Author Topic: Nanook Thermal  (Read 368 times)

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
Nanook Thermal
« on: Nov 01, 2016, 01:26 PM »
Well, after having the last 3 sold out from under me i finally got myself a Nanook Thermal for a pretty decent price - its my first trap style house and I'm super excited to get out and catch some fish this winter! Now to sift through all the mods that can be done.

Offline Big Lefty

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Nanook Thermal
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2016, 02:15 PM »
Congrats on the shack!  I have a buddy who is looking for that exact shack.  Did you buy new or used?

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2016, 02:20 PM »
Picked it up gently used (1 year old) for $300 - saw some pretty beat up ones going for $350/$400 so figured i better jump on it. Looks damn near brand new so it was pretty well taken care of.

Offline SlimShanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2016, 04:31 PM »
I just bought one as well and have been working on it for the past week and a half.  So far I have installed the Clam Large Sled Light 3-Pack Set and the Clam small light stick.

The sled light kit doesn't throw a lot of overhead light but it will illuminate the ice and will be good for charging glow lures.

I bought the small overhead light stick and it is surprisingly bright.  I didn't want to cut into my hoop poles so I just mounted it with the provided S-clips. 

I have both hooked on to one of the flip-over power boxes I built from another thread on IceShanty.  Oh and I also bought the Clam center console and it looks like it will work pretty well.  Like I said I just bought mine too so it's a work in progress. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.