Author Topic: Tip Up Line  (Read 640 times)

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tip Up Line
« on: Nov 20, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Well it won't be long now.  Hunting (whitetail hunting will be done) and my next obsession will be ????  Ahhhhhh  Yeah Ice Fishing ;D  I need to restring 15 tip-ups so I am wondering where the best place is to find Ice Fishing Tip Up line, I would rather order a large role instead of a bunch of 50 foot roles.  I went to one of the sponsers here and looked but they didn't have what I was looking for.   I found a role on e-bay if I can say that, they wanted 42.00 for a 1000 foot role which wasn't bad, just wondering if I can get it somewhere a little cheaper.  Any thoughts ??

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Tip Up Line
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2008, 08:43 AM »
I ordered mine this season from the Jack Trap site, they sell the larger rolls in a variety of colours

http://www.jacktraps.com/store.php/products/ice-fishing-line---450-ft-spool

Offline flyman1002

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2008, 09:03 AM »
It may not help you but it is an idea to maybe think about.  I personally use heavy pound test power pro on my tip ups.  It is strong, cheaper then tip up line and I really don't like how thick in diameter some of the tipup line it.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2008, 09:21 AM »
check out that jack trap site

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2008, 09:21 AM »
I ordered mine this season from the Jack Trap site, they sell the larger rolls in a variety of colours

http://www.jacktraps.com/store.php/products/ice-fishing-line---450-ft-spool

Thank you, I just ordered 3 roles and ended up with 250ft more line and saved about $15.00 to boot...  AWSOME....

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I don't care for the waxed braids, they always seem too stiff for my liking. I use a regular 30 fly line backing. Very supple and extremely durable...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.