Author Topic: Question . . .  (Read 2129 times)

iceman04

Question . . .
« on: Jan 29, 2004, 10:33 AM »
ok .  .  . i'm sure you guys have heard this one many times before but where do i start to look for white perch?  and what is a good depth/bait to start with??  i used to catch LOTS of perch when they school up towards the shores during the late spring and summer when i was real probably 12, 13 years ago but haven't caught em like i used to in quite some time and my great grandfather loved em' and taught me when i was young how to fillet em' out and i LOVE eatin them!!  any advice is appreciated!  thanks!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re:Question . . .
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Well not that I Catch White perch but im sure it would be the same as yellow. Basically where you catch em in the summer and fall would be a great place to start in the winter. Try the same spots then move deeper if no hits. Use all the techniques you have read on this forum regarding finicky perch lots and lots of helpful hints in there. Also time of day is a good thing as well. Early morning late afternoons and try both live and lures baits for presentations. Let us know how ya fair. Tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
Re:Question . . .
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2004, 03:25 PM »
I don't think fishing for Yellow Perch and White Perch use the same technique at all. I catch Yellows in coves and weedbeds. Most White Perch I catch are at the end of "fingers" and rocky bottoms. Normally you have to chase them as they school hard and can move in a moments notice. If you know they are in a particular body of water, stay mobile and jig until you hit some. I don't bother using tip-ups for them, I only jig. I have seen days where 50 have been pulled from the same hole, but only 5 feet away, not a one. If you catch one then there is a bucket load just before or just behind it. I fish them using a fairly small Swedish Pimple with a single hook and a stretch of worm. They usually bit good and hard. You may find them alot mixed in with Crappies as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.