Author Topic: Eskimo Z51  (Read 488 times)

Offline nwifisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo Z51
« on: Nov 28, 2013, 08:35 PM »
I just ordered an eskimo z51 8" because it was only $329 and looked nice and I have never had a power auger before.  Is there anything I should know about it before I do anything? What oil works best and what are common mistakes people make with it that causes problems? Any tips are appreciated.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Eskimo Z51
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:37 AM »
I've had mine for 4 years now. First 2 years I had the 10" and last year I bought a used 8" for it and like it better. As for oil I have been using Either Pro mix from Lowes or Stihl Chainsaw oil. Most of the time it has been the stihl oil. 50:1.
When you prime it make sure you see gas all the way through the clear line beofre pulling the rope. Most of the time I never have to use the choke since I carry it in my Ford Explorer. If you use a truck you might need to. Mine starts on the first pull always.
<===Lefty===

Offline gso12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I use the viper oil ..let it warm up a second an go ..I love mine i got the same one you ordered great machine :tipup:
]

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Easiest to just use the Viper oil and DON'T lean the mixture to 100:1 like a lot of folks do. To each his own, but that's just MHO. Use the non-oxy (no ethanol) gas if it's available to you; if you MUST use the Ethanol garbage, use Startron or the new Stabil in it.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.