Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Storm Lake Tragedy  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Storm Lake Tragedy
« on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:21 PM »
I just read on the news that a father and his three young children went through the ice in a vehicle on Storm Lake. Sounds like he got all three children out and onto the ice but an eight year old child and the father did not make it. The other two children are in the hospital with really bad frostbite. Horrible Tragedy. Does anyone know how much ice is on Storm Lake? I can’t imagine there’s much yet alone enough for a vehicle.

Offline mlee3553

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Storm Lake Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2019, 03:46 PM »
I read something that they slid off the road, not on it fishing, and broke through. All hearsay though, just very sad regardless.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2019, 03:56 PM »
I just heard that too. That would make more sense as far as why there was a vehicle on the ice!

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2019, 04:52 PM »
That's absolutely terrible.  I almost had a similar incident yesterday at Black Hawk Lake.  Going around a little curve by the floating dock, it was super slick and I had to choose between the lake and a couple trees.  I took the trees.  I'm glad I was only going about 10 MPH.

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2019, 06:41 PM »
News said they were swimming at Kings Pointe earlier in the day. People seen them driving on the lake and go through and called it in.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2019, 10:17 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.