Author Topic: Clam Big Mouth  (Read 7276 times)

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Clam Big Mouth
« on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:37 PM »
I noticed on Gander wesite the one man sled Big Mouth that expands out.   Anyone seen this or any reviews?

Offline tkru

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam Big Mouth
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:39 PM »
I have not seen the clam but the eskimo wide 1 is pretty nice looking

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
best long underwear on the planet

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline Cali009

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:19 PM »
i have been looking at both the eskimo wide 1 and the clam big mouth. i think i will be going with a kenai as my first 1 man trap. the price is high for me right now. plus for 400$ you may as well buy the Mitchell Pro.
best long underwear on the planet

!* AIRBLASTER *!

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Looked at the big mouth the other day in person. Just like a regular 1 man but the front corners unzip and you can spread the front a bit more. Only thing I can think of is that on slushy days zippers could possibly freeze. It is quite a difference spreading the front out.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2012, 05:46 PM »
Shappell FX 100, wide front one man, no zippers or frame poles to extend.

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:50 PM »
That Big Mouth looks great!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2012, 12:32 PM »
229 on sale gnd mtn plus 5% off more if you have ice team perk card thermal is 349 on sale now also
Just enjoying life

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:33 PM »
I purchased the big mouth thermal this year and I can't wait to use it! The poles are fixed so you just unzip on each corner and spread the bottom pole. The only thing you gotta be careful with is zipping up the corners because the extra fabric could get caught in the zipper. There is plenty of room for 3 8" inch holes, heater and flasher! Seat reclines and is super comfy for all day fishing!

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2012, 10:50 AM »
i have been looking at both the eskimo wide 1 and the clam big mouth. i think i will be going with a kenai as my first 1 man trap. the price is high for me right now. plus for 400$ you may as well buy the Mitchell Pro.
I just left my buddy's house and the big mouth thermal is a nicer setup imo and his, over the JM. My buddy gave $400 at Gander the day of the ice show in MN a few weeks ago. Gander doesn't even show the thermal on their site, and only shows the non thermal, and it says,"Sold out." Clam doesn't offer them on their site, and only Gander was selling them from what he was told.

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Looked at the big mouth the other day in person. Just like a regular 1 man but the front corners unzip and you can spread the front a bit more. Only thing I can think of is that on slushy days zippers could possibly freeze. It is quite a difference spreading the front out.

X 2, that was my first thought and the tub is small i can pack more in my Kenai , but if we all thought a like we wouldn't need choices  how boring that would be  ;) 

Offline wetline005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I only fish on days that end in "Y"...
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:16 PM »
Just bought the Big mouth today. I'm gonna love the extra room. Always had issues fitting buddy heater, vexilar, with 2 holes. Problem solved. Paid 275.00 out the door for the thermal. Gander in Grandville selling them at 25% off. 2 left
Maybe its not thermal. It has the Grey material down the center.

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Just bought the Big mouth today. I'm gonna love the extra room. Always had issues fitting buddy heater, vexilar, with 2 holes. Problem solved. Paid 275.00 out the door for the thermal. Gander in Grandville selling them at 25% off. 2 left
Maybe its not thermal. It has the Grey material down the center.
You would know if its thermal or not.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.