Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 220842 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #720 on: Dec 13, 2022, 05:47 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Another mild morning at 34 with a high of 36 expected. Things look to start going down hill shortly after high noon if the guessers are right. From start to finish (Friday) only about 4-5" of snow expected. The main event will be the freezing rain and sleet making the roads slippery, power lines heavy, and causing trees limbs to sag. Today the wind will be blowing at 25mph with gusts to 45mph. They claim most of our snow pack will be gone from all the rain in the next couple days.

mr.clean...Continued best wishes kicking the Covid :thumbsup:

Eddie...Best wishes for a good MRI today :thumbsup: The wind will keep me from making the maiden voyage today. Looks like the minnows I bought will get an extended reprieve.

OG...Sorry, can't help you. Good grab on the pole :thumbsup:

WW...Hope your snow removal went well :thumbsup:

I pretty well got any outdoor things done yesterday. Looks like a garage puttering in my future today.

My wife is heading to the jungle again today, she is planning on working from home the rest of the week if the guessers are right.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #721 on: Dec 13, 2022, 06:16 AM »
14* and clear.

FH4, congrats on the win.

The new machine does a good job and is a lot easier to handle being smaller and lighter.

Eddie good luck with the MRI.

Drifter, good to hear that you are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe...h2l

RANT: Why is it everything I type, the computer thinks it KNOWS what I want to say and fills in the words. I AM a human and have been prone to misspell things, not use correct grammar, etc. I have been around much longer than YOU!
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #722 on: Dec 13, 2022, 07:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 19* here and sunny. The snow we got was light and fluffy. We ended up shoveling the driveway and placed where Mr Dickens could walk. We only got 3” of snow. My wife is working today. Me and Mr Dickens May take a ride to see what ponds are frozen over.

MasonEddie, Good luck today with your MRI.

OG, Great find on the pole. Wish I could help you with the furnace.

Hunts2long, Thats good the snow blower worked well. Computers think they are smarter than we are.

Whopper Stopper, Have fun puttering in the garage today. That’s a good move for your wife working from home.

Mr Clean, Hopefully you’re getting some rest. You’re in our continued prayers.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #723 on: Dec 13, 2022, 08:57 AM »
Well started snowing yesterday and has not stopped so far. Got about 6 inches of snow where the wind has not blown it into drifts, this was the drift I had to shovel this morning before going and starting my day. Well have a good one everyone, might not be traveling tomorrow as planned see how the wife feels and if this let's up.

Thanks for all the congrats on winning the contest will post how I like it when I see it. Might refine my open water rods for the boat with some.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #724 on: Dec 13, 2022, 10:26 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....shucks, I was excited you were getting twin grandbabies  :woot: fingers crossed for good results from the MRI today  :) 

WS....sorry Mother Nature once again put the kabosh to your outdoor adventures  :%$#!:  hopefully after this week's mixed bag you'll get back to some good ice making weather  :icefish:

H2L.....auto correct is another annoying feature, never seem to notice it's changed a word until AFTER I hit send  :nono:  >:(

OG.....no help on the furnace from this part of NYS either, sorry  :-\

MrC....good news, hope you continue to improve  :clap:

Cheers everyone on hitting the 1,000 mark  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: :flex: :thumbsup:

A couple errands today, that's about it  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #725 on: Dec 13, 2022, 11:36 AM »
Dennis your furnace forced air or hot water.  ?  Wish now I was already up in Beloit, maybe post a picture of what you’re seeing ?
Looking like you will have some good ice in the next few days anyway by Xmas

Now plan is on the road by 17th to the “North Camp”  and deliver Xmas presents that were delivered here.  Who knows maybe Santa will have a log splitter for me helping out ;)
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #726 on: Dec 13, 2022, 07:15 PM »

Hot water bpiler bud          slowl leak I think shut off valve or some kind of exhaust valve          if you make a trip to Delaven give me a yell

