yesterday, lost power for a few hours. Not certain if it was from a lightning strike or the winds downing trees, but it sucked just the same!   ;D. Lights came back on just after 9pm so that was a plus from the 11pm projected time.
  Time to see if any of the plants took a beating from the rains and slimy critters....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16264 on: Jul 07, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day. Not as muggy. We didn’t get as much rain as I thought we were going to. The infusion unfortunately didn’t seem to work.

Mason Eddie, I hope your garden didn’t take to much of a beating and you don’t have to many slimy critters.

WallyWorld, Good luck today on the water.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16265 on: Jul 07, 2019, 06:46 AM »
Good Morning. 61* this morning and it feels great.

Ice-45, sure was hoping the infusion would do the trick. Was it a one time thing? I am sure the hot, muggy weather doesn't help much.

Eddie, nice job with the flag, pictures were great.

The cookout went well. Pork, chicken and elk kabobs, veggies and salads. Also, they had last of the walleye I got last week. We got very little rain and it didn't cool off until later in the evening.

The daughter caught this SMB casting from shore.

Have a great day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16266 on: Jul 07, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Oh What a Relief It Is. I can not remember what commercial that comes from but it sure fits the temperature and humidity this morning. 61* with a dew point of 54*.

A big thanks to Hoserman for sharing the drop in humidity with us just north of GR. I have not been to Grayling in years. I found out that the trappers cabin in the park is now gone. I wonder what happened to the bear trap that a bunch of SMTA trappers donated in memory of a trapper that hung in it. We raised the money at the trappers funeral to buy it.

The number of bears in a lot of areas are getting out of hand. A guy on another site had his dog killed by a sow with cubs a week ago in the Baldwin area. I have gone 13 years with out being able to draw a tag for that unit. At one time the DNR was thinking about putting some bears along the PM river to clean up the dead salmon. What a stupid idea as there would be a lot of people fishing at that time.

WS It looks like you have another hen with poults visiting the yard from that new camera video you posted. I was shocked when I got home from town the other day. The wife's daughter was here. This is the first time we have seen her since Christmas. She has RA and thinks she is the only one with physical problems. The wife was not going to tell her about having her knee replaced but did tell her when she was here.

Eddie Here on our lake a lot of the peole think that the laws  do not thnk they apply on our lake since it is private. Years ago I had a boat cop tell me I had to wear a life jacket in my canoe. I finally remembered to bring a copy of the rule stating that it was not required in my canoe. I did it in a coffee shop so I could embaress him when I told him to quit making up rules. I only used my canoe on small streams so their was no need for a wearable any way.

The car is still there. The wife talked to a neighbor that has his boat at one of the assn docks by where the car sets. He said it has been there for two weeks with out moving. One time my exwife had her car break down. Before I could get there a state cop had put a stiker on it stating that I had 24 hours to get it moved.

H2l The elk sounds interesting. I have had moose and buffalo. the  buffalo is to die for. It is a sweet meat. I cooked three roasts at a wild game dinner one time. Two roasts went on the tables and we kept one in the kitchen for us. I  noticed one of the cooks bringing another roast back to the kitchen. He said they do not deserve this. I did not argue with him

My nephew that is comming from VA next week is a big LM bass fisherman. He had never caught a small mouth. He was shocked at how hard the smallies fought compared to LM. The ones he caught were not as big as the one your daughter caught.

If-45 I pray that they will find some thing that will help your issues soon.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16267 on: Jul 07, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Morning all,

TT......I believe that was an Alka-Seltzer commercial "plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is"  ;D

Eddie.....hope your garden survived the storms and the snails  :thumbsup:  we had one shower pass thru late afternoon, lasted about 10 minutes is all   ::)

IF45....sorry to hear the infusion isn't helping, hope there's another option  :-\

WS.....hope the visit with your brother has gone well and he enjoyed his "surprise" pie  ;)2

H2L.....glad the cookout was a hit  :clap:  congrats to your daughter on the smb  :flex:  thanks for sharing  ;)

