Author Topic: For all of you Tica Cetus guys  (Read 1926 times)

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
For all of you Tica Cetus guys
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Which one of the 500 series reels do you use?  The SS, LF, SB, or GV?

Ive heard a lot of good things about the reels but they have four different models and im not certain which one everyone likes to use.  Thanks in advance!

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: For all of you Tica Cetus guys
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I have 4 - LF500s, 4 - GV 500s and 1 - SB500. They are all great ice reels. IMO the LF or GV are as good as any of the other reels. I could blindfold you and hand you the different models and you would not know the difference. They are all very smooth, have great drags and all reels are identical except for color and # of bearings. I got the LFs for $25 each the GVs for $26 each and just bought a new SB on ebay for $40 shipped. They are great reels. I also have a couple Pflueger Microspin U 4410U Triggerspin reels which are great little reels as well.

Offline Boatless

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:52 PM »
I have a Tica reel, can't remember what model, but I can attest to it being very smooth with a great drag.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:03 PM »
i have the sb500, but haven't tried the others so not sure what the difference is.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:09 PM »
I use the SB500, it has the most ballbearing with 6, it is usually only $5 more then the next model down wich is the GV I believe...I own 6 of the SB500 and not a problem at all

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:21 PM »
1 SS, 1 SB, & 2 GV's.  Need more.  Hands down, the best I've used.  SS, & SB, can't tell the 2 apart, other than color.  SS is about $5 more.  You will not be dissapointed at all!  Been a fan of Quantum Energy's for the past few years, but the 10 size is still too big for me on any ice rod.  I use them on all other spinning applications, but on ice, it's Tica Cetus!!!  That's my SS500 on my Thorne Bros Perch Sweetheart below!

Offline crappiekid24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:33 PM »
I have 1 SB and defiantly would recommend it to anyone! It sees both open water and the ice! Awesome reel!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.