Author Topic: Back To Harding  (Read 698 times)

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
Back To Harding
« on: Mar 15, 2008, 10:19 PM »
Its back to Harding for me Sunday, if you are out that way stop by and shoot the bull, I'm in the blue dodge with a QF3 next to it.  :tipup:
Bob

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Back To Harding
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2008, 01:23 AM »
How have you been doing out there?  Have you been catching any or are you just marking them on your flasher and watching them on the camera?  I've been out there 2 or 3 times lately but I've had no luck at all.  I got a LX5 today at Sportsmans Warehouse and can't wait to use it.
Travis

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
Re: Back To Harding
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2008, 08:58 PM »
I am not slaying them thats for sure but I'm doing ok, for Harding anyway which would be terrible for any other lake.  Had a monster laker up to the hole today but did a long distance release you might say.  The Lakers were deep today, nothing less that 80 feet but they are hard to coax in to biting.  I watched another large one on my camera come in and bump my jig a couple times but he wouldn't take it and I watched several more swim by and give my jig the evil eye but they didn't even stop.  I think what is going on is sort of like putting out your deeks when duck hunting and then a large flock of ducks come and land about 100 yds away from your spread, plastic ducks can not compete with real live ones and with all of the bait fish in that lake its hard to compete with real live bait when we are using plastic.  Some thing that helps a little is to get rid of your snap swivels and tie your line directly to the jig and i am also thinking about going to lighter line.   :tipup:
Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.