IW......hope you and the weather cat are enjoying the quiet time  :woot:

Sad to say there have been 2 drownings on our local lake, one Friday night, one yesterday afternoon  :'(  neither body has been recovered yet  :(  thoughts and prayers go out to the families, friends and first responders who are still searching  :( 

We're pretty much packed, will be leaving after lunch sometime. Weather actually looks good for the next 3 days and all reports say the fish are biting  :thumbsup: :clap:  Hopefully I'll have some pics to share  ;)2

Have a good Sunday, hope it's a relaxing one. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16268 on: Jul 07, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Good morning all  :bow:

I will catch you up on yesterday and today later, but this is for Eddie.....

I happen to look at the pictures I posted for him and couldn't believe when I saw I had posted two of the same. I cannot multi task for crap. Dang Eddie I screwed up again :cookoo:

This is the end result of the flag Eddie hung last week. Beautiful.........

You guys were much to kind to point out my screw up :nono: Sorry Eddie.

I will be back after the company leaves.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16269 on: Jul 07, 2019, 02:47 PM »
Good afternoon Les Humid has made his way to south eastern NY. temperature in the eighties with light breeze much nicer outside then yesterday. I drove threw some brief but heavy rain showers on Saturday  going to and coming home from my sister and BIL's home in the Morristown,NJ. area combined birthday celebration yesterday was my Nephew's 20TH birthday and mine is today. When I arrived my nephew was out with some of his friends they had organized a scavenger hunt for his birthday with clues taking him to various places in the area that had importance in all of their lives. (local park,high school,etc.) . The hunt ended back at my sister's and BIL,s home where we all enjoyed a meal of chicken or ground beef taco's and home made ice cream sandwiches for dessert. The boys ate in one room and caught up on activities this past year in each other's life's. One of them had recently arrived home from spending almost 2 years in Sweden serving his Mission for the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormon).
Eddie sounds like when I gave baths to our family pets over the years. Glad you finally had electric power restored hope your garden did not suffer any major storm damage.
Hunts2long happy that the weather allowed you to get the cook out  those kabobs sound great. Besides jerky and sausage it has been over twenty years since I've had a meal of elk.(1997 vacation trip to Wyoming) Congratulations to your daughter on catching the small mouth bass. Which of your daughter's is in the photo.
Whopper Stopper thank you for posting Eddie's photos of the NY. capital building decorated for the fourth of July celebration. Maybe if Eddie can find the time during one work day he can take some photo's one one building at the Empire Plaza commonly called "The Egg" and send them to you for posting. The exterior of the building has a shape similar to a deviled egg hence the nick name always wondered how the exterior brick work was done on this building. Hope you had a great time with your brother and he enjoyed the pie and birthday celebration. You have quite a variety of wildlife visiting your yard enjoying your daily game camera video postings.
Wallyworld have a great time fishing Lake erie anxiously awaiting any photos of the fish two of you catch from the big lake's waters.
Tom Turkey I saw your post about the car in what makes you Grumpy thread hope the state police are able to find vehicle's owner from license plate and VIN numbers on the vehicle and it's owner moves the vehicle or State police arrange for it to be towed from current parking place. I think many families have communication problems and if one member does not take on the role of family contact person you only have limit communication. My sister and i have limited contact with our extended family some of whom with in an hour or lees drive from my home. Our paternal Grandmother served as the person who kept everyone caught up on each other lives and that was only on my dad's side of the family. We have had limited contacted with my Mother's side last contact i personally have had with any of my mother's relatives was way back in 1979 when one of Mom's cousins attended my maternal grandmother's funeral.
Icefisher sad to read that so far the cocktail infusion has not helped with your headaches.
Ice Wanderer nice that Mealworm's daughter could go with your wife to Vermont and spend time with her cousin. Besides catching up on the Honey Do list and tending the garden find some time to enjoy yourself.
Hoserman welcome back to the thread may residents in your area start practicing bear problem avoidance techniques and there be no further killing of family pets.
Old goat hope you and the family had a nice Fourth of July.
Raquettedacker how is your collar bone doing hope your all healed up and back to full speed with work and on fishing trips. May your area not see many extended periods of high humidity and temperature this Summer so working in the green houses does not get to feel like being in an oven.

