Author Topic: Let's see your ice fishing sleds!  (Read 377578 times)

Offline windmill

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Let's see your ice fishing sleds!
« Reply #390 on: Jan 18, 2011, 10:30 AM »

Offline windmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #391 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:58 AM »
  Attached propylene strips to the bottom of the skis. Wound kup using materials I had for mounting. I installed threaded floor flanges to the skis, then used 1/2" steel pipe. I attached metal pipes on the sled, and everything slides in place. All in all it made a huge difference pulling this sled in the snow. There was about a foot of snow on the ground, and without the skis on, I wouldn't drag it too far. It would drag me down, what a drag !     ::)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #392 on: Jan 19, 2011, 05:22 PM »
On my Strikemaster Glide Lite this allows me to carry my Sonic Ice Hopper that holds my Vex, 5 Rod/ Reel combos, Ice Scoop, Glen's Outdoors 1 man Hub (for the really windy days), Tackle Bags, Propane Lantern (for night fishing).

Once I pop up the hub shelter it fits over the sled so I can keep everything inside the tent minus the auger. I can use the propane lantern for both light and heat if need be. Can honestly say with the Sno Suit I don't ever get cold but when I have a buddy go with its nice to have a base camp for them as they don't typically dress warm enough.

I still have a few things to finish up but will get those taken care of as I get time and once my power head arrives. Also this spring I plan on painting the PVC black and securing the pole holders once they are painted with a few screws. I also want to put some runners on the sled to help protect the bottom.

Craig

Hey Craigthor

looking good, Nice add ons.. The PVC looks great. Brother, your all set.
With paint and the new runners on... she will be able to fly.
You taking her out this weekend?

AltaIce
         @)

" I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #393 on: Jan 19, 2011, 05:26 PM »
  Attached propylene strips to the bottom of the skis. Wound kup using materials I had for mounting. I installed threaded floor flanges to the skis, then used 1/2" steel pipe. I attached metal pipes on the sled, and everything slides in place. All in all it made a huge difference pulling this sled in the snow. There was about a foot of snow on the ground, and without the skis on, I wouldn't drag it too far. It would drag me down, what a drag !     ::)

Hi windmill
  I think I have to do something like you did with the skies, windmill.  Mine is great in ice , hard snow and even dry
pavement... but in the deeper snow.. it can be a chore to pull her.  Are your skis removable at all?

AltaIce
        @)

Offline Pogowi

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Smoked Salmon Anyone?
« Reply #394 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:32 PM »
Craig, nice work on your sled.  What did you use to house your battery on your ice hopper?  Thanks, Pete

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #395 on: Jan 20, 2011, 04:35 AM »
Craig, nice work on your sled.  What did you use to house your battery on your ice hopper?  Thanks, Pete

It sits in the bottom bucket there is a piece of foam that hold it in place.

Craig

Offline Pogowi

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Smoked Salmon Anyone?
« Reply #396 on: Jan 20, 2011, 07:38 AM »
Craig, thank you, I guess I thought the grey box attached to your ice hopper was your battery compartment.  I have an Ice Hopper and also have the battery in the bucket.  Does the grey box house some of your electrical? Thanks, Pete

Offline lc35bones

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #397 on: Jan 20, 2011, 07:56 AM »
What do you think?

I was tired of pulling my sled to the lake and having it full of snow. Now I can fit my chairs, traps, cook stove, heater, portable shack, jiffy, shovel and food and drinks. I also have an convenient surface table to cook on. Oh and come on guys notice the custom budlight logo.  :)  See you on the hard water.

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #398 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:16 AM »
lc35bones that sled is sweet but i hope you have a fourwheeler or something to pull that i couldnt imagine doing  it by hand

Offline lc35bones

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #399 on: Jan 20, 2011, 10:53 AM »
I definitely pull it with my snowmobile which kicks up snow and always filled the dog sled with snow by the time I got to the lake. Thats why I built the box. It is pretty light weight considering it's size though. It is made of 1/4" luan except the bottom which is 3/8 fir.

Offline windmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #400 on: Jan 20, 2011, 12:35 PM »
  Hi AltaIce, the steel piping on the skis slides into the larger tubes that are mounted on the sled. Once you slide the skis in position, you're all set. Then they are removed by just sliding them out.