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #727 on: Dec 13, 2022, 08:23 PM »
Good evening, Sunny with a clear sky during daylight hours high temperature was around 35 . I need to look at the forecast and see what the weather guessers are saying about Thursday and Friday.
Old goat may you be able to repair the furnace leak.
Eddie apple pies  always a good desert or treat. hope you found everything you needed to make the jelly. have you ever tried making jelly from apple cider. Nice of your daughter's boyfriend to plow you out  after the storm. Best wished for your younger brother may his symptoms stay mild and he have a quick recovery.
Whopper stopper may your wife trip home from work today have been problem free. Best to all of you over the next couple of days .
hunts2long I'm adjusting to my new computer with spelling and auto correct does make things interesting at times. Good to read the new snow blower had no problems and is easier for you to handle.
Icefisher-45 i hope you will not be expected to shovel out after every storm this Winter.
fish/hunt4ever may your commute today not have been to challenging. may you be keeping up with the snow fall.
Wallyworld  I assume Mr.WW is back from hunting camp and ready to assist with any snow clearing this week.

raising a glass off Coca-Cola in toast to Raquettedackers and the 9;45 on a Tuesday thread may it continue for many years into the future. It has been fun sharing fishing stories  and other things with all of you over the years. I've even had the pleasure to meet a couple of you which was nice.

May everyone have a good night. to all dealing with winter weather may you get through the storms in good shape.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #728 on: Dec 14, 2022, 04:26 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         This is my second attempt to post. :%$#!:
                         It's 15* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Dom..........Kudos to you for starting such an amazing thread on the Shanty. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: :bow: :bow:
                         Eddie.........I'm glad the snow removal went well and that your daughter's BF helped with the driveway with his plow. :thumbsup:
                         Marv..........I hope you didn't get dumped on to much. :unsure: You are the "Chief Putterer." :flex:
                         H2l............It's always nice to have a new snow blower that works well. :clap: It looks like you'll be needing it again at the end of the week. :o
                  Good job bowling over your average. :clap: :flex:
                        Wally..........I hope the errand running went well.  :thumbsup: Is Mr. WW coming home early from camp before the upcoming storm? ???
                        Dave..........I'm glad you're feeling better. :thumbsup: How is the ice coming on the lake? ???
                        OG.............Try YouTube for an answer to your furnace problem. :flex:
                        I-45...........I take it your landlord never got back to you on the driveway snow removal. :unsure: Be careful shoveling in the future. :blink:
                        Fish...........Were those charging stations in the picture or plugins for engine heaters? ???
                        Steve.........I think you will be getting around 3" to 5" of snow from the storm. :unsure:
                        Yesterday I helped my neighbor clear some fallen trees on the cross country ski trail we cut in last winter. With the up coming storm they
                  should be sing it this weekend.
                        Today I'm going to make sure I'm ready for the storm, the guessers are predicting up to 15" here or it could be more or it could be less. Everyone
                  seems to be out of sorts about it, but I look at it it's just snow, I can deal with anything nature throws at me.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #729 on: Dec 14, 2022, 05:20 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Clear and 20* on the Hill this am, NW winds 10-20mph will be sticking around today, high of 30. Temperature bottomed out at 9* here yesterday morning.. :tipup:

Jeff…yes the guessers are all over the place on predicting the incoming snow totals…it seems like a competition between channels, lol. We live in the North East and we get snow, sometimes…we even get lots of it!  ;D  Way to go helping out the neighbor yesterday!  :bow:
  Steve…thanks for the well wishes on behalf of my brother, symptoms were about the same yesterday.  The recipe I’m going to try out today actually starts with apples slow cooked down for 10 hours and then strained through cheese cloth for the juice..so  homemade apple cider will be the base. Hope you’re feeling some relief today!  :thumbsup:
  Dom..( hoisting a mug of coffee )…here’s to another 1, 000 pages Sir, it’s been an awesome ride!!  :bow: :clap: :flex:
  Bud…will be wishing you safe travels and clear roads on your Christmas trip ….hope Santa comes through for you!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…twins would have been really special, lol., just don’t run in the families unfortunately!  ;D  Looks to be another good day for puttering in the bakery today?  :whistle:
  FH4…safe travels today if you’re going to brave the roads, be careful out there!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…hope you had pleasant ride with Mr.Dickens doing the ice recon yesterday!   :thumbsup:  Saw some of the local lakes here yesterday skimmed back over again.
  H2…understand the rant completely, lol, especially with some of the words in my vocabulary, Doh!  :woot:  Glad the new snowblower is fitting in, awesome!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…sounds like miserable weather conditions, glad Jo won’t have to deal with that the rest of the week!  :thumbsup:  Can’t help but wonder if the cribbage game got misplaced again?   :whistle:  ;D