Everyone have a good Sunday .Best to all fishing stay alert when on the water.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16270 on: Jul 07, 2019, 03:45 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Les humid is packing his overnight bag and hitting the road for tomorrow. I don't believe he will be gone long, so I will leave the light on for him.

mr.clean, Happy Birthday Sir! I hope the rest of the day and evening treats you well, maybe your sister sent you home with a few extra ice cream sandwiches? :clap: :clap:

Our company left a bit ago, we have been cleaning up some and getting ready for the week ahead. The last few weeks have been a challenge for my wife at her job and she needed a few days off to just relax. She assures me she is rested and ready to hit it in the morning.

My brother and I had a pretty good visit although his wife likes to dominate everything he does. We went out to dinner last night for some Broasted Chicken and then returned home for a couple of cold ones and some blueberry pie. The only down fall was that his wife had gotten wind of our plans for the evening along with the pie my wife had ordered, and had to wreck the surprise by telling him all about it. It seems she lives to spoil anything anyone tries to do, and there were a few tense moments last night when I called her azz out on it. Life is short, hers was almost shorter, all over some chicken and a dang pie. I just can't figure out people like that, and felt bad for my wife who was just trying to make the night fun.

I saw two little fawns in the yard this morning trying there luck at eating corn. When they left, I grabbed the camera card just to find the batteries had given up and died. What's the odds? I had hoped maybe the other camera would have triggered but not the case :%$#!:

I will post a couple of videos from yesterday, last night. Now I want the fawns to come back Lol

Eddie you asked about plans for the raccoon ??? I was thinking maybe a hat and a pair of mitts :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hope you all have an excellent wrap to the weekend :thumbsup: Stay safe.           

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16271 on: Jul 07, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Good evening Whopper Stopper was checking to see if you had posted any new game camera footage. Thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday's temperature made me decide to for go trying to bring home any ice cream sandwiches even though I had brought a small cooler and ice packs with me also I have vanilla ice cream in my freezer. I did bring home some of the chicken and ground beef enjoyed the chicken last night. May the fawns return and your camera function. Glad you had a good visit with your brother sorry his wife spoiled your surprise.

Have a pleasant evening.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16272 on: Jul 07, 2019, 07:20 PM »

Good evening ER's,
                            I went to the neighbors for a bonfire last night and didn't get home till mid night, I slept in. Yesterday MW brought me 2 cord of wood so
                    when I got up I wanted to jump on it, I got almost 1 cord stacked and MW showed up with another cord around 11 am,. Then again with the 4th
                    cord around 5pm. My left arm started hurting  so that's why I didn't get the full cord in.

I'll post again in the morning.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16273 on: Jul 07, 2019, 10:46 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, less humid today. My wife worked today. She came home late very tired. At least she’s off for the next 3 days. Headache hasn’t budged. No one seems to have any suggestions. Hoping to hear tomorrow when I have a surgery date for my lower back.

Mr Clean, Hope you and your nephew had a good birthday.

Whopper Stopper, i’m sorry your brothers birthday got spoiled like that. Hope you get the fawns on your camera. Look foreword to your cam videos. I hope your wife got a chance to relax.

Ice Wanderer, Take your time getting the wood stacked.

Hunts2long, I’ve never had the opportunity to have Elk. I’ve heard it’s very good. Nice sm your daughter caught.

I hope everyone had a good day and a relaxing one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16274 on: Jul 08, 2019, 02:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 55* this am, high of 81 today...going to be a beautiful day here in Upstate NY! 

