Author Topic: What's new for 2020/2021?  (Read 49369 times)

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What's new for 2020/2021?
« Reply #240 on: Oct 15, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted in here or not. Looks pretty cool and different from most others.

https://www.piscifun.com/collections/ice-fishing-reel/products/piscifun-icx-precision-ice-fishing-reel-2-6-1-inline-freespool-ice-reel-ultra-smooth-strength-7-1-shielded-ball-bearings

I just ordered one I'll let you know how it is when I get it .

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #242 on: Oct 16, 2020, 02:01 PM »
That piscifun inline spool diameter at 1.77 inches comes in at roughly 45 mm and is still larger than most fishing reel spools.  Considering low profile baitcasting reel spools are about 34-36 mm roughly under 1.5 inches.  While many of the small ultra light open face spinning reels have a spool lip diameter from 36 to 42 mm in size.  That's roughly just above that 1.5 inches in diamter.

Very interesting inline reel.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #243 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:50 PM »
Ended up buying one of the piscifun inline.. won't be here till November though..

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #244 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:05 AM »
Anybody receive their new Piscifun Inline reels?

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #245 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:24 AM »
Anybody receive their new Piscifun Inline reels?

Mines sitting in my mailbox, there is another thread with someone that left an initial review on them though.
Da Pack!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: NEW GEAR for 2020/2021?
« Reply #246 on: Oct 23, 2020, 09:30 PM »
K-Drill 8.5 inch

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/k-drill-idrl85

Wonder if replacing the blades on my 7.5 inch K-Drill will do the trick

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/k-drill-idrlbl85

Let me know if it does.....That be nice

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #247 on: Oct 24, 2020, 11:25 PM »
Well being somewhat a St. Croix fanboy.  The Mojo Ice rods got updated this year.  The foam handles and grey blanks looks great and feels lighter then the previous version.  Not that I need any new ice rods.

Still wish they would just make some reel seats on some of their Custom Ice rods but alas naaahhhh...
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #248 on: Oct 26, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Any idea when the new 8.5" KDrill hits the market?

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #249 on: Oct 26, 2020, 09:27 AM »
Kenders T-RIPS with tungsten core.

https://www.kendersoutdoors.com/collections/t-rip

Get em while they're hot! Sounds like its been a struggle to restock tungsten supplies from overseas this year.
Da Pack!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #252 on: Oct 29, 2020, 01:52 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #253 on: Oct 29, 2020, 01:56 PM »
I wish VMC would re-launch their full plastic line instead of doing these pre-rigged jigs.

x2.  I miss those mustache plastics.  I have got a few things of trigger x plastics left but not many (and at this point it's mainly the styles I never use)

Offline bmaher287

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #254 on: Oct 29, 2020, 04:11 PM »
x2.  I miss those mustache plastics.  I have got a few things of trigger x plastics left but not many (and at this point it's mainly the styles I never use)

Yep, same here. I really liked the waxtail plastics and have some packs of mustache worms left. On the bright side, it does force me to support some smaller companies and try their products out.

Offline CO_Dinky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' Lips
« Reply #255 on: Oct 30, 2020, 03:18 AM »
Mines sitting in my mailbox, there is another thread with someone that left an initial review on them though.

I'm not finding that review. Got a link by any chance? Nevermind, I found it looking manually. The search engine here sux.  :-\

I have one coming myself.  It's delayed, because they oversold the red left-hand retrieve on Amazon, so I had to settle on the gold instead.  Oh well. Should be here next week, but been trying to find reviews in the meantime.

Some cosmetic changes and new size offerings ..$179.00 for BIBS AND JACKET

https://icerunnerhouses.com/float-suit/

I took a chance and ordered one of these float suits.  At HALF price (or less) of the big name brands, it's worth a shot.  Seems pretty comparable to the Clam IceArmor Rise suit, possibly better materials.
Tight lines!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #256 on: Oct 30, 2020, 03:25 AM »
I'm not finding that review. Got a link by any chance?

