Author Topic: An interesting tool  (Read 791 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
An interesting tool
« on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Mom knowing how I love to tinker and fix sent this link to my mail this morning. Bondic UV Plastic Repair

Right off the top of my head I know of a transducer cable that could use some help. And an expensive pair of polarized sunglasses with a busted bow. And a couple of open water lures that are leaking water. Some plastics can be tough to bond and this will likely find a place on the adhesives shelf. I like that the liquid won't dry out, it only hardens when exposed to UV light. Very similar to dental bonding, fake salon nails and some fly tying cements.

Shop for the best price as it seems to be widely available other than the linked site.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: An interesting tool
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Good looking stuff...let us know how it works.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:35 AM »
Esox That looks interesting. Especially on cords for different gadgets.

I use liquid electrical tape on all of the connections I make on my pontoon and car that are subject to getting wet. It keeps the H2O out.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:54 AM »
Sweet new Bonder. I wonder how it would work on Plastic boats. I have a plastic welder but that looks like it would work better.
<===Lefty===

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Great looking product which deserves a place alongside the Gorilla Glue, Titebond, epoxies, liquid tape, and marine sealants. It looks like it would fill a niche the other types of

adhesives just can't solve. A starter kit runs $16.56 delivered off their website, Ebay at $13.75 net, and Amazon at $11.39 net. The Amazon single refills are $8.28 net however.

The best deal looks to be off Ebay at $16.95 for the kit plus one refill.

Many thanks to Mother esox for the useful lead.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2018, 11:06 AM »
Looks good, I try a good 2 part epoxy but it is hard to hold stuff together while it hardens. That is the hardest part.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2018, 11:48 AM »
Was curious how rigid or hard it would be....found this in the Q&A section at the bottom of the page. Looks like really cool stuff!

Offline FishinDJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2018, 04:46 PM »
We experimented with this stuff on a buried irrigation line at work. We figured anything was worth a shot as opposed to digging up and replacing the leaky fitting. That was in April and it seems to be holding so far ;D If it were to let loose, the surrounding area would become quickly saturated. I though it was pretty handy stuff myself.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Looks like a cool tool but you will be spending a fortune on those refills. $7+ for 0.14oz of UV resin is criminal. That’s all this is, just UV resin. Honestly, for your money, you’d be better off buying a bottle of Solarez. The torch looks nice and compact though.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.