Author Topic: Water REAL CLEAR....problems?  (Read 3261 times)

OU812

Water REAL CLEAR....problems?
« on: Feb 26, 2004, 10:58 AM »
Its aggrivating...we can catch Crappie all the time in the open water but the water is murky. I could call heads or tails on a coin dropped in the pond during winter. Tough to get a pattern going... I'll admit, I haven't fished it much at night. Do you guys catch more at night when the water is super clear??

OU812

Re: Water REAL CLEAR....problems?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2004, 03:24 PM »
Good idea...I've seen a suction tool that fly fishermen use to see what food they are after without cutting the fish open. Thanks for the suggestions.

Offline crappieman12887

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love them crappies!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:25 PM »
 I MY SELF like to fish early morning before the sunrises fishing shallow water and moving out has the sunrises into deeper water,another think i found out about fishing real clear lakes is that high pressures affect these fish more then mirky waters.if i were to fish clear water i would start the fish shallow in the morning middle of the day try to be in deeper water then as night is coming try to move shallower with the fish.,unless i could get them going really good in one area.,thats how i would do it.put just remember what works for me might not work for you.and another thing that work really good if you are fishing reall shallow clear water is to cut your holes the night before so when you show up early in the morning all you have to do punch them out a little with out running your auger down all the way on there heads.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Just at/after dark until first light, clear water, couple days before and after a full or new moon, add some good glowing baits and you have my crappie heaven. Tougher to find them during the day, seem to move a lot more than on darker waters.

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Get yourself a beta fish, believe it or not.  If your beta is active in the morning while you are on your way out, 9 times out of 10 so will the craps.  If your beta is resting down on the bottom of the tank, usually so are the fish.  Believe it or not it works.  It is all related to pressure systems.
It's all about Karma.....

iceman480

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Yeah I would try at night.  The lake I fish is clear. The Craps start in right about dark and then it gets fun give it a try.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2005, 02:35 AM »
Get yourself a beta fish, believe it or not.  If your beta is active in the morning while you are on your way out, 9 times out of 10 so will the craps.  If your beta is resting down on the bottom of the tank, usually so are the fish.  Believe it or not it works.  It is all related to pressure systems.
Man, that's an awesome idea.  I figure I've spent about $2k on all my equipment, so what's another $15?  Sounds logical, too.  I've noticed a couple of times when my pets are real active, it's gonna be a good day deer hunting, so I'm sure the same holds true for fish.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.