Author Topic: Frostee Jigging Spoon  (Read 2127 times)

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
Frostee Jigging Spoon
« on: Dec 25, 2004, 12:06 AM »
Have any of you tried to the new frostee jigging spoons? They are a little different from the traditional tear drop frostees in that they are a spoon with a split ring and a small treble instead of having the hook on the lure like the old frostee. They look really good for panfish and trout. Anyone used them here?

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline Perch Killer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Frostee Jigging Spoon
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Yup, just tried mine on Sunday, Unfortuantly a northern thought it was nice and decided to take it with him. Now I need another.
PS 4lb test is no good for northerns.
Bill

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2004, 08:21 PM »
Well I like them a lot. Caught tons of perch, and a few crappie and trout on them on Monday. I used the techniglow yellow one with a red eye, in the 1/16 ounce size. Tipped with a waxy or a bit of crawler, they sure loved it.
Perch killer, I know what your talking about. My brother had 4 northerns steal his jig when he was perch fishing. He landed one smaller one, all on 2 pound test. I landed one on my tip up with 12 pound P - Line fluorocarbon leader, and the pike had it in his mouth and didn't even nick it up.
But man, these little spoons are great.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2004, 09:59 PM »
 I just picked up a couple in various colors today cant wait to try them out this weekend.
Jason

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2005, 05:35 PM »
I used the 1/16 oz. one yesterday and caught 80 perch and 10 trout on it. I also caught a northern. I had a couple of huge fish on that spit the hook. That small red treble hook is rubbish. I would replace it, it lost me the biggest fish I ever hooked icefishing in the last couple of years. Later in the day, yet again a northern thought it looked tasty and he bit off. (6 lb. test) I think pike like these things some. I bet a big one would be dynamite for pike! (like 1/4 oz.)
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.