I-45...sorry to read the infusion didn’t help you out with those headaches, what a shame. Hope you hear some good news today with your surgery date. It’s amazing they can’t find the cause for the headaches, hang in there!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...that’s a lot of wood to stack, take it easy with that hurt arm today mister! Sounds like MW has been busy with the wood processor, hope all is going well with him and the business!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the picture and the new videos, those poults are growing up right before our eyes! Glad you had a nice time with your brother while in town,  :thumbsup:...sorry to read about the surprise getting spoiled for him. Think we all know the type who can’t keep a secret/surprise to themselves without spoiling it for others, I’m sure he appreciated it just the same!
  Steve...Happy Birthday!!  Hope you had a wonderful time visiting with your family.  :clap: :bow:   No major damage to the garden, couple of broken branches and lost one eggplant that snapped from the winds. We’re working directly across from the Egg, I’ll snap a few shots from the marble today of it if Marv is up for posting them...I’ve got to get a handle on the PostImage soon! 
  Wally...so sad about the drownings on Oneida, thoughts and prayers sent to the families and friends. Hope your trip to Erie was problem free, best of luck today with the fishing!    :thumbsup:
  H2...glad the weather cooperated for your cookout, Elk kabobs sound awesome!!  Congratulations to your daughter on a fine looking SM, great picture!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Back to work today.....Doh! Got use to sleeping in a bit longer while off, now running a tad behind, lol.
  Will check in at break to see how everyone is doing.... Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16275 on: Jul 08, 2019, 04:53 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 52* and clear here on m hill, less humid than Saturday. A nice week is the forecast. ::)
                            Eddie...........MW's business is doing well, last week he and his crew did 70 lawns in 3 long days so they could get a 4 day weekend. :flex: :clap: :bow:
                            Marv............I'm glad to read that you had a great time with your brother.  :thumbsup:  How is your weather out there. ???
                            I-45.............I'm sorry to read that the infusion didn't help relieve the headaches :(.
                            Steve...........Happy Birthday, I hope you had a good day sir. :thumbsup:
                            Wally............I hope your trip is a bountiful one, catch lots of fish. :flex:
                            H2L..............Congr atulations to your daughter on the Small mouth. :clap: The storms never got here just one little shower, I hope it was the same
                  for you guys.  :whistle:
                            I'm sure for you that work getting back to the grind is hard to do after a long weekend, take it easy.
                            Wood stacking is on my agenda today, MW's son is coming for the day, I hope to get him to help.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16276 on: Jul 08, 2019, 05:04 AM »
Morning all,

We’re heading for the water in a couple minutes. Looks like a great day on tap. Hopefully the fish are hungry!!!!

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16277 on: Jul 08, 2019, 05:59 AM »
52* this morning. I am going to hit the lake myself. First trip in over a week.
Ice-45 sure hope the headache goes away. My wife has had issues with the same. The last 2/3 days they have been better.
IW, done know how you are able to stack all that wood with only one good "wing".(I don't miss doing it) You take it easy.
Mr. Clean, Happy Birthday. Hope it is a good one. That is our youngest, Lindsay.
WW, hope you have a good day on the water.

The elk is very good, I am sure my nephew has more, so I am putting in an order.

Everyone have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16278 on: Jul 08, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a nice day today. My wife is home for the next 3 days. Problem is they can’t figure out what’s causing my headache.

WallyWorld, Have a safe trip and hope you catch lots of fish.

Hunts2long, Good luck on the lake today.

Ice Wanderer, Take your time stacking the wood. Hopefully you get some help doing it.

Mason Eddie, Great job on hanging the flag.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #16279 on: Jul 08, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Morning everyone,so nice out this morning at 59 degrees.feels almost like I should be at the river fishing for salmon but know its not time.hope to keep the windows open and give the ac a break.i need some fresh air in the house.im allergic to cats and dogs and we have 2 of each.been hitting my albuterol inhaler pretty hard lately.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #16280 on: Jul 08, 2019, 09:15 AM »
GOOD morning ER's! The reason for the GOOD in caps is because everyone's buddy, Les Humid is paying us a visit!  :thumbsup: :clap: We turned the A/C off and opened up the house last night and it's still open!! I hope he gets around to visiting everyone. It seems this summer he hasn't visited often enough, or long enough!! Even the cats are enjoying it by laying in their favorite windows!! Here's wishing everyone a good day!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16281 on: Jul 08, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

Having lost the last two attempts I will just leave a couple videos. I have to get on with some errands and look at a tree job.