Thanks for the well wishes all, guess everything went as well as could be expected yesterday.  :thumbsup: 
  One of my sons crew members knocked a beautiful 9 pointer down yesterday…a personal best for him, especially not being a hunter. He dropped it with a Ford F-250…I’m sure that’s going to break some hunters heart who had it on camera.
Good news is not too much damage to the truck, he was ok, and the guy had the police issue him a tag to transport it after it was put out of its misery. Believe what was salvageable was butchered last evening and the rack was still in tact for a mount he plans on having done.
  Couple errands to run early and hopefully have some success trying out a new recipe today…Cawfee’s  on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #730 on: Dec 14, 2022, 06:05 AM »
15* and clear.

Eddie, glad to hear that everything went OK. That is too bad about the deer but at least it is not all going to waste and no one was hurt.

IW, I watched the news last night and they didn't give any snow amounts but I guess I will be ready.

No takers on the old snow blower. Price is dropping pretty fast. It starts right up in the morning to take it out by the road and everynight to bring it back in I can't get it started and end up pushing it back in.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #731 on: Dec 14, 2022, 06:45 AM »
No travels today over, just did not want to risk the roads and they closed most the roads around the state except for the one over to Casper where we were headed, but still the wife has a cold or flu but she is feeling a bit better and just wanted to get back on track for her surgery on Friday.  So will try and head over Saturday when the weather has been good for a few days and get the side by side and fuel up my gas cans with the gas that is 1.50 a gallon cheaper than here.  Well the plant is shut down and the parts are being changed out, just taking longer than I had expected but the new pace of some of the guys are to say the least slow, but would rather have this done right and not have other issues once started back up.  Today seen a low of -3 on my drive in so that should help the ice a bit since the big lake blew open again, but it should set up now with the snow that hit the water yesterday, we seen 10 inches here and 20 minutes east, by the big lake, only seen like 3 inches.  Well better get back into work mode.  Have a great Hump day everyone, be safe in the storms.

Oh and those are plug in for the engine heaters since during a normal year we see some -30 lows/highs some times for a couple weeks.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #732 on: Dec 14, 2022, 06:59 AM »

33 degrees to kick off the morning. I just got in from scraping my slab, just under 2 inches with a glaze of snizzle underneath. A couple feet dropped north of us. Looks like a wild time in progress down in the jungle :cookoo:

Let me get in on the toasting of the first 1000 pages :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: Stupendous  job Dom :thumbsup:

IW...Kudos on giving the neighbor a hand yesterday :thumbsup: Best of luck with pre-storm preparations :thumbsup:

Eddie... A Ford F-250 is pretty good deer medicine. At least he got the rack, they never found the buck my wife hit. Speaking of that we are still waiting on the body shop to to gather the parts for our fix. I didn't think hers looked bad either but they claimed $7000 :cookoo: All has been quiet on the cribbage front ;D

WW...Hope you are still sitting on plenty of ingredients for more goody manufacturing :clap: I have the same problem with auto correct. I try to never read my text after I hit send, when I do I just get mad Lol

This morning I am running my wife into the Dentist. This afternoon I am bringing my s-i-l to her Dr. appointment.

