Author Topic: Diesel heaters  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Thunder Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Diesel heaters
« on: Nov 12, 2023, 06:42 PM »
Any one running them looking at the Vevor 11 lb one but have questions,thanks.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
Re: Diesel heaters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2023, 09:53 PM »
i have recently purchased a vevor 12v 8kw diesel heater, havent used it much but so far seems like a decent unit. What questions do you have?
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline Thunder Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2023, 06:06 PM »
I guess generally they sit out side the tent with the heater hose blowing in? I'm looking at the 5KW or even a discontinued 2 kw with separate fuel tanks,all about the weight when your walking.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2023, 10:29 PM »
its easy to have the whole setup outside and just have the heat blowing inside. tho youll prolly want to put it in a sled cuz need a large battery to power the electric pump and fan and such. i tested about a 4 amp draw on my heater when its on- not the glow plug- just in steady running mode so if thats the average draw lets say you can find calculators online of estimate how long your reserve capacity may last on your battery- tho it varies because how low of voltage can the battery go and it still work?
Often is best to have the battery in a "warmer" location as they can last a bit longer. The electric pump makes a metal on metal tick noise how they are designed so you can hear a tick tick tick thats fairly loud when its on. I have wrapped mine with high density foam and it stays outside trailer so i cannot hear it.
Few different kinds you can get, the one i got is not the skinny tall one, mine is fat and shorter so that it can fit under my trailer out of the rain and such which works well for my setup. Oh and you can run pvc pipe for the plumbing as i  have not had any melt yet, i think they say 66c or something safe working temps, but it doesnt melt like i was worried it mite for the plumbing.
- Its nice to have a lil blow dryer sometimes- especially if want to warm inside boots or gloves. very fuel efficient and light to pack- just put it and all your plumbing stuff inside a tote..

Offline Thunder Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2023, 06:00 PM »
Well,thank you so much for the in depth report,I myself am looking at the flatter one also,thanks again.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2023, 07:57 PM »
I recently used it for 10 hours straight on one tank of diesel and the 12v deep cycle battery, lasted from 9pm to 7am and still running good on setting #4 fan speed of #6 being the highest. kept the trailer decently warm even tho it was only like -5c. Checked the deep cycle and was at 12.4v so i was surprised as it was charged at 12.7 earlier. Still using pvc piping for the plumbing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.