The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sufix Invisiline Ice Fluoro  (Read 393 times)

Offline ColdHole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sufix Invisiline Ice Fluoro
« on: Dec 07, 2019, 10:47 AM »
Puttering around and anxiously awaiting ice over here in the eastern part of the state. I just spooled a new rod/reel with Sufix Invisiline Ice Fluoro (8 lb) and it was jumping off the spool and wanting to make a mess every chance it got. Anyone have experience with this once it's broken in? I'm aware that fluoro will be a bit more stiff than mono or braid but in my living room if I open the bail with anything less than 1/4 oz hanging off of it I've got a mess. I love Trilene Micro Ice and it needs a break in IMO, will this be the same?

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
Re: Sufix Invisiline Ice Fluoro
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2019, 09:51 AM »
You may have put a little to much line on. Or not enough tension on line when filling spool.
Suffix is a gd brand. It took me a couple outings to get used to the switch. Game changer!!

You may want to put a braid on with a mono or fluorou leader. 8lbs. Fluoro is super stiff may want to go to 6lbs. 
Good luck
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline Hammer1Down

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sufix Invisiline Ice Fluoro
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2019, 09:53 AM »
With the smaller spools on ice reels I've always had a problem with line memory and it uncoiling off the spool.  Anymore when I go heavier than 4-6 lb. Main line it gets braid with a good swivel connection to an appropriate sized leader in fluorocarbon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.