Author Topic: Lets talk flip over mods!!  (Read 11893 times)

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lets talk flip over mods!!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 18, 2019, 08:41 AM »
That looks great Lawrance. Looks like it is going to work great for the overnight trips

I'm curious how you guys are getting enough strength in the top to sit on without blowing out the hinges. I'm thinking when I put my big caboose in those chairs I'd blow the hinges /top out.

On mine the hinges are only for the opening/closing function. There's a strip of plywood along the length of the opening under the hinges and on the sides attached to the top that the panels actually rest on when closed.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 18, 2019, 09:10 AM »
Gotcya, that makes sense. I'm going to be taking notes next weekend for sure.  :tipup:
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 20, 2019, 02:25 PM »
Little late to this but looking for suggestions on a great starting point for a flip over, I have plenty of pop up style tents, thinking it’s time to get a flip over and start staying on the ice over night. What’s everyone opinion?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #63 on: Jan 20, 2019, 04:32 PM »
Start researching tub lengths for your height. When you start getting into the 70" range, the price goes up with the insulated versions which I highly recommend getting
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 20, 2019, 05:33 PM »
I am a bigger guy, at 6’ 5” and 300lbs, I am sure I will be limited, I know otter has some bigger stuff, does any other brands go that large?

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
« Reply #65 on: Jan 20, 2019, 05:35 PM »
I'm 6'6" and i love my otter pro resort. You will want a machine to tow it.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Jan 20, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Clam x300 has the biggest tub a 86in, Otter is right behind at 84in and like icecutter said you'll be wanting a machine to pull something that heavy.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 20, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Well now it’s time to start looking, maybe catch some end of season sales and the start putting it together. Thanks for the input and ideas

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 20, 2019, 10:45 PM »
Has anyone seen the Ice Runner Brand flip over? Interested in thoughts on this thing?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #69 on: Jan 21, 2019, 08:36 PM »
I have seen them but haven't seen any reviews or talk on them. The tub height looks low which will limit what you can store under a full sleeper top. One advantage otter has over the others is tub depth. But they have a weird shaped rail you have to work with on fitting a top on it. From what I've seen the clam x series is right behind them and then the others are about the same
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:21 AM »
I've been watching your sleeper mods with keen interest, including Matt's X200 and others.  There are a lot of pics of the build and of things all set up.  I'm interested to see them all put away and ready for towing.  Actually, the process of packing up would be cool to see.  With the platform, the fabric that would otherwise be tucked into the tub is riding on top, right?  Do the travel covers still cover everything?  I know the seating needs to be redone, but does the platform complicate anything else?
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #71 on: Jan 28, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Not for mine I put my seats under the deck with rod box and a few other thing and then I put stuff on the deck and my cover fist fine still and all the extra fabric stays inside the cover as well

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #72 on: Jan 29, 2019, 01:25 PM »
I've been watching your sleeper mods with keen interest, including Matt's X200 and others.  There are a lot of pics of the build and of things all set up.  I'm interested to see them all put away and ready for towing.  Actually, the process of packing up would be cool to see.  With the platform, the fabric that would otherwise be tucked into the tub is riding on top, right?  Do the travel covers still cover everything?  I know the seating needs to be redone, but does the platform complicate anything else?

My tent fabris sits right on top of the deck I installed and rides just fine. Without the seats on I can stack stuff on the deck or another flip/sled for transport in the trailer/truck. my travel cover fits good with thinngs on the deck. The seating you choose is totally up to the builder. I chose to use the seat mounts that would go in a boat. The opnly draw back of this is I have a post hole that goes down into my tub that I have to watch what I put in that area as it could get crushed. The others have use a rail systemn that mounts on top of the deck that the seats slide into. With the rail system you have to use the swivel that comes with most seats and can be pretty heavy. Either way both ways are very functional. I will be pulling my deck off next summer and shortening my door into the tub as I didnt leave enough side room for the tent material when its down. Its pretty tight to get my top up to load gear in the tub and when you close it down the fabric gets caught in it. Not a big deal but it bothers me so im going to change it. Hope these answer some of your questions Steve
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Jan 29, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Ok so I tried to make it a point to get some footage of everyone's sleepers this last weekend at the gorge but I only got clips of 3. I'm going to apologize now for my sideways filming half way thru some of these. Im still learning this stuff  ;D

1st up we have Icecutterion's otter

2nd was hardh20's frabil, I had 2 clips of his. 1st in the tent 2nd of under the deck

3rd was Prospectors otter

Hope you enjoy
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 29, 2019, 10:50 PM »
Nice job Matt. You are a stud!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #75 on: Jan 30, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Well hopefully I'll have my filming skils up to par by next season. Just wish I would have spent a litlle more time filming the others sleepers and not trying to catch fish that didnt want to bite. lol
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:41 PM »
Has anyone considered using electric 12volt heat tape to heat there flip over, then charge you battery with a single solar panel in the day time, to keep your battery charged? Just curious

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #77 on: Feb 04, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Never thought about trying heat tape as its really hard to compete with the buddy heaters and they require no eletricity. Had my new tent 65-68deg all weekend at the gorge every night and I only had it on low. I was very comfortable
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.