Author Topic: Ice fishing Parka and bids  (Read 9050 times)

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice fishing Parka and bids
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Just ordered mine from Sportsmans Guide and after putting them in my cart for $69 dollars each they both rang up at $54 each so I got them for 109 and then with shipping got them for $125 ..  I am so excited to get them in the next couple of days ,  now all we need is ice to fish on while wearing them.

Yeah Im not sure why it gets cheaper when you add it to the cart.  I talk to them on the phone and they said that I got a discount for ordering the bibs and the parka at the same time.  Either way what a great deal.  And Coss you are going to love them I got the chance to use them and they are great.  I kneeled down in water just cuz I could and they stay dry and warm. 

I made a mistake and got my leg too close to the heater and know I have a small melted part on one of my legs  >:(

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:55 AM »
want guaranteed dry knees?

(Image removed from quote.)

or cabelas ice chaps

Never thought about knee pads. And those look pretty nice. Is that a padding I see?
<===Lefty===

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 30, 2011, 05:46 PM »
weel i ordered a set yesterday am very excited to get them  ;D ;D
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline Coss13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Just ordered mine from Sportsmans Guide and after putting them in my cart for $69 dollars each they both rang up at $54 each so I got them for 109 and then with shipping got them for $125 ..  I am so excited to get them in the next couple of days ,  now all we need is ice to fish on while wearing them.

And I just got them today in the mail , they fit great and have a ton or pockets , the bibs only have two pockets but the parka has about 15-20 pockets it is crazy .   I am going to for get what pocket my  bait is in and jig box ect.... LOL

well here is what they look like on me .

It's all about how you wiggle your worm in the ice hole

Offline Coss13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:57 PM »
The knee pads on the bibs are really thick and soft when i was kneeling on the ground.
It's all about how you wiggle your worm in the ice hole

Offline slammin slabs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Holly crap I came home today to a box in the porch! Yep I got my ice coat and bibs today and I have to say wow very impressed with them and was looking at the packing slip and I got them for $87.00 for the set that's 43.00 a peice what a steal!!!!  :o I am very very impressed and would recomend them to anyone ganna go test them out tomarrow if the ice is safe
I don't have a problem I have an obsession😏

Offline jhill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:26 AM »
Can anybody confirm these are waterproof?  The SG site, says "weatherproof" and the gloves offered as a set, clearly state Waterproof, but the bibs/parka don't mention it. 
I called them, the guy asked a manager, who said they're waterproof...can anyone confirm that?  Don't care if they're ziplock-baggie-waterproof, but do want something that attempts to seal out water.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:35 AM »
I don't think you'll be disappointed in them.
X2 on the sportsmans guide! Two years on mine and no problems.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:45 PM »
Can anybody confirm these are waterproof?  The SG site, says "weatherproof" and the gloves offered as a set, clearly state Waterproof, but the bibs/parka don't mention it. 
I called them, the guy asked a manager, who said they're waterproof...can anyone confirm that?  Don't care if they're ziplock-baggie-waterproof, but do want something that attempts to seal out water.

I was kneeling down and sitting in ice, snow, slush, and water and I stayed dry.

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2012, 06:24 AM »
the snosuit beats them all (snosuit.com) not cheap but it is the ultimate, been out in 40 below wind chill, no problem, dry and warm
da splake chaser

Offline jhill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2012, 04:55 PM »
After seeing all these great reviews i ordered the Parka and bibs myself.  I'd say they're so-so.  They are almost identical to the Ice Armor suit in weight, pockets, etc.  But in my opinion that's not very thick.  Might be very warm for their weight, but feel almost uninsulated.  The Bibs didn't quite fit, pulled in all the wrong places.  The Parka is great.  Very comfy, nice hood, lotsa pockets.

In the end i returned the bibs, went to Dicks and got a pair of Polar Fire bibs.  A little bit more $, but alot more comfy, much more heavily insulated.  The PF bibs are high risers, so almost work like a vest, figured the heavy bibs with a lighter SG jacket would be perfect.

But the value on the SG stuff is incredible!  Identical (from what i could tell trying them both on) to the Ice Armor stuff, at < half the cost.  If that's your debate go with SG.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2012, 12:35 PM »
i just received my set of jacket and bibs today and they do look pretty nice. praying for some ice now. the bibs do seem uninsulated though compared to the coat. anybody else experience this too? thinking i will have to layer more on my bottom half cause i just dont c these bibs keeping me warm with just a pair of jeans underneath.

Offline Bigwally

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Ive never had a problem with them bibs not keeping me warm!!  From what I have seen they have just as much or More insulation than the top name brand ones do.  The biggest part about an ice suit is that they are very good wind breakers and water proof.  If you have both of them you don't need the big bulky insulation.  Just my opinion.  Mine hasn't failed me yet.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2012, 09:19 PM »
I got a set about 2 weeks ago and wore the jacket already a few times. Seem awesome! Now i just need ice.
For the money guys you can't go wrong with these.
Fish on!

Offline Mowser4104

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:58 PM »
I got the sportsmans guide bibs and parka going on 2 years and loveing them still.
Life's to short live it as if you don't have tomarrow.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:20 PM »
well been wearing the suit around now for awhile and it has preformed as well as i have expected. i was concerned bout the lack of insulation in the bibs but that does not seem to be an issue at all. the knee pad area is very large however the pad itself has a memory to it and the padding it provides seems to dissipate after a feel kneels downs. the suit is weatherproof for the most part but out in a rain the fabric will shed water for awhile and then become saturated. i sprayed it down with waterproofer and will see if that helps at all. all and all i am very pleased with my purchase.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.