New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Weekend weather forecast

(1/2) > >>

Running for flags:
So watching the weather I’m seing a storm coming in that could drop an inch of rain and temps near 50 on Friday and lingering into Saturday, while I think the ice will hold up alright in most places, my thoughts are thinking it’s going to become difficult to deal with. Lots g water in top of the ice and water finding any holes tht were drilled the days prior. I have fished this sort of ice before and find it more difficult as the water flows down the hole spiraling the bait and line . Anybody else find this to be difficult

jethro:
Yeah, last year I had a day like that, it was tripping flags just from the flow of water that was rushing down the hole. Real easy to send baits down there though!

I'm thinking the edges of some ponds are going to get hammered. The forecast is actually saying a possible 2 to 3" of rain for the whole event from Thursday to Sunday which is a crazy amount. Just hoping it doesn't kill any headway we've made on the big lakes.

ScotNH:
On the plus side, we aren’t getting 24” of snow on top of the ice to slow down our walking. The forecast after this weekend looks great for firming things back up quickly. I think it will just hamper this weekend.

bassin212:
on a positive note, once it all refreezes it'll make walking to your spot easier! Although, I haven't fished many lakes with snow on them. I'm hoping it doesn't ruin the ice, I'm off from work Dec 24-Jan 1st

800stealth:
Wow, looked yesterday morning and nothing forecast, now heavy rain... bummer. Atleast water freezes a lot better than snow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version