Author Topic: Rapala Jigging Shad Rap  (Read 7830 times)

Offline {RPF}Rapala Pike Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "If you can't catch fish, your not using a Rapala"
Rapala Jigging Shad Rap
« on: Nov 20, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Has anyone here caught any crappie on the new rapala jigging shad rap, in a magazine it says it catches pike, walleye, bass, salmon, and trout, but no panfish. If so what size and color was it.

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
Re: Rapala Jigging Shad Rap
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Do you work for Rapala? just asking because you have posted the same question on three different boards and because of your name.
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2005, 04:26 PM »
I have caught crappie on one. I used the perch colour I cant remember the size, one of the smaller models. I tipped the all 3 hooks with berkely maggots (as recomended by another member)

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Too big for crappie and other panfish in my opinion. The two smallest jigging raps work well though tipped with a maggot.
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Lol, no i dont work for Rapala (i wish) i just love their lures, and its about the only thing i use  ;D

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Just wondering  ;) I love rapalas too, they are my favorite lure for open water and Ice
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2005, 06:48 AM »
I use the standard jigging rap all the time for perch, crappie and bass. They are dynamite on the days that the fish are aggressive! I usually tip them with a mousie or a spike for some scent.

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2005, 07:04 AM »
Has anyone here caught any crappie on the new rapala jigging shad rap, in a magazine it says it catches pike, walleye, bass, salmon, and trout, but no panfish. If so what size and color was it.
no shad in my lakes.  i never use them....i bet if you got a small one, and tipped the treble with something, it would work great.  i use jigging raps, tipped with whatever, usually waxies, ive caught lots of crappie when tipping with a minnow head, or a crappie sparkle nibble.  any swim bait works well like that, ive found.
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2005, 07:12 AM »
I use the standard jigging rap all the time for perch, crappie and bass. They are dynamite on the days that the fish are aggressive! I usually tip them with a mousie or a spike for some scent.
(Image removed from quote.)
thats the one i use  8)  works great, especially at first, and last ice
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline hole-driller

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They say you can't fish , so you need to leave it
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2005, 05:06 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
;D we use these here in i ruthbun lake in iowa and love them.
just boutgh a lot last year and lost alot over brush.
trying some fiskas this year. (cheaper)
you can see them at www.yourbobbersdown.co m
ps  we did not tip any of them, just used a 3.5' ultra light pole.and they were 1.5" ones
kept it on the move till they put there nose on it.
vern
They say you can't fish , so you need to leave it
 to me.   vern

Offline iceturd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Love those jiggin raps! I fish some fairly brushy water for them & I take off the treble hook now & lose very few lures. Most fish inhale the jig headfirst once they get to it. Also have good luck with nils master jigger "O"s. I like the firetiger & chrome/blue patterns on the raps & use the lift & drop method most of the time, good luck all!

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Smaller (W3) ones work great for crappies, perch and the occasional big 'gill when they're really on. Tipped with live bait or gulp type bait. Use it more as a good attractor if you put a really small jig, nymph or plain #12 or #14 hook with bait 6"-8" above it on the same line when they're curious but fairly inactive. Curious to see how small the newer jiggin' shad rap really is, like the bigger silhouette. Perch, firetiger and for some reason trout (none in my lakes) seem to be the ticket in my area.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Ok, well i'll try it our and see how it works, thanks for all the tips.

Norm

« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2005, 07:27 PM »
I haven't used one yet. I watched a feller use one last Sat. He probably caught 50 crappie while i was watching him . Now have 2 cards of them. ;D. Can't wait to try them .He was also using a Velixar fish finder. You could actually watch the jig fall and see the fish echos come to it. I'm going to own one of them too If I hit the lottery. ::)

Norm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2005, 08:01 PM »
Yeah sonars are pretty pricy, yeah it is neat to see your lure go down on the side of the sonar, and see the fish come up to it.  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.