TT I will include a better video of the Tom, with a good shot of his spurs.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16282 on: Jul 08, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Beautiful day out, the Mrs took me with her to the pond to walk the boy. Nice breeze out. Fish are at the bank staring at me. We were talking today about if I get a settlement or get disability if I would get a vehicle. Not sure about a Jeep or a truck. I loved my Jeep when I had it but a truck i have always had a pickup as well. Only time will tell. Amazing how long it takes for them to make a decision. Here are some pictures of the pond.

Whopper Stopper, Hope the tree job isn’t to big. Videos from the cam are great. Always look forward to seeing them.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16283 on: Jul 08, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Good evening i had a brief period of rain this morning then a sunny day not as hot as Saturday but think Les Humid is backing his bags to head for another location. Thank you to everyone for the birth day greetings.
Ice Wanderer good to hear Mealworm and his business are both doing well happy for him that he has hard working employees seventy lawns mowed in 3 days is an impressive total. Take your time stacking the firewood in your shed hope Mealworm's son and you got a couple cords stacked today.
Icefisher-45 may Hunts2long be correct and the infusion cocktail kick in as the week progresses and your headache get better. Your dog seems to enjoy the pond.
Eddie glad your garden had no major damage from Saturday's rain storm. Looking forward to your photos of "The Egg" one interesting design for the exterior of the building.
Hunts2long how was the fishing trip. Thank you for identifying which daughter was in photo.
Dr.Speckler enjoy the cooler temperatures and low humidity while it lasts in your part of Michigan.
OldSailor same to you with the weather. Keep a watch on your cats while they are relaxing in the window frames never know when they will see a bird or other animal that excites them and they tear the window screens trying to get the animal.
Whopper Stopper once again thanks for posting all the game camera video footage. I'm guessing the raccoon in video with the deer is not one with the babies it seems to comfortable with the deer. Nice flock of turkeys in your neighborhood.
Wallyworld hope it was a good day on the waters of Lake Erie.

Have a good night.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16284 on: Jul 09, 2019, 02:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 60* this am, high of 83 here today.

Steve...snapped a few pictures yesterday, will take a few more today and try to get a better shot of The Egg. It’s been under construction for about a year now getting a new roof....think that’s pushing about $6 Million!   ;D
  I-45...great pictures at the pond, looks like it’s loaded with fish! Hope the fresh air helped...best wishes sent today to you Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Marv....the videos are awesome, you’ve got a small piece of heaven there!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  OS/Doc....nice to see you posting, couldn’t agree with you more on this great weather!   :thumbsup:
  H2/Wally....hope the fishing was great for both of you yesterday, best of luck today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...excellent news on MW and the business! Wow, that’s a lot of mowing in 3 days!! Hope you took it easy on that arm yesterday... :thumbsup:

First day back to work yesterday was a little rough, lol. Think we all could have used one more day off.... ;D
  All in all, we had a good day....we took out 103 stones and will be doing more demo this morning.
  The garden is looking better, those beer traps I set out have been getting plenty of visitors, caught 17 of the little slimers yesterday.
  Time to get ready for 8 more..... Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16285 on: Jul 09, 2019, 04:07 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 63* and clear here on my hill, yesterday was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. ::)
                             Eddie.......... Those slugs have to be driving you crazy. :%$#!:
                             Steve...........I got some help from MW's son but he looses interest real fast, I got some done but didn't push it. :whistle:
                             Wally/H2L.....I hope the fishing was good for you and continues. :thumbsup:
                             Marv............The videos were great as usual, the coon was a little apprehensive at first but got over the deer being there. :clap:
                             I-45.............Nice pictures out at the pond, your dog seems right at home there. :whistle:
                             The grand kids will be here this afternoon, not much stacking will get done.
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16286 on: Jul 09, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

Had an awesome day yesterday, landed 18 eyes from 16” - 27”!!!! On the way now to see what today brings!!!