Hope everyone has a good "Hump" day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #733 on: Dec 14, 2022, 08:16 AM »
I guess I better get on and post so that you do not think I have abandoned the best thread on the internet. It has been a hectic few weeks with the wife dealing with the pain from her hip replacement and some other issues.

Dom Thanks for starting the 9:45 thread. BTW On northbound 31 in Grand Haven, you can not get off at Spring Lake now with the bridge construction. You have to go north and come back south so you can get into Spring Lake.

Marv Hopefully your S-I-L doctor appointment does not take as long as the wives did yesterday. With all she had done, we spent around three hours there. If I remember right you might have RA. I changed all of our doors to lever handles. It sure makes it easier to open them.
I have Grammarly on my computer. It makes me not make so many mistakes in my typing. It does not auto-correct as it lets you make the changes.

FH4E They are guessing some ice for us overnight with snow to make it worse. We have a podiatrist appointment tomorrow less than an hour away. I am not looking forward to that drive.

Does the company work at make acid? I worked for a Hooker Plant in Michigan, aka Love Canal, for a while. The area I worked in made HCL by burning Hydrogen and Oxygen in a big tank. The only way to keep the feed going was to put pennies in the start buttons. When I went to start the compressor to liquefy it the whole area shut down. I forgot to pull the peenies which caused the gasses in the tank to explode when the electricity came back on. The blast shook the town. What a H-hole. They ended up putting the plant in a huge sealed vault a few years after I quit.

I need to get some things done around here.

Every one have a good day!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #734 on: Dec 14, 2022, 09:36 AM »
Morning all,

WS...safe travels today, don't forget to don your chauffeur's cap  ;)2

TT.....sorry to hear MrsTT is still dealing with the hip pain  :(  wishing her better days ahead  :)

Eddie....I can almost smell the apples and cinnamon  :thumbsup:  hope your brother has a speedy recovery  ;)

IW....MrWW came home Monday to replenish food and clean clothes, he was planning to return today but has decided to postpone the trip until Sunday thanks to Mother Nature  ::)

H2L....glad the new snowblower is easier to handle, work smarter not harder  :whistle:

Weather people saying anywhere from 5-10" to 7-15" along with freezing rain/sleet starting tomorrow afternoon, should be  a blast  :pinch: :cookoo:

Guess a trip to the grocery store is called for today so I have enough puttering supplies on hand  :woot:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #735 on: Dec 14, 2022, 09:56 AM »
Good morning ER’s   My day looks like rain all day, but can cope with that okay, sounds to me it will be several inches.

What I need to get done today is check on getting the canopy replaced that got frame bent, canvas is okay, so question is if the “replacement plan” I paid for covers the frame.

Hopefully everyone will be able to cope with the storm heading east,or has it already passed ???

Tom hope the Mrs get to feeling better. Great idea on the levers, that way you can open the door with an elbow when your hands are full.

Well I better get to making tracks, soon as I get myself a coffee ;)

Oops didn’t see Pat sneak in the side door

Good day all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #736 on: Dec 14, 2022, 10:08 AM »
Yeah the plant make Sulfuric acid and the plant we have down is the ultra pure unit that makes acid for chip manufacturing.  Always fun to see different things

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #737 on: Dec 14, 2022, 11:26 AM »
What kind of chips ?
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #738 on: Dec 14, 2022, 12:26 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 32 degrees out and sunny. My wife is working today but has tomorrow and Friday off. Supposed to be getting snow on friday and she's going down to get her license renewed. Me and Mr Dickens went out yesterday to scope out ponds and ended up going to get her Birth certificate in her hometown. What a pain it is to renew your license now because you have to change it to a real ID. You need all these documents to show your a American Citizen. Rant over. Nothing planned today. Just Mass and Bible Study tonight.

Dom, Thank you and congratulations on starting the best thread on ice shanty. 

TomTurkey, Prayers your wife feels better soon.

WallyWorld, Have fun at the grocery store. How are the prices there? Hopefully you don't get to much snow and to many accidents your way.