Offline sea duck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #401 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:22 PM »
 Don't mind the little ice monkey.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #402 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:55 PM »
  Hi AltaIce, the steel piping on the skis slides into the larger tubes that are mounted on the sled. Once you slide the skis in position, you're all set. Then they are removed by just sliding them out.
Hi windmill

The way you have the pipes and skis hooked to them looks and sounds like it works great. Do you mind if i try something like that?

AltaIce
        @)

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #403 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:16 PM »
I can't speak for Windmill but I'm sure he wouldn't mind! I love that about this site, helpful knowledgeable people who for the most part want to help other anglers!

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #404 on: Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 AM »
hockeyboy1267: what size is the pvc? and how did you attach it to the skis? is this sled stabile with all your gear? i am going to build a smitty sled this weekend and wanted to add more room for all my gear. looks like you might be hauling about the same amount of weight as i will be. any info would be helpful. thanks.

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #405 on: Jan 26, 2011, 11:12 AM »
hockeyboy1267: what size is the pvc? and how did you attach it to the skis? is this sled stable with all your gear? i am going to build a smitty sled this weekend and wanted to add more room for all my gear. looks like you might be hauling about the same amount of weight as i will be. any info would be helpful. thanks.
Its 1-1/2". I attached the pvc by screwing caps to the wood on the the sled. It is very stable. Even considering that I built it to come apart in 5 piece to fit in my suburban, I glued the main walls together and drilled holes for pins where the unglued pieces attach. hope that helps its definitely made taking a bunch of stuff on the ice to easy

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #406 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:17 PM »
thanks for the info. it will help in the construction of my sled. the only problem is the stronger i make it the more useless stuff i can haul. thanks again hockeyboy1267. GO PENS. killa1.

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #407 on: Feb 21, 2011, 09:59 AM »
Great thread, some real nice setups @) @)

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #408 on: Jul 30, 2011, 07:47 AM »
Mines a little more home made and evolutionary
It's a kick sled that you stand on the back ski and kick it along the ice.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Bazinga

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #410 on: Dec 13, 2011, 05:27 PM »

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #411 on: Dec 13, 2011, 05:36 PM »
WOW.. Thats a small sled !!    well.. pic is anyway..

Maybe we are suppose to use a unique advanced technology microscope that is capable of magnifying specimens a million times and captures the object’s movements with one million billion times retardation. "Bazinga"  ;D

I'm a Big Bang fan also...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Bazinga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #412 on: Dec 14, 2011, 06:18 AM »
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff437/WEMS4350/IMG00346.jpg

Haha  Sorry guys! Linked ya up to the avatar photo.

Offline tinyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #413 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:40 AM »

Maybe we are suppose to use a unique advanced technology microscope that is capable of magnifying specimens a million times and captures the object’s movements with one million billion times retardation. "Bazinga"  ;D

I'm a Big Bang fan also...

Ha!  I almost just snotted all over my keyboard.
Prayin' for cold

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #414 on: Dec 18, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Heres my ALMOST FINISHED invention, the jigging sled.

Holds 16 (tight, 14 better spaced) rod combos inside and 8 outside for easy grabbing. Pool noodles were sacrificed....

Im guessing the total weight with rods/no other gear is 15-20lbs.

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #415 on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:05 PM »
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #416 on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:24 PM »
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #417 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:29 PM »
I mounted Rubbermade Fast Track Rails on each side of my jet sled. They come in 4 ft lengths, and the sled is 4 ft. The rubbermade hooks install and remove with ease, so that I can remove for transport. It is awesome to have my auger and shelter out of the sled, so I have organized gear. Thanks for the ski idea smitty! I have to have the sled elevated so that the auger can ride on the side.

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #418 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:11 PM »
love the side hangers for auger and hub. I wonder how I can do that with a flip-over sled.
jbird68

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #419 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Heres my ALMOST FINISHED invention, the jigging sled.

Holds 16 (tight, 14 better spaced) rod combos inside and 8 outside for easy grabbing. Pool noodles were sacrificed....

Im guessing the total weight with rods/no other gear is 15-20lbs.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Great job!  That's awesome!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.