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16287 on: Jul 09, 2019, 06:06 AM »
Good morning. 58* this morning and sunny.
WS, you sure do have a flock of turkeys. The deer and his friend is great.
Ice-45 the dog looks like it enjoys the walk and the pond. Thanks for sharing.
Eddie, only 6 mil for a new roof. It is a cool looking building. The first day back after a long weekend is sometimes rough. All my weekends were long weekends, having worked 10 days on and 4 days off for years. Worked 2nd shift so got off at midnight on Thurs. and had to be back to work at 4pm on Tuesday.

The day on the lake was OK. Caught 9 walleyes (6 keepers) and 1 very nice perch. (13 inches) The lake has dropped about 2 feet since the end of June. Water temp is up to about 79*. I caught fish in 16 to 40 fow, but not many in any one area. Lake wasn't very busy at all.

Today is take it easy, getting ready for our trip to the City on Wed. Lindsay took the day off from school to go down with us..

WW, hope you are into some good fish....Be Safe.

h2l

Did see this guy out for his morning sail.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16288 on: Jul 09, 2019, 08:17 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Back to the 80's again today with heavy thick air added at no charge. I just got back from walking 3 miles and I am wet :%$#!:

WW you need a Go Pro I bet you could make some awesome videos with all the fish you and the Mr have been tangling with :clap:

Eddie fun to read the beer cocktails are doing the trick in the garden :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have a good day Sir :thumbsup:

IW enjoy the little ones :thumbsup:

h2l nice picture, thanks for including it  :thumbsup:

I am glad you are all enjoying the videos, makes it well worth the time. With that.......Yesterday was a bust. There were a bunch of videos but nothing worth sharing just bits and pieces, except for a nice little buck.

I picked up the tree job yesterday, a little bigger job than I usually do but they aren't in any hurry, so I will probably poke at it in a couple weeks.

I am going to load the Trek up and try a bike trail today. Tomorrow the winds are supposed to hit over 35mph so no bicycles then. 

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

&feature=youtu.be

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16289 on: Jul 09, 2019, 09:05 AM »
Good morning blue sky and sunshine with a light breeze currently temperature in the low eighties heading to ninety for the days high. Looks like Les Humid has extended his stay by a couple more days. Looking at Weather Underground website I see there is possibility of a tropical storm forming in the Gulf of Mexico later this week.
Eddie no hurry on photos of "The Egg" I just thought I just thought Whopper Stopper and others located in the Mid-West and Western states who post here on a regular basis would enjoy seeing the building. May your slug infestation end soon how much have you spent on beer for the traps instead of enjoying the beer yourself.
Ice Wanderer depending on the amount of chores/work Mealworm and your DIL expect their children to do at home I can see your grandson not wanting to do more work at Grandpa's house. Have a good afternoon with the grandchildren  is your wife back from VT. yet or will you be the only one keeping all of them entertained.
Wallyworld best with the fishing today may one of you catch a walleye of 30 inches or longer. Also you are correct in reply to Tom Turkey "Oh what a relief it is" was part of an Alka-Seltzer advertising jingle. Do you remember the little character "Speedy that was in their adds during the 1950'5-60's .
Hunts2long nice photo of the sail boat. Congratulations on the walleye and perch way to replenish your supply of fillets. Not to be to noisy but due i have this right Lindsay is a school teacher wwho has a passion for physical fitness and owner/momma of Rocky and one other dog. Your older daughter is the one who works at Dunkin Doughnuts.
Whopper Stopper good to hear you got the tree job and can complete it over a period of time. Have a god bike ride remember the water bottle/bottles. You had made a great recovery from the knee surgery please listen to your body and don't push yourself to hard and cause any new problems for the knee. Thank you for today's video I saw one of that buck's NY. cousins on my way back from NJ. on Saturday evening similar size antler development.

Have a safe and good Tuesday folks. Best to those fishing today.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.