Author Topic: Reels  (Read 2075 times)

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Reels
« on: Nov 29, 2003, 11:07 PM »
I'm looking for a good reel that I can use for Walleye and Panfish. I found a deal on an Abu Garcia 100U for under 30 bucks. It's got 4 bearings and anti reverse. Some people told me to look at the Shimano and the tiny 20 (I can't remember the make). Anyway, any thoughts? What would you pair it with? I don't want to break the bank, I just thought I'd try something other than the $14.00 combos I've been using. How are the Lightning rods or would you go with the St Croix? I will probably wait until the Ice Fishing Expo in St Paul MN next weekend. Thanks in advance.

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
Re:Reels
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2003, 11:20 PM »
I bought some of those Crappie spinning reels from BassPro Shops. I got them when they were on sale for 15 bucks and they have a good drag system and have performed really well.
They are the Wally Marshall crappie spinning reels.
But there are alot of good products out there, you just have to match them to your needs for fishing.

Offline ZachSchuler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:Reels
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2003, 09:43 PM »
The best reel out there is probobly the Tica Cetus. There are two versions. One is 4bb and is $30 the other is 6bb and is $40. I just bought a 6bb and havent' used it yet but just spinning it, its incredibly smooth. Its like no other spinning reel I've used

For $20 the Shimano AXULSA is pretty good and for $10 the silstar ice bonz is good. But with reels you pretty much get what you pay for.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.