Iff, Hopefully the replacement plan covers the frame.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like you have a full day of playing chauffeur today. Drive safely

Hunts2Long, I think that the weather guessers have given up on amounts due to the fact that they are wrong most of the time. I'm sure someone will take your old snowblower away.

MasonEddie, Hope your brother is feeling better. F250s are tough trucks. That's good the deer was salvageable.

Ice Wanderer, The landlord finally called and said she has someone to plow the driveway so we won't have to keep shoveling it. Hope you have a good day and don't get that much snow.

I hope everyone has a great and a safe day.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #739 on: Dec 14, 2022, 12:37 PM »
The UPA acid is used in some of the process for the manufacturing of microchips. That is why our purity is so important as anything to fall into the Channels will make the board useless. So everything is looked at through a microscope, well even lower than that just hard to explain.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #740 on: Dec 14, 2022, 09:18 PM »
Good evening checking weather reports  appears I might see up to 5 inches of snow from the coming storm . Areas North and West of my location might see up to a foot of snow .  cell phone and extra battery pack charged and ready if need for use during storm due to a power outage.
ice Wanderer may you be ready for the coming storm . Local cross country skiers will appreciate your work this weekend  as they enjoy the snow fall.
Eddie may your brother's symptoms still be mild. glad all went well with your MRI yesterday. The jelly making sound like a long process to reach the final product. glad your son's friend is alright and only minor damage to his truck after colliding with the deer.
Hunts2long someone may grab your old snowblower as the storm gets closer to your area of NY.
Fish/hunt4ever may travel conditions be better for you and your wife on Friday . all the best wished with regards to her surgery . Crazy how there is such a large price difference for gas between your area and casper . May changing equipment parts see the problem that has plagued your plant for past month be resolved and production get back to normal levels. thank you for explaining the reason finished acid needs to be so pure in quality.
whopper stopper may you hear that parts are available to repair your wife's vehicle soon it is the hidden damage that can increase cost of repairs. Some shops also have to sub out the work as they might not have all of the equipment needed to complete the repair which also adds to cost.
Tomturkey sorry to hear your wife is still in pain following her hip replacement surgery. may things get better for her before to long.
Wallyworld good that mr.WW will be home to help you with the snow clearing from coming storm.IFF may you not have seen any problems from all the rain.
icefisher-45 may your wife have all the items needed to renew her driver's license . glad you heard from your landlord and someone has been hired to plow after snow storms this winter.

May everyone get through this storm in good shape.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #741 on: Dec 15, 2022, 03:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 25* and clear here n my hill. ::)
                         Eddie.........I'm sure when the guy puts his mount on the wall, he will have a good story to go along with it. :roflmao: I hope your brother
               is doing better. :thumbsup:
                         Narv..........What would the girls do with out you, you're the man. :clap: :bow: Maybe Jo got the hint not to bring the cribbage board out. lol :roflmao:
                         Wally..........I guess the weather has a lot of people changing their plans. :whistle: Tomorrow should be a good baking day. :flex:
                         H2l............I think your area is in the heaviest snow amount area. :whistle: Isn't that the way with equipment it starts one time and then it
               won't. :%$#!: It's a good thing no one stopped and wanted to hear it run. :blink:
                         I-45...........I'm glad that the landlord got someone to plow the driveway. :clap: It's really bad that we have to jump through hoops to prove who
               we are. :cookoo:
                         Bud............I'm sure the frame is under warranty. :blink: Safe travels to where ever you might be going. :thumbsup:
                         Steve.........I'm all prepared for the storm, one guesser says up to 18" around us. :whistle:
                         Fish.......... Thank you for explaining the nature of exactly what the plant does and why it is so important for the product to be pure. :flex:
                         Tom...........I hope you wife's pain goes away soon, I'm sure she is uncomfortable but I'm sure it will subside in time. :thumbsup: Oh boy, that
               must have been an interesting experience when the place blew up, I hope no one was hurt. :unsure:
                         Well I'm ready for what comes our way in the way of snow. I don't know if this is a good thing but yesterday I contacted my #1 son aka mealworm
               to see if I could help him out with the storm. He has some places that he has to use a snow blower, so this morning I'm going with him so he can show me
               where and what to blow. Plus I could use the extra cash. I guess I'll be doing it for the entire season.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe especially through the storm, and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #742 on: Dec 15, 2022, 05:06 AM »
25* and clear.

