Author Topic: Muck boots  (Read 7172 times)

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Muck boots
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2012, 06:55 AM »
Several years ago I bought the Woody Max mainly for deer hunting in the Vermont snow. I always wore rubber 2000 gram insulated boots for ice fishing but they usually only lasted a season due to the sun, cold and wearing creepers. The rubber would often break down and crack. I decided to try the Woody Max out on the ice and they were warm and much smaller in size and easier to walk in than the larger 2000 gr boots. This year during deer season I noticed a crack right where the creepers came across the ankle. They lasted several seasons and were the most comfortable and warmest rubber boots that I have used so I bought a pair of Arctic Pro. They are really warm but stiffer than the Woody's. I'll use them just for ice fishing and next deer season get another pair of Woddy Max for hunting.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:30 AM »
Ya i used the mucks a couple days ago on the ice, and they were great. 100% waterproof, warm and super comfortable. It was a warm day out and thats what i bought them for (coldest was -5), so their serving their purpose. But i was just looking to see how cold i could use them at without freezing my toes off. ;D

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2012, 03:05 PM »
just got the arctic pros.  They are light weight, waterproof and comfortable.  They're rated to -60 but I have my doubts.  Wore them on the ice for 8 hours this weekend and they were a great mid-temp the whole time.  Thin wool socks, and no sweating (lots of walking) and no cold.

hopefully they hold up to the the -25 C later in the year.
Tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.