I have one coming myself.  It's delayed, because they oversold the red left-hand retrieve on Amazon, so I had to settle on the gold instead.  Oh well. Should be here next week, but been trying to find reviews in the meantime.
I took a chance and ordered one of these float suits.  At HALF price (or less) of the big name brands, it's worth a shot.  Seems pretty comparable to the Clam IceArmor Rise suit, possibly better materials.

Please do a quick "open box review" upon arrival ...if you could also how it shipped ..UPS FedEx etc and speed/arrival time would be nice .  Although I dont need a suit it seems like a very nice cost effective alternative.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline CO_Dinky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' Lips
« Reply #257 on: Oct 30, 2020, 03:31 AM »
Please do a quick "open box review" upon arrival ...if you could also how it shipped ..UPS FedEx etc and speed/arrival time would be nice .  Although I dont need a suit it seems like a very nice cost effective alternative.
I'll try to remember.  They aren't due to ship until middle of next month.  I bet they ship UPS ground, considering shipping was free.
Tight lines!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #258 on: Oct 30, 2020, 03:54 AM »
I'll try to remember.  They aren't due to ship until middle of next month.  I bet they ship UPS ground, considering shipping was free.

Great ..an on ice review would be great as well ..how well zippers ..Velcro ..pocket layout and overall functionality . I would defiantly steer guy this way with a little more input of ice anglers.  Pictures too ..as the web site and YouTube probably dont do the pocket layout justice .

Offline bmaher287

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #259 on: Oct 30, 2020, 10:37 AM »
Kenders T-RIPS with tungsten core.

https://www.kendersoutdoors.com/collections/t-rip

Get em while they're hot! Sounds like its been a struggle to restock tungsten supplies from overseas this year.

My shipment of T-rips should be here this afternoon!

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #260 on: Oct 30, 2020, 10:38 AM »
My shipment of T-rips should be here this afternoon!

Dang you must have beat me to the punch, mine won't be here until Saturday!
Da Pack!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #261 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:46 AM »

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #262 on: Oct 30, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Trophy angle electronics bag

https://www.marinegeneral.com/product/trophy-angler-elite-electronics-shuttle/

that looks nice! i have their old design round base bag, works great and has stood up to my abuse for a couple of years now

Catchin' Fish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #263 on: Oct 30, 2020, 02:30 PM »
that looks nice! i have their old design round base bag, works great and has stood up to my abuse for a couple of years now

I've had a round style for quite a while ..takes quite an abuse ...in/out of a 5 gallon bucket ..then last season on of the zipper pulls broke I just a  zip tie on it..for the price its quite a rough and tumble easy on the wallet case. Just bought another one last season for my back up unit .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Harv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #265 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09:30 AM »
Ordered a pack of t-rips just now.  Looked like a pretty good deal!

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #266 on: Nov 03, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Ordered a pack of t-rips just now.  Looked like a pretty good deal!

Yeah I'm pretty excited about them. My only complaint with the K-rips was weight, so to double the weight but keep the same size is going to be huge!
Da Pack!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #267 on: Nov 03, 2020, 10:56 AM »
LOVE my ColdSnap auger cover!

Offline bmaher287

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #268 on: Nov 03, 2020, 12:27 PM »
Yeah I'm pretty excited about them. My only complaint with the K-rips was weight, so to double the weight but keep the same size is going to be huge!

Got mine in the mail over the weekend. They look great and can't wait to try them out!

Offline Swinekicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #269 on: Nov 03, 2020, 01:32 PM »
I just got a couple of the items that you guys were talking about here:

8.5" Kdrill - feels like a 7.5", but bigger. Last year I had a 8" eskimo gas, and when I went with my Kdrill buddies it felt like I was fishing 6" holes more than 8" holes. bought a wheelhouse, so I wanted to go electric. Would have done a lite flite or a pistol if the 8.5" Kdrill wasn't a thing.

Picsfun ICX inline reel - feels nice and small. I feel like the line tension goes from "too loose" to "too tight" a little fast, but I'll have to play with it on the ice. So I accidently bought the right hand one first (returned it), and you can see that one against my 13 descent reel. The Picsfun feels way smaller, but a lot less plastic-y. It is basically all aluminum. The freefall trigger feels solid, and it drops just as fast at the descent, without the clicking. I'm excited to put a few fish on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.