The old snow blower is gone and it started right up for the guy that was looking at it. When I bought the new one the guy said put it out by the road with $200 on it and "if" you get a $100 feel lucky. I got a $100 but it is gone.

My brother and nephew got the roof on the sugar house addition yesterday and are hoping to get most of it enclosed today before the snow starts.

The wife is taking my sister Christmas shopping today. I woke up this morning with a cough, I feel good just a deep cough in my chest, so taking it easy.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #743 on: Dec 15, 2022, 05:40 AM »

32 degrees with sloppy snow falling. Looks like by late afternoon we will end up with about 5" on top of what we currently have. Just what all the lakes needed, pretty disappointing.

I will check in later, I need to get the first layer scraped while I can still push it.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #744 on: Dec 15, 2022, 05:57 AM »
Morning all... 35° and cloudy here. We got a TON of rain overnight, ponding in fields all over. The deep freeze is on its way in, though. The temp is supposed to steadily drop all day, and not be above freezing for a couple weeks after today.

We haven't seen a sub-zero December day in 10-15 years, but a couple are forecast next week. Looking like it's gonna be a nice early start for ice around here. I already have the 23rd-26th off work... if my usual ponds are skinned over good Monday, I may go ahead and take off the 22nd to fish, too. Ice is unpredictable and often short lived down here, so I always try to take advantage when we have it.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/polar-vortex-christmas-weather-cold-forecast/1385381

Haven't kept up on the thread much lately, I'll have to go back and read through it. Got a software sales pitch at work today, so it'll likely be a long day again. We had a couple last week that got me a fair bit of OT.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #745 on: Dec 15, 2022, 06:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 24* here and cloudy. Weather guessers haven’t given us any amounts of snow. Supposed to start tonight and end Saturday. My wife is working part of the day. Me and Mr Dickens may go out looking at Gazebos for Christmas cards.

Zcm, Hopefully you get some ice.

Whopper Stopper, Be careful scraping the first layer of snow.

Hunts2long, Prayers your cough doesn’t get worse. Get some rest. That’s good news you got rid of the old snow blower.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good you’re able to help your son with the walkways.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #746 on: Dec 15, 2022, 07:19 AM »
Well ran into a snag at work for the new parts as one of the tower sections, that was ordered and received in 2014, was ordered too short, 36 inches to be exact, so had to use the old tower section so hopefully it was not the part that has the fail in it, but at least we will know where to pin point when the new one comes in.  The tower is almost back together, hopefully start up today, but this is the longest replacement I have seen, the bigger tower watched it be replaced in one day with more pieces but the guys are taking this one slow, which is good to a point, but this might be almost painfully slow.  Well we received a little more snow overnight but not much, today is my last day this week, then one more before vacation until the new year.  See how the wife does tomorrow with her elbow and see if I can get home to sell some minnows as well.  Have a great Thursday everyone be safe in the coming or passing storm.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #747 on: Dec 15, 2022, 09:29 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....$100 is better than nothing  ;)  hope the cough fades quickly  :-\

WS.....easy does it on the snow removal  @)

IW.....same goes for you sir ^  ;D

Eddie....hope your daughter's boyfriend brings the plow thru for you again during the storm   :whistle:

IFF.....fingers crossed the rain has stopped  :blink:

FH4......best wishes to MrsFH4 with her surgery  ;)

Sunrise this morning, if the saying about red sky in the morning is true we're in trouble later  :pinch:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #748 on: Dec 15, 2022, 10:10 AM »
Beautiful picture ww.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.